Nilo Cruz’s ‘A Bicycle Country’
Nilo Cruz’s ‘A Bicycle Country’ tells the story of a paralyzed man in Cuba who dreams of a better life.
In Nilo Cruz’s ‘A Bicycle Country,’ a paralyzed man, his friend and his physical therapist despair of the world around them in mid-‘90s Cuba. So they risk everything to ride a raft across the Florida Straits in search of that always-compelling dream, a better life. Evelyn Perez, Charlie Sothers and artistic director Ricky J. Martinez star in the New Theatre production opening this weekend at the Roxy Performing Arts Center, 1645 SW 107th Ave., Miami.
Performances are 8 p.m. Thursday-Saturday, 1 and 5:30 p.m. Sunday (no late show June 10), through June 24. Tickets are $40 ($35 Thursday and Sunday evening, $15 student rush , free to the first 25 students 25 or younger on opening weekend). Call 305-443-5909 or visit www.new-theatre.org.
See and Do
- Food to try at Miami Dolphins home games
- Freebie fun, cake & - Munchkin Fun Miami's top picks for the week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Aug. 29-Sept. 1
- Labor Day Weekend Events in Miami 2014
- Coconut Grove Saturday Organic Market
- Yellow Green Farmers Market
- Miami Famers Market Guide
- South Florida Farmers Market Guide
- Poolside movies, American Girl fun, ET & Munchkin Fun's 10 picks for the week
- Home Design & Remodeling Show brings designer Alena Capra to dish on designing on a budget