New menu choices at Salsa Fiesta include tortas, brunch
Sandwiches pack a punch, brunch features hangover cure
The tortas have arrived at Salsa Fiesta Urban Mexican Grill.
What is a Salsa Fiesta Torta? An array of homemade Mexican griddled telera bread sandwiches such as the Zocalo – grilled chicken, avocado, chipotle black beans, poblano rajas, Chihuahua cheese, creamy cilantro salsa and arugula.
(Yeah, it's that good.)
There is also the Cubana, which comes loaded with carnitas, the Pepito (steak and mushrooms), and Ole Ole for the vegetarian's in the house (think Spanish omlette).
The tortas range in price between $8.99 - $9.89 and come with chips, tamale salsa and an Arugula side salad. (Hello, lunch!).
Also new to Salsa Fiesta is the Sunday Brunch, which takes place every Saturday and Sundat from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Dishes start as low as $4.99, and include such classics as "hangover" tortilla soup with a fried egg (a.k.a. "Levanta Muerto"), huevos rancheros, enchilada omelette and a glutten-free Mexican style waffle (made with almond flour, dusted with Azteca cinnamon sugar, topped with fresh seasonal berries and whipped cream, served with organic blue agave nectar syrup and guava dipping sauce - $8.99). To drink, guests can enjoy mimosas, made with freshly squeezed orange juice and champagne ($5.99); margaritas ($5.99) and sangria ($5.99).
Salsa Fiesta locations are at 2929 Biscayne Blvd. in Miami and 14914 Pines Blvd. in Pembroke Pines. (And coming soon to 18167 Biscayne Blvd. in Aventura).
- The List: Miami's best eats with Piripi's Najat Kaanache
- Chefs named at new Miami restaurants Centro Taco, Laffa Mediterranean and Zest
- The List: Miami's best food with Sushi Maki's Abe Ng
- Miami's best burgers are getting fired up at Burger Brawl
- The List: Miami's best foods with Cantina La Veinte's Santiago Gómez
- La Embajada to open restaurant, coffee bar, music venue in Wynwood
- Tamarina hires exec chef from 'Best New Restaurant' winner Dolce
- Miami's most anticipated restaurants: Where are they now?
- Michelle Bernstein opens Cena by Michy in Miami's MiMo neighborhood
- Where to Treat Mom for Mother's Day