Nilo Cruz’s ‘A Bicycle Country’
Nilo Cruz’s ‘A Bicycle Country’ tells the story of a paralyzed man in Cuba who dreams of a better life.
In Nilo Cruz’s ‘A Bicycle Country,’ a paralyzed man, his friend and his physical therapist despair of the world around them in mid-‘90s Cuba. So they risk everything to ride a raft across the Florida Straits in search of that always-compelling dream, a better life. Evelyn Perez, Charlie Sothers and artistic director Ricky J. Martinez star in the New Theatre production opening this weekend at the Roxy Performing Arts Center, 1645 SW 107th Ave., Miami.
Performances are 8 p.m. Thursday-Saturday, 1 and 5:30 p.m. Sunday (no late show June 10), through June 24. Tickets are $40 ($35 Thursday and Sunday evening, $15 student rush , free to the first 25 students 25 or younger on opening weekend). Call 305-443-5909 or visit www.new-theatre.org.
See and Do
- Free Train Rides, BBQ Fest & Giveaways: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks Mar 29 - Apr 5
- Video: #HowTo Miami Beach
- Easter Eggstravaganzas, Free Yoga & Munchkin Gardening: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks Mar 23-29
- Saturday event provides bikers of all levels a safe path in Miami
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - March 20-22
- Miami Open expands entertainment options with top chefs, models and Olympians
- Billy Porter plays Colony Theater this weekend
- St. Patty’s Day Fun, Free Play, Spring Break Prep & Legos: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks Mar 16-22
- Photo exhibit at UM Art Gallery explores life on the Texas High Plains
- 13th Annual Orchid Festival arrives this weekend