New Year's Eve: Usher
Usher, along with Trey Songz, brings the 'OMG Tour' to AmericanAirlines Arena in Miami on December 31.
December 31, 2010
601 Biscayne Blvd.
Miami, FL 33132
Tickets: $39.50 to $145.95
Were you bummed when Usher announced his OMG Tour and no Florida (much less Miami) date was listed?
Turns out Mr. Raymond had bigger plans.
Not only will the U.S. tour be coming to the Magic City, it'll arrive at the AmericanAirlines Arena in downtown Miami on December 31. That's right, New Year's Eve.
It's the first of what will likely be several high-profile shows in South Florida that night. Last year, Lady Gaga, Phish, and Kid Cudi all performed New Year's shows.
Usher's latest trek is in support of his two 2010 releases: Raymond v. Raymond (which features smash single "OMG" with will.i.am of the Black Eyed Peas), and Versus (which has a guest spot from Miami's own Pitbull on "DJ Got Us Fallin' In Love").
The OMG Tour is the first time Usher has brought a full-scale show to Miami since his Truth Tour visited in 2004 with a then-up-and-coming Kanye West as opening act.
This time, he's getting help from 25-year-old crooner Trey Songz, known for hypersexual slow jams like "I Invented Sex" and "Say Aah," and rising star Miguel.
Tickets go on sale Friday, October 22 at 10 a.m. on Ticketmaster. Prices range from $39.50 to $145.95.
Music in Miami
- Gloria Estefan headlines Miami Beach Centennial Concert on Thursday night
- Jazz In The Gardens: RUN-DMC storms the stage Sunday
- Jazz In The Gardens: Erykah Badu performs Sunday night
- Piano Guys bring pop-classical medleys to the Arsht Center
- Erykah Badu, Run DMC and Sheila E. highlight Jazz in the Gardens 10th anniversary line-up
- Roberto Rodriguez Quartet performs at the Olympia Theater's jazz series
- Virginia Key GrassRoots Festival Announces Lineup
- Jazz legends to light up New World Center
- Jacob Jeffries performs Wednesday at CANVAS in downtown Miami
- Fleetwood Mac’s reunion with Christine McVie akin to ‘performance art,’ band’s founder says