New World Symphony Grand Opening Gala
Classical music enthusiasts (with bucks) support the New World Symphony at the Grand Gala Opening this Saturday.
What’s sure to be one of, (if not THE) biggest events of the year takes place this Saturday, January 29, as the New World Symphony’s Grand Opening Gala celebrates the first black tie event in the New World Symphony’s Frank Gehry-designed campus (500 17 Street, Miami Beach).
The opening gala will unlock this ginormous music box for its supporters, art and music lovers, business leaders and cultural dignitaries. The gala will begin with cocktails, then New World Symphony Co-Founder and Artistic Director Michael Tilson Thomas will present a multi media concert, featuring the world premiere of stunning video art complementing Mussorgsky’s Pictures at an Exhibition, followed by cocktails amid Gehry’s soaring shapes and then dinner under the stars on the Mary and Howard Frank Plaza and a late night after party and performance by Broadway star Audra McDonald.
Gala guests will also take home custom-made Baccarat etched crystal gifts (valued at over $230). While the ticket prices are steep: single tickets cost $10,000 and tables go for $100,000, the gala’s net goal, which is set at $1.5 million will go towards the underwriting of NWS fellowships and community engagement programs, bringing free performances and music lessons to schools, retirement homes and hospitals.
The gala committee has already raised $2 million for the community engagement programming. For more information, contact Rebecca Mandelman at 305-428-6733.
See and Do
- Shrek, Legos, Cinco de Mayo & Mother’s Day Treats: Munchkin Fun's Top picks May 4-10
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - May 1-3
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - May 1-3
- Pee Wee’s Big Adventure, Parachutes & Doktor Kaboom: Munchkin Fun's Top picks Apr 27 - May 3
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - April 24-26
- ‘MythBusters’ duo gets Miami audience involved in science hijinks
- Little Havana Visitor Center opens on Calle Ocho
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 24-26
- Festivals of Speed brings luxury to Museum Park
- Island City delivers the laughs and the bite in ‘Little Dog Laughed’