Nilo Cruz’s ‘A Bicycle Country’
Nilo Cruz’s ‘A Bicycle Country’ tells the story of a paralyzed man in Cuba who dreams of a better life.
In Nilo Cruz’s ‘A Bicycle Country,’ a paralyzed man, his friend and his physical therapist despair of the world around them in mid-‘90s Cuba. So they risk everything to ride a raft across the Florida Straits in search of that always-compelling dream, a better life. Evelyn Perez, Charlie Sothers and artistic director Ricky J. Martinez star in the New Theatre production opening this weekend at the Roxy Performing Arts Center, 1645 SW 107th Ave., Miami.
Performances are 8 p.m. Thursday-Saturday, 1 and 5:30 p.m. Sunday (no late show June 10), through June 24. Tickets are $40 ($35 Thursday and Sunday evening, $15 student rush , free to the first 25 students 25 or younger on opening weekend). Call 305-443-5909 or visit www.new-theatre.org.
See and Do
- Miami Events - July 2015
- July 4, Kids Eat Free: Munchkin Fun's top picks June 29 - July 5
- Seven options for a date night in Miami with no time to waste
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - June 27-29
- Florida Supercon celebrates 10 years of geeking out
- Fourth of July guide: Where to watch fireworks in South Florida on July 4
- Munchkin Fun's top picks for family fun June 22-28
- Carlos Mencia headlines at the Ultimate Miami Comedian at Magic City Casino
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - June 19-21
- Five things you didn't know about DJ Irie