NEW! Muse of the month: Artist Magnus Sodamin
Each month, visit Miami.com for a spark of stimulation from local artists.
Magnus Sodamin's "Into the Rainbow Vein" at Primary Projects
Meet the artist Friday, Feb. 7 from 6 - 10 p.m.
786-615-9308 or primaryprojectspace.com.
Inspired Art | Muse of the Month
Title: "Cosmic Garden" by Magnus Sodamin
Size: 165 x 125
The artist says: "Through many pours and laying of paint I seek to evoke depth using variety of mark and texture. The individual pours represent flowers and through the process, the painting takes an organic life of its own, a place for me to explore. I don't want anything to look too intentional. Everything carries its own secrets." - Magnus Sodamin
See it with your own eyes: Primary Projects, 151 NE 7th St., Miami; Friday, Feb. 7 - March 24, 2014. Opening reception for Sodamin's first solo show, "Into the Rainbow Vein," is Friday, Feb. 7 from 6 - 10 p.m.
- Accessible Art: Author Beth Dunlop surveys 21st century Miami architecture, take a private tour of Tracey Emin's exhibit at MOCA followed by a street art expedition with Brandon Opalka, and famous graffiti artists show in Wynwood
- Muse of the month: Haitian-born, Miami-based artist Edouard Duval-Carrié
- R House is a restaurant — and an art gallery — in Wynwood
- At ArtCenter/South Florida show, eroticism and gender identity blur
- Accessible Art: Contemporary art gallery opens in Hallandale Beach, Miami Dade College Museum of Art + Design’s expansive permanent collection is on display, and William Glackens in Fort Lauderdale
- Accessible Art: Pérez Art Museum Miami (PAMM) kicks off new book club, DesignMiami/ announces new leadership, artists explore gender and power at the ArtCenter/South Florida, and RACE at the Museum of Science
- Local artist smashes $1 million Ai Weiwei vase on exhibit at Miami’s Pérez Art Museum
- Art Attack: Art festivals take over Miami this weekend
- Is the Museum of Contemporary Art North Miami (MOCA) merging with the Bass Museum of Art?
- Accessible Art: Miami Art Museums Alliance hosts ARTtuesdays, learn about Caravaggio at Miami Biennale, see Carrie Sieh at the Bakehouse Art Complex, and bid on Banksy in Wynwood