NEW! Muse of the month: Artist Magnus Sodamin
Each month, visit Miami.com for a spark of stimulation from local artists.
Magnus Sodamin's "Into the Rainbow Vein" at Primary Projects
Meet the artist Friday, Feb. 7 from 6 - 10 p.m.
786-615-9308 or primaryprojectspace.com.
Inspired Art | Muse of the Month
Title: "Cosmic Garden" by Magnus Sodamin
Size: 165 x 125
The artist says: "Through many pours and laying of paint I seek to evoke depth using variety of mark and texture. The individual pours represent flowers and through the process, the painting takes an organic life of its own, a place for me to explore. I don't want anything to look too intentional. Everything carries its own secrets." - Magnus Sodamin
See it with your own eyes: Primary Projects, 151 NE 7th St., Miami; Friday, Feb. 7 - March 24, 2014. Opening reception for Sodamin's first solo show, "Into the Rainbow Vein," is Friday, Feb. 7 from 6 - 10 p.m.
- Accessible Art: The MDC Museum of Art + Design unveils Recent Acquisitions + Highlights and The Norton reflects on the Black Panthers
- Artists and writers collaborate to honor history of downtown Miami
- Accessible Art: Beck's Urban Canvas launches in Miami and ICA presents 'Who's Afraid of the Art Market?'
- Accessible Art: 'Recently Acquired' at the Bakehouse Art Complex and ArtCenter/South Florida accepts new residency applications
- Patricia and Phillip Frost Museum of Science Explores the Intersection of Art and Science with Curious Vault Collaborations 002 on July 14
- Accessible Art: Pembroke Pines presents 'Caribbean Life' and local artist Pepe Calderin at The Cornell Museum of Art and American Culture
- Accessible Art: The Cultivist launches a global arts club and Cara Despain exhibits at the Bakehouse Art Complex
- Accessible Art: River of Art in Opa-locka and NPR's Neda Ulaby speaks at ArtServe
- Purvis Young collection gifted to The Black Archives in Overtown
- Inside|Out placemaking program takes art to the streets in Miami