Nibbles & Bits
Club Blue Miami: Boys & Girls Clubs of Miami-Dade launch new young professionals 45-and-under networking group to benefit the clubs programs for kids; 6-8 p.m., Crazy About You, 1155 Brickell Bay Dr., Suite 101, Miami; $25 (includes a drink and hors doeuvres). firstname.lastname@example.org.
Food News & Views: Tim Zagat discusses the 2011 Zagat South Florida Restaurant Survey with host Linda Gassenheimer and Miami Herald wine columnist Fred Tasker on WLRN-FM (91.3); 1:30-2 p.m.
Memorial Green Market: 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Memorial Regional Hospital, 3501 Johnson St., Hollywood. 305-531-0038 or www.themarketcompany.org.
Publix Aprons Cooking School Classes: www.publix.com/aprons:
• Talk of the Town-China Grill: Cooking demo by Chris Capron, executive chef at the Fort Lauderdale restaurant; 6:30 p.m., 1181 S. University Dr., Plantation; $40, registration required. 954-577-7632.
SOBE Local Food Tour: Walking lunch tour with introduction to the history, architecture and diverse culinary scene of South Beach. Includes tastings at five to seven stops; noon (also Fridays, Saturdays and Wednesdays); meeting place provided with booking confirmation; $59, reservations required. 855-642-3663.
Thirsty Thursdays-Sparkling Cocktail Hour: Three beers, cocktails or glasses of wine plus ceviches and grilled skewers with wine educator Barry Alberts; 6-9 p.m., Jaguar Ceviche Spoon Bar & Latam Grill, 3067 Grand Ave., Coconut Grove; $20. 305-444-0216.
Whole Foods Market Events: www.wholefoodsmarket.com:
*South Beach Wine and Food Festival Cooking Class: With Meat Market chef Sean Brasel. Participants get chance to win a pair of tickets to the Feb. 24-27 festivals Grand Tasting Village; 7 p.m., 6701 Red Rd., Coral Gables; free, registration required. 305-421-9421.
*Top 5 @ 5 Wine Tastings: Sample up to five carefully picked wines; 5-7 p.m., 810 University Dr., Coral Springs; free. 954-753-8000.
*Value Tour: Learn how to find the best deals in the store; 2-2:45 p.m., 1020 Alton Rd., Miami Beach; free, registration required. 305-938-2800.
Williams-Sonoma Demonstration-Classic Soups: Call for times; held at South Florida stores. Store locator at www.williams-sonoma.com.
Chateau Latour Tasting & Dinner: Features legendary vintages including 1982, 1986, 1990, 2000, 2006 and the newly released 2007. Event is limited to 16 people; 7 p.m., Cafe Maxx, 2601 E. Atlantic Blvd., Pompano Beach; $895, reservations required. 954-523-9463.
Chocolate Festival with Coffee & Tea: Fifth annual international event includes chocolate tastings, cacao tree sales, cooking demos, lectures, free yoga classes and kids activities; 9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. through Sunday; Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden, 10901 Old Cutler Rd., Coral Gables; admission is $25, $18 seniors, $12 kids 6-17, free for kids 5 and under and members. 305-667-1651 or www.fairchildgarden.org . Full schedule in Calendar at www.MiamiHerald.com.
- Smooshies candy store opens in Key Biscayne
- The Five Best Pork (and Lamb) Chops You Can Only Eat In Miami
- Comfort-food goodness oozes from the Daily Melt in Miami
- Edible art is enticing at Perez Art Museum Miami's Verde
- Zak the Baker's new bakery rises in Wynwood
- These six Italian restaurants have the perfect combination of food and hospitality
- Chefs Aaron Brooks, Dena Marino and Jose Mendin collaborate on a one-night only dinner at Four SeasonsOrlando
- Beer that tastes like French toast? Only in Florida
- Freddo scoops out Argentine treats
- A steakhouse with Pubbelly flare comes to downtown