New Prohibition Restaurant's speakeasy vibe takes Midtown Miami on a trip
The restaurant and lounge serves food and cocktails until late.
New to Midtown Miami: Prohibition, a restaurant and speakeasy from veteran club and restaurant owner Shawn Shahnazi (Envy, Karma).
Located in the former George's Kitchen at 3404 N. Miami Ave., Prohibition features a kind of Miami's Greatest Hits menu of pan-roasted salmon, wagyu skirt steak, shrimp cocktail, truffle lobster mac and cheese, tuna tartare, etc. Prohibition-era and classic cocktails include fresh takes on the old fashioned, sidecar and more.
Upstairs is the Eighteenth, a late-night cocktail lounge that doubles as a private-events space.
Prohibition is open for dinner Monday-Saturday.
- Doubling down: Chefs Jeff McInnis and Janine Booth to open second Miami Beach restaurant
- The List: 10 best Miami restaurants with Sugar Factory's chef
- Miami food events: Pubbelly gets fishy, Vagabond chef Alex Chang cooks at Fooq's
- 9 new Asian restaurants in Miami and Miami Beach
- 5 restaurant openings to know about in Miami and Fort Lauderdale
- Miami's 10 best restaurants with chef Jimmy Carey of Jimmy'z Kitchen
- 51 restaurants serving Thanksgiving in Miami and Fort Lauderdale
- Taste of Design gala is Saturday at the Moore Building in Miami
- Miami's 10 best restaurants with chef Makoto Okuwa
- Giveaway: Win tickets to Savor the Season party in Brickell