New Year's Eve: Usher
Usher, along with Trey Songz, brings the 'OMG Tour' to AmericanAirlines Arena in Miami on December 31.
December 31, 2010
601 Biscayne Blvd.
Miami, FL 33132
Tickets: $39.50 to $145.95
Were you bummed when Usher announced his OMG Tour and no Florida (much less Miami) date was listed?
Turns out Mr. Raymond had bigger plans.
Not only will the U.S. tour be coming to the Magic City, it'll arrive at the AmericanAirlines Arena in downtown Miami on December 31. That's right, New Year's Eve.
It's the first of what will likely be several high-profile shows in South Florida that night. Last year, Lady Gaga, Phish, and Kid Cudi all performed New Year's shows.
Usher's latest trek is in support of his two 2010 releases: Raymond v. Raymond (which features smash single "OMG" with will.i.am of the Black Eyed Peas), and Versus (which has a guest spot from Miami's own Pitbull on "DJ Got Us Fallin' In Love").
The OMG Tour is the first time Usher has brought a full-scale show to Miami since his Truth Tour visited in 2004 with a then-up-and-coming Kanye West as opening act.
This time, he's getting help from 25-year-old crooner Trey Songz, known for hypersexual slow jams like "I Invented Sex" and "Say Aah," and rising star Miguel.
Tickets go on sale Friday, October 22 at 10 a.m. on Ticketmaster. Prices range from $39.50 to $145.95.
Music in Miami
- Beat Camp workshop provides opportunities for aspiring songwriters, music producers
- Carly Rae Jepsen talks about her upcoming show at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach
- Ben Taylor performs in Miami Beach
- Sweatstock Block Party showcases local, independent music in Miami
- Esperanza Spalding presides over a night of soulful jazz in Miami this Friday
- Tortuga Music Festival in Fort Lauderdale offers something for everyone — even the sea turtles
- ‘American Idol’ star Adam Lambert headlines Sunday at Miami Beach Gay Pride
- Concert review: Taylor Swift in Miami
- Alicia Keys eyes Miami to ‘Set the World on Fire’ on latest tour this Saturday
- Fantasia Barrino comes to Miami to perform at Jazz in the Gardens