New project for reality star
Project Runway winner Irina dishes
Project Runway Season 6 winner Irina Shabayeva was in town recently scouting for boutiques on South Beach — as always, being quite the busy bee. Since her big win, the 29-year-old New York resident showcased her Fall collection at Lincoln Center during New York Fashion Week, launched a line at Macy’s and has had such celebs as Lady Gaga donning her creations. We got to chat up the designer, who was born in the Republic of Georgia, about her expansion into making home goods, showcasing at Fashion Week and what the future holds.
What are you working on these days?
I’m launching a home line. Right now it’s throws and pillows. It’s going to have graphic and wing print motifs. I was getting a lot of requests from interior designers to make it. It has a lot of the same looks from my last Fall collection. I’m currently working on finishing production for my Spring 2011 and Bridal line. Then I’ll focus on Spring 2012. T
ell us about your Luxe by Irina line with HSN.
The second collection comes out in September. I first started with outerwear, but now it’s going to include ready-to-wear, handbags and accessories.
What was Fashion Week like?
I’ve shown before during New York Fashion week, but it was my first time at Lincoln Center. Fashion Week is always stressful and exhausting. There are deadlines and sometimes things that need to get done last minute, but it only happens twice a year.
On Our Radar
- Wilmer Valderrama in Miami
- Vanilla Ice headed to the Design District?
- Thrive Seminar, Nelson Foundation will award local entrepreneur $10,000 on Thursday on Miami Beach
- Comedian Jo Koy at Magic City Casino
- Want to get gorgeous fast? Glamsquad is one solution
- Puff Daddy and pals to take stage at Fontainebleau
- Miami Marlins star Giancarlo Stanton single & looking
- Brandon Flowers cancels Fillmore concert
- Zac Efron makes surprise visit to Regal, spins at Grand Central
- Ice Cube and co in town for 'Straight Outta Compton'