No joke: Shakira has her baby
Latin pop sensation Shakira and soccer star Gerard Pique of FC Barcelona are parents, for real.
If you recall, late last month, Pique caused quite the worldwide ruckus after tweeting that Shakira had given birth. Ha-ha, the joke was on us, when it came out later that the birth announcement was a hoax. Pique, 25, was only doing what came naturally in honor of the Day of Innocents, which is Spain’s version of April Fools Day.
But it seems Shakira really is a new mom: “We are happy to announce the birth of Milan Piqué Mebarak, son of Shakira Mebarak and Gerard Piqué, born Jan. 22nd at 9:36 p.m. in Barcelona, Spain,” the couple announced on the singer's website. " “The name Milan means dear, loving and gracious in Slavic; in Ancient Roman, eager and laborious; and in Sanskrit, unification.“ It's also a super fashionable city in Italy, but that's another matter.
If you care enough, the couple (frequent visitors to Miami) have invited friends and family to join an online baby shower to benefit underprivileged children. A UNICEF-hosted web site invites those attending the virtual baby shower at http://shakira.socialtoaster.com.
"To celebrate the arrival of our first child, we hope that, in his name, other less privileged children in the world can have their basic needs covered through gifts and donations," reads a message from the 35-year-old Colombian superstar, a goodwill ambassador for the UN children's agency, and Pique. "Thank you for sharing this unforgettable moment with us."
On Our Radar
- Ricky Martin in Miami Beach with Maluma
- Armand Assante remembers 'Mambo Kings' premiere
- Zika cases found in Miami Beach, pregnant women warned to stay away by CDC
- Kanye West's Life of Pablo pop up shop in Miami
- Miami hurdler Brianna Rollins rules!
- Disney princess Aimee Carrero a Miami girl
- Are Anna Kournikova and Enrique Iglesias married?
- 6 things to do so you don't get Zika
- Refrain From Ever Becoming A Plastic Surgery Nightmare with Dr. Nassif's Beauty Tips
- Cristiano Ronaldo spied out in Miami