New Prohibition Restaurant's speakeasy vibe takes Midtown Miami on a trip
The restaurant and lounge serves food and cocktails until late.
New to Midtown Miami: Prohibition, a restaurant and speakeasy from veteran club and restaurant owner Shawn Shahnazi (Envy, Karma).
Located in the former George's Kitchen at 3404 N. Miami Ave., Prohibition features a kind of Miami's Greatest Hits menu of pan-roasted salmon, wagyu skirt steak, shrimp cocktail, truffle lobster mac and cheese, tuna tartare, etc. Prohibition-era and classic cocktails include fresh takes on the old fashioned, sidecar and more.
Upstairs is the Eighteenth, a late-night cocktail lounge that doubles as a private-events space.
Prohibition is open for dinner Monday-Saturday.
- Beefed-up seafood menu at Steak 954
- New chef, hot-stone concept at Seasalt & Pepper
- NY-based Quality Meats to open Miami Beach steakhouse
- Miami's rising culinary stars: 30 Under 30
- Michelle Bernstein to pop up at Art Basel 2014
- The List: Rocco's Tacos' Rocco Mangel
- For Michael Mina's ninja-chef, freaking out is not an option
- Thanksgiving 2014: South Florida Dining Guide
- Chef Brad Kilgore to open Alter restaurant in Wynwood
- Secretive "Dîner en Blanc" coming in December