New wine & film series in the Grove
Barry Alberts, long-time host of wine tastings in Coconut Grove, launches another venture next week: Wednesday Wine & Movie Night at the Paragon Grove 13. Albert, who tells us he’s a film buff as well as a wine lover, will host a tasting from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at the Paragon’s Backlot Wine Bar & Lounge, 3015 Grand Ave.. Afterward, participants can watch a classic or foreign film in the theater’s private screening room or, for $5, take in any of the first-run movies showing on other screens. Cost is $15 and includes appetizers. Parking is $2 in the Cocowalk garage. Reservations are not required, but Alberts is happy to answer questions at 305-793-3120.
- The List: Corsair's Scott Conant
- Jean-Georges turns to Latino cooking at new Matador Room in Miami Beach
- New Year's beer: Anderson Valley Blood Orange Gose
- Armadillo Cafe to open in Boca Raton
- Hoffman's Chocolates engineers sweet treats for the holidays
- Chef changes at Verde, Steak 954, Makoto
- The List: Casa D'Angelo's Angelo Elia
- Michelle Bernstein's Seagrape serves upscale elegance in new Thompson Hotel
- Miami restaurant review: Is Iron Chef Morimoto up to the South Beach challenge?
- South Beach openings: Soho Bay, David's Cafe, a new Dewey's, Bodega, Chicken Kitchen, La Savina