Jennifer Lopez $12 Million for Idol
big bucks for J-lo to judge
Looks like JLo is "settling'' for a tidy $12 million to serve as a judge on American Idol's 10th season.
People.Com and The New York Post report Jennifer Lopez has signed on for that sum to plug holes that keep springing on that judge's panel. Simon Cowell -- for many the voice of reason -- bailed in May during the lackluster Season 9 finale that saw Lee DeWyze crowned the ninth (and least) Idol. Cowell plans an American version of his British hit show X Factor for the 2011 fall season. Shortly after Cowell left, Ellen DeGeneres, who never worked out well as a judge because she'd parrot Randy Jackson's opinion, announced she was leaving the show.
This month, Kara DioGuardi, who could give astute advice but often with the personality of a pickle, also announced she was leaving. A $12 million paycheck means Lopez now approaches host Ryan Seacrest's $15 million pay (why, Fox, why?) and tops Jackson and his $8 million contract.
On Our Radar
- Barbara Streisand coming to Miami area before the holidays
- Moet bottle made just for Miami champagne lovers
- Khloe Kardashian shows off her new boyfriend in Miami
- Kim Kardashian's midnight tanning session in Miami
- 'Selma' star David Oyelowo in Miami
- Donald Trump and Kanye West to Cause Traffic Kerfuffle in Miami
- Vogue with Madonna at Art Basel
- Kourtney Kardashian in Miami with Scott Disick
- Kanye West's five weirdest (and greatest) stories of 2016 (so far)
- Magic Mike style show coming to Miami