New World Symphony
Tchaikovsky's Fifth and a fifth of Grey Goose.
It's time to get your classy duds to the dry cleaner once again because here comes the New World Symphony's concert season. September 24, the fellows will delight with a performance of Tchaikovsky's Fifth at the new Frank Gehry-designed New World Center.
After the show the Friends of the New World Symphony are kicking off their season. The program that promotes classical music to a younger generation while broadening their philanthropic opportunities through support of the New World Symphony, will host its first Symphony After Hours event. The fun takes place at the Fontainebleau Hotel's Glimmer Ballroom and will feature a special performance by DJ Walshy Fire and a live performance by Jorge Mejia and The Green Room. Guests will enjoy complimentary cocktails, wine and light bites.
New World Symphony performing Tchaikofsky's Fifth, Saturday, September 24 at 7:30 p.m. at New World Center, 500 17th St., Miami Beach; Tickets are free while they last at www.nws.edu.
Symphony After Hours, 9 p.m. at Fontainebleau's Glimmer Ballroom, 4441 Collins Ave., Miami Beach. To attend Friends of New World Symphony's Symphony After Hours, contact Stacey Glassman Mizener for information on different memberships at 305-428-6732 or via e-mail at Stacey.Glassman@nws.edu. General Admission is $40.
See and Do
- 15 things to do with the kids Oct 5-11: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Oct. 2-4
- Miami Events - October 2015
- Wizard World Comic Con takes over the Broward Convention Center
- 15 things to do with the kids Sept 28 - Oct 4: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- Ultimate guide to luxury seats at Miami’s Sun Life Stadium
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Sept. 25-27
- House of Horrors kicks off this weekend with a concert by Silentó
- Bay Skate rolls back into Bayfront Park with a free skating party
- Broward County celebrates its 100 year anniversary with Neil Goldberg's extravaganza 'WE'