Miami City Ballet’s ‘Giselle’
Miami City Ballet kicks off third program, a full-length production of the 19th century ballet 'Giselle.'
Miami City Ballet, Program III: Giselle
Broward Center, 201 S.W. Fifth Ave., Ft. Lauderdale; 954-462-0222
Feb. 24 & 25 at 8 p.m., Feb. 25 & 26 at 2 p.m.
Kravis Center for the Performing Arts, 701 Okeechobee Blvd., West Palm Beach; 561-832-7469
Mar. 9 at 8 p.m., Mar. 10 at 2 p.m. & 8 p.m., Mar. 11 at 1 p.m.
Poor Giselle: She has a weak heart, the gamekeeper won’t stop with his unwanted romantic advances and — to make things worse — her mystery lover turns out to be a nobleman sowing his wild oats before wedding a princess. Of course, this ballet is pretty tragic, but under the artistic direction of Edward Villella and with the critically-acclaimed dancers of the Miami City Ballet, you will be cheering our heroine as she saves her beloved (and herself) from the wrath of a supernatural posse of man-haters called The Wilis. Unfortunately, she is actually dead while she does it. Like I said, tragic.
See and Do
- Stories, school fun & Munchkin Fun's 10 top picks for this week
- Hess Select South Beach Seafood Festival arrives Oct. 22-25 on Miami Beach
- Hialeah Park Casino celebrates one year with busy weekend
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Aug. 15-17
- Monster truck driver Debrah Miceli proves that Monster Jam is not just a boy’s club
- Wayans brothers bring their comedy act to Seminole Hard Rock on Friday, Aug 15.
- ‘Shorts Gone Wild 2’ finds laughs and deeper moments in brief LGBT-themed plays
- Olaf parties, freebie fun & Munchkin Fun's top 10 picks for the week
- Ahmed Ahmed heads to South Florida with the 'Sullivan & Son' Comedy Tour
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Aug. 8-10