New Prohibition Restaurant's speakeasy vibe takes Midtown Miami on a trip
The restaurant and lounge serves food and cocktails until late.
New to Midtown Miami: Prohibition, a restaurant and speakeasy from veteran club and restaurant owner Shawn Shahnazi (Envy, Karma).
Located in the former George's Kitchen at 3404 N. Miami Ave., Prohibition features a kind of Miami's Greatest Hits menu of pan-roasted salmon, wagyu skirt steak, shrimp cocktail, truffle lobster mac and cheese, tuna tartare, etc. Prohibition-era and classic cocktails include fresh takes on the old fashioned, sidecar and more.
Upstairs is the Eighteenth, a late-night cocktail lounge that doubles as a private-events space.
Prohibition is open for dinner Monday-Saturday.
- Miami Beach's Macchialina to open in Asheville
- Fresh American Bistro debuts in Sunny Isles
- The List: Seagrape's Michelle Bernstein
- Pubbelly and Wynwood Brewing Co. to open restaurant, beer bar on cruise ship
- Are these the best restaurants in South Florida?
- La Nuit en Rosé wine festival coming to Miami Beach Edition
- Miami's 15 most anticipated restaurants of 2015
- The List: 50 Eggs' John Kunkel
- The Burgies: Who will be South Florida's 2015 comfort-food champions?
- Southern Italian restaurant Campania opens Wednesday in Miami