New World Center's Mini-Concerts return with "Yoga Night at the New World Symphony"
New World Symphony brings you enlightenment in the form of mini-concerts and yoga classes.
Need a night out that promises to be both culturally and spiritually enlightening? OK, perhaps that is a lofty goal for a trip to MIami Beach, but the New World Symphony is bringing back its mini-concerts Friday, Jan. 11 and is throwing a free yoga class in the deal. The mini-concerts are 30-minute programs that start at 7 p.m., 8 p.m. and 9 p.m., alternating between selections from Copland's "Rodeo" and a duo of operatic overatures from Rossini and Weber.
After the first program, ambassadors from yoga and athletic lifestyle company lululemon will lead a yoga session at 7:30 p.m. outside the New World Center in Miami Beach SoundScape. All participants will be treated to complementary refreshments on the New World Center’s plaza.
Music, yoga and refreshments. Sounds enlightening, indeed.
New World Center
500 17th Street, Miami Beach
Rossini: Overture to The Barber of Seville
Weber: Overture to Der Freishutz
See and Do
- O, Miami poetry shows up in local food
- Balans restaurant owner found dead
- Skateboards and jazz collide this weekend at YoungArts campus
- Miami Broward One Carnival heads south to a new venue in Miami
- Accessible Art: Fort Lauderdale art exhibit spotlights 10 female artists, CIFO teams up with Museum of Fine Arts Boston, and MOCA on WPBT Ch. 2
- More gifts pour in as Pérez Art Museum Miami prepares to open
- Bookleggers brings Literary Death Match to Bardot in Miami
- Abstract painter Larry Poons brings art to Miami nature center in January
- Lunch with Lydia: Daughter of Wynwood pioneer carries on father’s mission
- A prelude to Art Basel for locals