No comment from UF on Ryan Lochte's reality show
If Ryan Lochte’s alma mater is truly proud of him as his big reality show debuts tonight on E!, its leaders sure are keeping it quiet. “No comment,” is what you get from the University of Florida honchos when you ask about What Would Ryan Lochte Do? It actually took a Florida Sunshine Law request from Gossip Extra for officials to give up any information about whether or not the Gainesville campus cooperated with the producers. There’s indeed a film permit for E! signed in February by Curtis Reynolds, VP of Business Affairs. He had no comment. Why the silence? The 11-Olympic medal winner hasn’t come across as the sharpest knife in the drawer as he hawked the series, assailed by critics showing Lochte as “Superman in the pool” and “super stupid on TV.” And Lochte’s appearance on Philly’s Fox affiliate last week made him look so dumb the anchors had a two-minute laughing fit that went viral online. “If you’re a man at night, you’ve got to be a man in the morning,” Lochte told them before they lost it. Which makes you wonder how Lochte graduated from what’s supposed to be the flagship of Florida’s state education.
On Our Radar
- Florida girl Megan Fox: Miami has changed so much
- South Florida's Johnny Depp in divorce drama
- Win a ride on the Flying Cucumber blimp on June 2
- 5 Colombian locations in Miami that Seleccion Colombia should visit
- Did your name make the list of names for the 2016 Hurricane Season?
- Blac Chyna slams body shamers
- Tracy Morgan: I feel good
- How to Do Miami Like These 9 Celebs
- Brett Ratner back home in Miami Beach
- Dance pop singer Erika Jayne performing in Wynwood