Miami City Ballet’s ‘Giselle’
Miami City Ballet kicks off third program, a full-length production of the 19th century ballet 'Giselle.'
Miami City Ballet, Program III: Giselle
Broward Center, 201 S.W. Fifth Ave., Ft. Lauderdale; 954-462-0222
Feb. 24 & 25 at 8 p.m., Feb. 25 & 26 at 2 p.m.
Kravis Center for the Performing Arts, 701 Okeechobee Blvd., West Palm Beach; 561-832-7469
Mar. 9 at 8 p.m., Mar. 10 at 2 p.m. & 8 p.m., Mar. 11 at 1 p.m.
Poor Giselle: She has a weak heart, the gamekeeper won’t stop with his unwanted romantic advances and — to make things worse — her mystery lover turns out to be a nobleman sowing his wild oats before wedding a princess. Of course, this ballet is pretty tragic, but under the artistic direction of Edward Villella and with the critically-acclaimed dancers of the Miami City Ballet, you will be cheering our heroine as she saves her beloved (and herself) from the wrath of a supernatural posse of man-haters called The Wilis. Unfortunately, she is actually dead while she does it. Like I said, tragic.
See and Do
- Miami Events - December 2015
- 17 Fun Things to Do This Week: Nov 30 - Dec 5
- Eddie Izzard comes to Miami with 'Force Majeure' tour
- Bayfront Park hosts tree lighting event to kick off holiday season
- Momix will perform and teach a master class at Broward Center
- 17 Fun Things to Do This Holiday Week: Nov 23-29
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Nov. 20-22
- ‘Newsies’ dances its way back to South Florida with a charming leading man
- Some Miami Book Fair events of note (in a weekend of hundreds)
- Miami Book Fair, a literary cornucopia, kicks off