New World Symphony
Tchaikovsky's Fifth and a fifth of Grey Goose.
It's time to get your classy duds to the dry cleaner once again because here comes the New World Symphony's concert season. September 24, the fellows will delight with a performance of Tchaikovsky's Fifth at the new Frank Gehry-designed New World Center.
After the show the Friends of the New World Symphony are kicking off their season. The program that promotes classical music to a younger generation while broadening their philanthropic opportunities through support of the New World Symphony, will host its first Symphony After Hours event. The fun takes place at the Fontainebleau Hotel's Glimmer Ballroom and will feature a special performance by DJ Walshy Fire and a live performance by Jorge Mejia and The Green Room. Guests will enjoy complimentary cocktails, wine and light bites.
New World Symphony performing Tchaikofsky's Fifth, Saturday, September 24 at 7:30 p.m. at New World Center, 500 17th St., Miami Beach; Tickets are free while they last at www.nws.edu.
Symphony After Hours, 9 p.m. at Fontainebleau's Glimmer Ballroom, 4441 Collins Ave., Miami Beach. To attend Friends of New World Symphony's Symphony After Hours, contact Stacey Glassman Mizener for information on different memberships at 305-428-6732 or via e-mail at Stacey.Glassman@nws.edu. General Admission is $40.
See and Do
- Pee Wee’s Big Adventure, Parachutes & Doktor Kaboom: Munchkin Fun's Top picks Apr 27 - May 3
- Little Havana Visitor Center opens on Calle Ocho
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 24-26
- Festivals of Speed brings luxury to Museum Park
- Island City delivers the laughs and the bite in ‘Little Dog Laughed’
- Outdoor Movies, Earth Day Goodies, Summer Camp & Giveaways: Munchkin Fun's Top picks Apr 20-26
- No 'pleading the fifth' for Andy Cohen in Miami
- Anderson Cooper comes to Miami for an intimate conversation
- Miami Science Museum hosts annual Galaxy Gala and Big Bang fundraiser
- Dennis Watkins brings magic back to the Arsht in ‘The Magnificents’