Miami City Ballet’s ‘Giselle’
Miami City Ballet kicks off third program, a full-length production of the 19th century ballet 'Giselle.'
Miami City Ballet, Program III: Giselle
Broward Center, 201 S.W. Fifth Ave., Ft. Lauderdale; 954-462-0222
Feb. 24 & 25 at 8 p.m., Feb. 25 & 26 at 2 p.m.
Kravis Center for the Performing Arts, 701 Okeechobee Blvd., West Palm Beach; 561-832-7469
Mar. 9 at 8 p.m., Mar. 10 at 2 p.m. & 8 p.m., Mar. 11 at 1 p.m.
Poor Giselle: She has a weak heart, the gamekeeper won’t stop with his unwanted romantic advances and — to make things worse — her mystery lover turns out to be a nobleman sowing his wild oats before wedding a princess. Of course, this ballet is pretty tragic, but under the artistic direction of Edward Villella and with the critically-acclaimed dancers of the Miami City Ballet, you will be cheering our heroine as she saves her beloved (and herself) from the wrath of a supernatural posse of man-haters called The Wilis. Unfortunately, she is actually dead while she does it. Like I said, tragic.
See and Do
- Michael Franti & Spearhead headline music and yoga festival
- 10 things not to miss this week: Art, Marvel comics & freebie fun
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 25-27
- ‘Cirque Dreams Jungle Fantasy’ brings a United Nations of talent to the Broward Center stage
- Absorbing and exquisitely acted, GableStage’s ‘The Whale’ is a study in connection
- ‘H2OMBRE’ brings splashy spectacle and lots of water to the Arsht Center stage
- Cinderella, robots, date night & Munchkin Fun's top 10 picks for the week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 18-20
- Overtown Music and Arts Festival 2014
- Ice cream parties, kids carnivals & Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week