New Year's Eve: Usher
Usher, along with Trey Songz, brings the 'OMG Tour' to AmericanAirlines Arena in Miami on December 31.
December 31, 2010
601 Biscayne Blvd.
Miami, FL 33132
Tickets: $39.50 to $145.95
Were you bummed when Usher announced his OMG Tour and no Florida (much less Miami) date was listed?
Turns out Mr. Raymond had bigger plans.
Not only will the U.S. tour be coming to the Magic City, it'll arrive at the AmericanAirlines Arena in downtown Miami on December 31. That's right, New Year's Eve.
It's the first of what will likely be several high-profile shows in South Florida that night. Last year, Lady Gaga, Phish, and Kid Cudi all performed New Year's shows.
Usher's latest trek is in support of his two 2010 releases: Raymond v. Raymond (which features smash single "OMG" with will.i.am of the Black Eyed Peas), and Versus (which has a guest spot from Miami's own Pitbull on "DJ Got Us Fallin' In Love").
The OMG Tour is the first time Usher has brought a full-scale show to Miami since his Truth Tour visited in 2004 with a then-up-and-coming Kanye West as opening act.
This time, he's getting help from 25-year-old crooner Trey Songz, known for hypersexual slow jams like "I Invented Sex" and "Say Aah," and rising star Miguel.
Tickets go on sale Friday, October 22 at 10 a.m. on Ticketmaster. Prices range from $39.50 to $145.95.
Music in Miami
- Kelly Rowland spreads her wings
- Max Raabe and the Palast Orchester bring vintage sounds to the Arsht Center
- Travie McCoy performs at the WGC Cadillac Championship this Saturday
- Virginia Key Grassroots Festival offers four days of music, camping, fun
- Charlie Wilson performs in Miami this Saturday
- Julio Iglesias, Latin lion in winter, sings Saturday at AmericanAirlines Arena
- Tessanne Chin talks 9 Mile Music Festival
- Andrea Bocelli serenades South Florida for Valentine's Day
- Global Cuba Fest offers new spectrum of music from the island
- Kurt Elling concert celebrates music’s creative minds