Lenny Kravitz has designs for Miami
Working on interiors of Paramount Bay and SLS Hotel at South Beach
Lenny Kravitz may have been singing on the Rockafeller Plaza in New York City during the Today Show, but he sure can't hide his love for Miami.
A frequent visitor to hot spots such as Casa Tua and Florida Room at Delano (which his interior design company helped fashion), Kravitz announced he is currently working on a pair of new design projects in Miami.
"That's my day gig." Kravitz told Today co-host Ann Curry. "I have always been into it. I started my a firm 13 years ago and now I am doing this 46-story tower in Miami called Paramount Bay which is an amazing project. I am also working alongside Philippe Starck who is doing a new hotel in Miami and he asked me to do the top floor of the Presidential Suite. So it's quite an honor to be working with somoene of that magnitude. "
The Starck property Kravitz was speaking of is the forthcoming SLS Hotel at South Beach which is scheduled to open in 2012. The sister hotel of the tony SLS Beverly Hills, the SLS South Beach is located on the corner of 17th and Collins and sits across the street from the Delano hotel, where the Kravitz-designed Florida Room - known for its mixology-inspired cocktails and intimate live music sessions - is rumored to be closing soon.
Paramount Bay is a planned 46-story luxury residential condominium tower along Biscayne Bay which boasts private elevators to every residence.
On Our Radar
- Gorilla Perfumes making a stop at LUSH on Lincoln Road
- Food Network chefs sign on to Alex’s Lemonade Stand
- Rewind Recap: Accordion Invasion hits South Beach
- Glades star Jordan Wall to appear at fundraiser
- Score tickets for concert at Microsoft store opening
- Will and Jaden Smith get photobombed at Heat game
- Luis Fonsi is engaged to model Agueda López
- Wendy Williams giving out advice at Books and Books
- Kris Humphries swarmed by fans in Miami Beach
- New Disney store to open at Bayside Marketplace