New Prohibition Restaurant's speakeasy vibe takes Midtown Miami on a trip
The restaurant and lounge serves food and cocktails until late.
New to Midtown Miami: Prohibition, a restaurant and speakeasy from veteran club and restaurant owner Shawn Shahnazi (Envy, Karma).
Located in the former George's Kitchen at 3404 N. Miami Ave., Prohibition features a kind of Miami's Greatest Hits menu of pan-roasted salmon, wagyu skirt steak, shrimp cocktail, truffle lobster mac and cheese, tuna tartare, etc. Prohibition-era and classic cocktails include fresh takes on the old fashioned, sidecar and more.
Upstairs is the Eighteenth, a late-night cocktail lounge that doubles as a private-events space.
Prohibition is open for dinner Monday-Saturday.
Prohibition Restaurant and Speakeasy
3404 N. Miami Ave., Miami
- Food truck fiasco: How one man preyed on Miami dreamers
- How eating at a Miami Italian restaurant can aid Italy earthquake relief
- What chefs, authors the Miami Book Fair has for food lovers
- This renovated firehouse with two names has become a Brickell staple
- Miami's favorite croquetas by Yelpers in honor of Croquetapalooza
- 5 fun foodie activities to do with kids in Miami
- Wynwood businesses reopen after Zika scare
- Michy fans: Fried chicken is back
- Grandma's recipes play into new Estefan Kitchen
- This "clean eating" South Beach restaurant to open Brickell spot