Jennifer Lopez $12 Million for Idol
big bucks for J-lo to judge
Looks like JLo is "settling'' for a tidy $12 million to serve as a judge on American Idol's 10th season.
People.Com and The New York Post report Jennifer Lopez has signed on for that sum to plug holes that keep springing on that judge's panel. Simon Cowell -- for many the voice of reason -- bailed in May during the lackluster Season 9 finale that saw Lee DeWyze crowned the ninth (and least) Idol. Cowell plans an American version of his British hit show X Factor for the 2011 fall season. Shortly after Cowell left, Ellen DeGeneres, who never worked out well as a judge because she'd parrot Randy Jackson's opinion, announced she was leaving the show.
This month, Kara DioGuardi, who could give astute advice but often with the personality of a pickle, also announced she was leaving. A $12 million paycheck means Lopez now approaches host Ryan Seacrest's $15 million pay (why, Fox, why?) and tops Jackson and his $8 million contract.
On Our Radar
- Paulina Rubio in hot water over concert no show
- John Leguizamo in Miami to talk new movie
- Dave Chappelle seen at club until the wee hours
- Mario Chalmers hosts first annual Red Hot Winter Wonderland
- Robi Draco Rosa reveals that cancer has returned
- Demi Lovato a headliner at Y100 Jingle Ball
- Strange turn in Justin Bieber lawsuit
- Is Lindsay Lohan behind Basel beatdown?
- Paul Walker to costar with Miami native
- Michael Jordan's wife expecting