September is winding down & dining season is heating up
September is winding down & dining season is heating up - few new restaurants on the horizon for fall/winter 2010
- A bit of British lure arrives in mid-Beach next month as the Soho Beach House opens on 43 & Collins. The Veneitian-influenced Cecconi's will be ground zero for breakfast, lunch and dinner, with chef Sergio Sigala presenting items like kobe beef tartare; burrata, red onion & tomato pizza; and Maine lobster.
- The Yardhouse, a California-based chain focused on an extensive beer list, is set to open Sunday for lunch, dinner and late-night dining at The Village at Gulfstream Park.
- Seasons 52, a health-oriented chain, sets up shop in Dade County with a 300-seat outlet in the Gables. The healthy eating is slated to begin Nov 15.
- Sustain Restaurant + Bar will begin bringing "progressive American fare prepared from local, sustainable products" to the Design District late November 2010.
- Douglas Rodriguez hits South of Fifth mid-October with the 200-seat De Rodriguez Ocean. The beachfront restaurant with feature two cocktail bars (one pool-side) and a 25-foot ceviche and raw bar.
- Rustic Italian descends upon Midtown as Vino E Olio opens mid-October. Chef Andrea Menichetti will focus on seasonal fare made with fresh, local and imported ingredients.
- French chef extraordinaire Daniel Boulud makes his Dade County debut this November with the launch of db Bistro and the brand-spanking new JW Marriott Marquis (scheduled to open Oct 15).
- PubBelly Gastropub brings an "eclectic" mix of Asian, Puerto Rican Spanish flavors to SoBe in the former Shiso space on Purdy Ave. The menu is heavy on the pork belly with signature items including pork belly dumplings and PubBelly ramen.
The Village at Gulfstream Park, 501 South Federal Hwy, Hallandale Beach
321 Miracle Mile, Coral Gables
Sustain Restaurant + Bar
3252 NE First St, Midtown Miami
De Rodriguez Ocean
The Hilton Bentley Hotel
101 Ocean Dr., Miami Beach
Vino E Olio
139 NE 39th Street
JW Marriott Marquis
1418 20th St, Miami Beach
Soho Beach House
4385 Collins Ave, Miami Beach
- This Miami Beach bar was just named America's best new bar
- Not even a dead body got people out of line for cronuts in New York
- Look like a celebrity and get free food
- A barbecued grilled cheese with Heat -- Miami Heat, that is
- Here's why you should call Dolores ... Miami Smokers for the summer
- We ordered free ice cream from UberEATS. Here's what happened
- South of Spice dining event is a luxurious taste of South Beach
- These 9 Miami food and cocktail events are so good we can't pick just one
- Why this chef wants to bring fine dining to Cuba
- Uber will bring you free ice cream Friday