Jennifer Lopez $12 Million for Idol
big bucks for J-lo to judge
Looks like JLo is "settling'' for a tidy $12 million to serve as a judge on American Idol's 10th season.
People.Com and The New York Post report Jennifer Lopez has signed on for that sum to plug holes that keep springing on that judge's panel. Simon Cowell -- for many the voice of reason -- bailed in May during the lackluster Season 9 finale that saw Lee DeWyze crowned the ninth (and least) Idol. Cowell plans an American version of his British hit show X Factor for the 2011 fall season. Shortly after Cowell left, Ellen DeGeneres, who never worked out well as a judge because she'd parrot Randy Jackson's opinion, announced she was leaving the show.
This month, Kara DioGuardi, who could give astute advice but often with the personality of a pickle, also announced she was leaving. A $12 million paycheck means Lopez now approaches host Ryan Seacrest's $15 million pay (why, Fox, why?) and tops Jackson and his $8 million contract.
On Our Radar
- Will Smith seen relaxing at Zuma
- Local designer wins Lifetime's 'Under the Gunn'
- 'House of Cards' star Kevin Spacey dines out
- Austin Mahone celebrates 18th birthday
- Miracle Myles: Myles Chefetz's South of Fifth takeover continues with Prime Private
- Fashion designer Ariana Rockefeller at Alene Too
- Rafael Nadal spends time in presidential suite
- Mayim Bialik is a geek and plays one on TV
- David Beckham's line of swimwear coming to H&M
- Miami natives premiering alien movie