NEW! Muse of the month: Artist Magnus Sodamin
Each month, visit Miami.com for a spark of stimulation from local artists.
Magnus Sodamin's "Into the Rainbow Vein" at Primary Projects
Meet the artist Friday, Feb. 7 from 6 - 10 p.m.
786-615-9308 or primaryprojectspace.com.
Inspired Art | Muse of the Month
Title: "Cosmic Garden" by Magnus Sodamin
Size: 165 x 125
The artist says: "Through many pours and laying of paint I seek to evoke depth using variety of mark and texture. The individual pours represent flowers and through the process, the painting takes an organic life of its own, a place for me to explore. I don't want anything to look too intentional. Everything carries its own secrets." - Magnus Sodamin
See it with your own eyes: Primary Projects, 151 NE 7th St., Miami; Friday, Feb. 7 - March 24, 2014. Opening reception for Sodamin's first solo show, "Into the Rainbow Vein," is Friday, Feb. 7 from 6 - 10 p.m.
- Learn how to sketch at The Wolfsonian-FIU museum in South Beach
- Accessible Art: Celebrate Women's History Month with art in Opa-locka and see new murals by Brazilian artist Rubem Robierb in Fort Lauderdale
- Final formal exhibit at ArtCenter on Miami Beach begins this weekend
- Pérez Art Museum Miami's new monthly party series: 'PAMM Third Thursdays: Poplife Social'
- Accessible Art: Karla Caprali solo show at the Bakehouse in Wynwood and Broward's call to artists for the Dillard Green Space
- Accessible Art: The Art of Patron competition launches and The Wolfsonian hosts an arts and craft beer party
- Art Review: ‘Pastures Green, & Dark Satanic Mills: The British Passion for Landscape’ at the Norton Museum of Art
- Accessible Art: Art and Nature in a Manufactured Era at UM and the impact of WWI on American culture at The Wolfsonian-FIU
- Bakehouse Art Complex introduces Wynwood Green & Art Market, the neighborhood's first farmers market
- Accessible Art: Mexican masterworks featuring Frida Kahlo at NSU Museum of Art and Tameka Norris' 'Recovery' at Emerson Dorsch