Miami City Ballet’s ‘Giselle’
Miami City Ballet kicks off third program, a full-length production of the 19th century ballet 'Giselle.'
Poor Giselle: She has a weak heart, the gamekeeper won’t stop with his unwanted romantic advances and — to make things worse — her mystery lover turns out to be a nobleman sowing his wild oats before wedding a princess. Of course, this ballet is pretty tragic, but under the artistic direction of Edward Villella and with the critically-acclaimed dancers of the Miami City Ballet, you will be cheering our heroine as she saves her beloved (and herself) from the wrath of a supernatural posse of man-haters called The Wilis. Unfortunately, she is actually dead while she does it. Like I said, tragic.
Miami City Ballet, Program III: Giselle
Broward Center, 201 S.W. Fifth Ave., Ft. Lauderdale; 954-462-0222
Feb. 24 & 25 at 8 p.m., Feb. 25 & 26 at 2 p.m.
Kravis Center for the Performing Arts, 701 Okeechobee Blvd., West Palm Beach; 561-832-7469
Mar. 9 at 8 p.m., Mar. 10 at 2 p.m. & 8 p.m., Mar. 11 at 1 p.m.
See and Do
- 5 kinds of guys you'll wind up meeting in Miami's dating scene
- Friends of The Underline hosts #PokemonGoUnderline social media contest
- So you think you can dance? Prove it on National Dance Day with the Miami City Ballet
- 7 things you must taste when in Miami
- 9 Instagram-Worthy Photo Opps in Miami
- 10 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - July 22-24
- Things we discovered on a 74-mile car trip on the Tamiami Trail from Miami to Naples
- Finding craft beer at Miami sports venues
- 9 events you can't miss in Miami - August 2016
- 9 weird things you see in Miami