Nina Compton leaving chef post at Scarpetta in Miami Beach
'Top Chef' finalist and fan favorite is taking time off to travel.
If you've wanted to try the four-star food at Scarpetta in the Fontainebleau under chef de cuisine and Top Chef finalist Nina Compton, better hurry. Like, now.
Compton has resigned her post at celebrity chef Scott Conant's Miami Beach restaurant; Thursday will be her last day. The St. Lucia-born chef, who finished second in the most recent season of the Bravo TV cooking competition and was voted fan favorite, says she will take some time off to travel before returning to a professional kitchen.
"I am everywhere and nowhere at the same time," she tells us. "I needed to figure out my step."
A statement from the Fontainebleau praised Compton for being "an amazing team member" and named her replacement as chef de cuisine: Marlon Rambaran.
Scarpetta must have made Rambaran a more appealing offer than the one he accepted last month in New York, where he was named head chef of a Long Island seafood restaurant.
According to the Fontainebleau, Rambaran starts "immediately" in Miami Beach, and the resort expects a smooth transition in the kitchen.
4441 Collins Ave., Miami Beach
- How eating at a Miami Italian restaurant can aid Italy earthquake relief
- What chefs, authors the Miami Book Fair has for food lovers
- This renovated firehouse with two names has become a Brickell staple
- Miami's favorite croquetas by Yelpers in honor of Croquetapalooza
- 5 fun foodie activities to do with kids in Miami
- Wynwood businesses reopen after Zika scare
- Michy fans: Fried chicken is back
- Grandma's recipes play into new Estefan Kitchen
- This "clean eating" South Beach restaurant to open Brickell spot
- Croquetas get star treatment at Croquetapalooza