Night of wine and Rossellini
Art Basel Miami Beach may be one of the world's great visual feasts, but for the 100 or so guests at Wednesday night's $1,000-a-plate gala at The Wolfsonian FIU, it was a literal one as well. Th...
Art Basel Miami Beach may be one of the world's great visual feasts, but for the 100 or so guests at Wednesday night's $1,000-a-plate gala at The Wolfsonian FIU, it was a literal one as well. The talents of French super-chef Jean Georges Vongerichten and the grande dame of American wine, Margrit Mondavi, paired beautifully with the quirky genius of actress-filmmaker Isabella Rossellini.
The wine was an inspired match for Vongerichten's rice-cracker-coated tuna medallions dabbed with siracha-citrus emulsion. A main course of caramelized lamb chops with a smoked chile glaze and a buttery potato puree went gorgeously with a smoky 2007 cabernet reserve that had a nose so big it could have sneezed.
Props and costumes (salmon, giraffes, lizards, bugs) from Rossellini's Green Porno videos adorned the lobby. The Seduce Me video installation featuring her acting out animal-mating strategies is on view through Sunday at The Wolfsonian FIU, 1001 Washington Ave., Miami Beach.
-- VICTORIA P. ELLIOTT
Inge Onsea is the designer of Essentiel, a fashion line widely sold in Europe and Japan. Onsea, who lives in Antwerp, Belgium, is wearing an Essentiel skirt and bag, a Zara top, and shoes by London designer Camilla Skovgaard.
See more at MiamiHerald.com/artbasel.
On Our Radar
- Rick Ross celebrates 10 years of 'Port of Miami'
- 5 reasons why everyone should watch Premios Tu Mundo
- Ricky Martin in Miami Beach with Maluma
- Armand Assante remembers 'Mambo Kings' premiere
- Zika cases found in Miami Beach, pregnant women warned to stay away by CDC
- Kanye West's Life of Pablo pop up shop in Miami
- Miami hurdler Brianna Rollins rules!
- Disney princess Aimee Carrero a Miami girl
- Are Anna Kournikova and Enrique Iglesias married?
- 6 things to do so you don't get Zika