NEW! Muse of the month: Artist Magnus Sodamin
Each month, visit Miami.com for a spark of stimulation from local artists.
Magnus Sodamin's "Into the Rainbow Vein" at Primary Projects
Meet the artist Friday, Feb. 7 from 6 - 10 p.m.
786-615-9308 or primaryprojectspace.com.
Inspired Art | Muse of the Month
Title: "Cosmic Garden" by Magnus Sodamin
Size: 165 x 125
The artist says: "Through many pours and laying of paint I seek to evoke depth using variety of mark and texture. The individual pours represent flowers and through the process, the painting takes an organic life of its own, a place for me to explore. I don't want anything to look too intentional. Everything carries its own secrets." - Magnus Sodamin
See it with your own eyes: Primary Projects, 151 NE 7th St., Miami; Friday, Feb. 7 - March 24, 2014. Opening reception for Sodamin's first solo show, "Into the Rainbow Vein," is Friday, Feb. 7 from 6 - 10 p.m.
- Artist Daniel Arsham predicts the future at Locust Projects
- Accessible Art: Meetinghouse gallery opens downtown, Curators come together at the Bass Museum, and Seth Browarnik's photography reveals the art of rum-making
- Rediscover 'The Lost Art of Letter Writing' at Vizcaya Museum and Gardens
- Accessible Art: The Scholl Lecture Series at PAMM welcomes NY artist Gary Simmons and an 'Urban MATERs' anti-gala fundraiser pops up in Wynwood
- Accessible Art: Prominent collector Martin Z. Margulies shares photography archives at NSU Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale and Sebastiao Salgado tackles preservation at Dina Mitrani Gallery in Wynwood
- Buying art is just the first step. You have to make it last.
- Adrian Grenier and partner bring sustainable design to Miami
- Accessible Art: Celebrate Dias de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) at the Bakehouse Art Complex and get the 'bassartpass' for Miami Art Week
- Accessible Art: Julian Schnabel leaves his mark in Brickell and Smash & Grab for Locust Projects
- Meet dozens of local artists Saturday at The Fountainhead Studios in Little Haiti