NEW! Muse of the month: Artist Magnus Sodamin
Each month, visit Miami.com for a spark of stimulation from local artists.
Magnus Sodamin's "Into the Rainbow Vein" at Primary Projects
Meet the artist Friday, Feb. 7 from 6 - 10 p.m.
786-615-9308 or primaryprojectspace.com.
Inspired Art | Muse of the Month
Title: "Cosmic Garden" by Magnus Sodamin
Size: 165 x 125
The artist says: "Through many pours and laying of paint I seek to evoke depth using variety of mark and texture. The individual pours represent flowers and through the process, the painting takes an organic life of its own, a place for me to explore. I don't want anything to look too intentional. Everything carries its own secrets." - Magnus Sodamin
See it with your own eyes: Primary Projects, 151 NE 7th St., Miami; Friday, Feb. 7 - March 24, 2014. Opening reception for Sodamin's first solo show, "Into the Rainbow Vein," is Friday, Feb. 7 from 6 - 10 p.m.
- Accessible Art: Acclaimed sculptor El Anatsui takes over the Bass Museum of Art, Miami artist Bhakti Baxter explores geometry at Gallery Diet, Virginia Overton and Wangechi Mutu exhibits open simultaneously at MOCA, ArtCenter/South Florida celebrates 30th
- HistoryMiami street art exhibit is hot, hot, hot in downtown Miami
- Accessible Art: University of Miami graduate student Carolyn Kay Chema unveils “Curiosities” in Wynwood, explore PAMM for free on Saturday, see photography by Mary Ellen Mark in Coral Gables, and get tickets for Locust Projects' Spring Fling
- ‘ArtScape’ highlights art scene in Miami Beach’s Collins Park neighborhood
- Muse of the month: Artist Agustina Woodgate
- Accessible Art: Celebrations at Frost Art Museum, Machine Project video screening at PAMM, open call for high school students and MFA candidates at Locust Projects, and sign your kids up for a summer of art in Fort Lauderdale
- Young painter Kai Guetta depicts iconic rappers as royalty for solo exhibition at Lulu Laboratorium in Wynwood
- Accessible Art: Miami artist Antonia Wright stuns at Spinello Projects, apply for funds from FEAST Miami, enjoy graffiti at HistoryMiami, and see a Miami Herald photojournalist's retrospective
- Local writer sets up Bookleggers mobile library in Everglades National Park to give away books during AIRIE residency
- Wolfsonian-FIU's Power of Design 'gripe fest' focuses on solutions for Miami