Night of wine and Rossellini
Art Basel Miami Beach may be one of the world's great visual feasts, but for the 100 or so guests at Wednesday night's $1,000-a-plate gala at The Wolfsonian FIU, it was a literal one as well. Th...
Art Basel Miami Beach may be one of the world's great visual feasts, but for the 100 or so guests at Wednesday night's $1,000-a-plate gala at The Wolfsonian FIU, it was a literal one as well. The talents of French super-chef Jean Georges Vongerichten and the grande dame of American wine, Margrit Mondavi, paired beautifully with the quirky genius of actress-filmmaker Isabella Rossellini.
The wine was an inspired match for Vongerichten's rice-cracker-coated tuna medallions dabbed with siracha-citrus emulsion. A main course of caramelized lamb chops with a smoked chile glaze and a buttery potato puree went gorgeously with a smoky 2007 cabernet reserve that had a nose so big it could have sneezed.
Props and costumes (salmon, giraffes, lizards, bugs) from Rossellini's Green Porno videos adorned the lobby. The Seduce Me video installation featuring her acting out animal-mating strategies is on view through Sunday at The Wolfsonian FIU, 1001 Washington Ave., Miami Beach.
-- VICTORIA P. ELLIOTT
Inge Onsea is the designer of Essentiel, a fashion line widely sold in Europe and Japan. Onsea, who lives in Antwerp, Belgium, is wearing an Essentiel skirt and bag, a Zara top, and shoes by London designer Camilla Skovgaard.
See more at MiamiHerald.com/artbasel.
On Our Radar
- Gloria Estefan to lead Q&A
- CSI Miami star Omar Miller talks Weekend Fix
- Dwyane Wade getting ready for A Night on the Runwade
- Mr. Olympia Phil Heath gives diet and exercise tips before the holidays
- Pharrell can't sell his Miami condo
- Supermodel Elle Macpherson at opening of Stripsteak
- Eric Trump marries in Palm Beach
- Miami actor Carlos Ponce stays busy
- Jersey Belle star Jaime Sullivan in Miami
- Shireen Sandoval named 'Deco Drive' cohost