Lenny Kravitz has designs for Miami
Working on interiors of Paramount Bay and SLS Hotel at South Beach
Lenny Kravitz may have been singing on the Rockafeller Plaza in New York City during the Today Show, but he sure can't hide his love for Miami.
A frequent visitor to hot spots such as Casa Tua and Florida Room at Delano (which his interior design company helped fashion), Kravitz announced he is currently working on a pair of new design projects in Miami.
"That's my day gig." Kravitz told Today co-host Ann Curry. "I have always been into it. I started my a firm 13 years ago and now I am doing this 46-story tower in Miami called Paramount Bay which is an amazing project. I am also working alongside Philippe Starck who is doing a new hotel in Miami and he asked me to do the top floor of the Presidential Suite. So it's quite an honor to be working with somoene of that magnitude. "
The Starck property Kravitz was speaking of is the forthcoming SLS Hotel at South Beach which is scheduled to open in 2012. The sister hotel of the tony SLS Beverly Hills, the SLS South Beach is located on the corner of 17th and Collins and sits across the street from the Delano hotel, where the Kravitz-designed Florida Room - known for its mixology-inspired cocktails and intimate live music sessions - is rumored to be closing soon.
Paramount Bay is a planned 46-story luxury residential condominium tower along Biscayne Bay which boasts private elevators to every residence.
On Our Radar
- Kardashians in Miami Beach, opening new store
- Telenovela hunk William Levy hits the big screen
- Local Bachelor Juan Pablo takes it slow
- Supermodel Nina Agdal to make in store appearance
- Rumor mill: Shakira switches brokers midstream
- Local cake makers get reality show, 'Divas del Azucar'
- Wilmer Valderrama will judge Calle Ocho fashion show
- John Turturro to be honored at MIFF
- Cadillac V-series Challenge puts pro golfers, VIPs on the fast track at Homestead-Miami Speedway
- Oprah's Fisher Island home sells again