New Prohibition Restaurant's speakeasy vibe takes Midtown Miami on a trip
The restaurant and lounge serves food and cocktails until late.
New to Midtown Miami: Prohibition, a restaurant and speakeasy from veteran club and restaurant owner Shawn Shahnazi (Envy, Karma).
Located in the former George's Kitchen at 3404 N. Miami Ave., Prohibition features a kind of Miami's Greatest Hits menu of pan-roasted salmon, wagyu skirt steak, shrimp cocktail, truffle lobster mac and cheese, tuna tartare, etc. Prohibition-era and classic cocktails include fresh takes on the old fashioned, sidecar and more.
Upstairs is the Eighteenth, a late-night cocktail lounge that doubles as a private-events space.
Prohibition is open for dinner Monday-Saturday.
- Tom Colicchio's top chef in Miami has South Florida roots
- The List: BC Tacos' Brett Chiavari
- The List: Valentino's Giovanni Rocchio
- Lime closes in South Beach, BTW opening in its place
- Shikany restaurant in Miami closed until further notice
- Veuve Clicquot celebrates Carnaval at the Thompson Miami Beach
- The List: The Federal's Ani Meinhold and Cesar Zapata
- My Ceviche owners to open Laffa Mediterranean Kitchen in Miami
- Slow Food's Ark of Taste at Paraiso Bay
- The List: Oceanaire's Kareem Anguin