No comment from UF on Ryan Lochte's reality show
If Ryan Lochte’s alma mater is truly proud of him as his big reality show debuts tonight on E!, its leaders sure are keeping it quiet. “No comment,” is what you get from the University of Florida honchos when you ask about What Would Ryan Lochte Do? It actually took a Florida Sunshine Law request from Gossip Extra for officials to give up any information about whether or not the Gainesville campus cooperated with the producers. There’s indeed a film permit for E! signed in February by Curtis Reynolds, VP of Business Affairs. He had no comment. Why the silence? The 11-Olympic medal winner hasn’t come across as the sharpest knife in the drawer as he hawked the series, assailed by critics showing Lochte as “Superman in the pool” and “super stupid on TV.” And Lochte’s appearance on Philly’s Fox affiliate last week made him look so dumb the anchors had a two-minute laughing fit that went viral online. “If you’re a man at night, you’ve got to be a man in the morning,” Lochte told them before they lost it. Which makes you wonder how Lochte graduated from what’s supposed to be the flagship of Florida’s state education.
On Our Radar
- Madonna concert dates in Miami changed
- Christina Milian models in Miami Beach
- What's up with Ryan Tannehill's mega contract?
- Instacart: An easier way to get groceries?
- Tony Romo eats his way through Miami
- Phil Collins in town
- Adrian Grenier guest of honor at magazine party
- Kings of Chaos at Hard Rock Live
- Joe Pepitone biopic penned by local screenwriters
- Talking to Beyonce's fitness guru Marco Borges