New menu choices at Salsa Fiesta include tortas, brunch
Sandwiches pack a punch, brunch features hangover cure
The tortas have arrived at Salsa Fiesta Urban Mexican Grill.
What is a Salsa Fiesta Torta? An array of homemade Mexican griddled telera bread sandwiches such as the Zocalo – grilled chicken, avocado, chipotle black beans, poblano rajas, Chihuahua cheese, creamy cilantro salsa and arugula.
(Yeah, it's that good.)
There is also the Cubana, which comes loaded with carnitas, the Pepito (steak and mushrooms), and Ole Ole for the vegetarian's in the house (think Spanish omlette).
The tortas range in price between $8.99 - $9.89 and come with chips, tamale salsa and an Arugula side salad. (Hello, lunch!).
Also new to Salsa Fiesta is the Sunday Brunch, which takes place every Saturday and Sundat from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Dishes start as low as $4.99, and include such classics as "hangover" tortilla soup with a fried egg (a.k.a. "Levanta Muerto"), huevos rancheros, enchilada omelette and a glutten-free Mexican style waffle (made with almond flour, dusted with Azteca cinnamon sugar, topped with fresh seasonal berries and whipped cream, served with organic blue agave nectar syrup and guava dipping sauce - $8.99). To drink, guests can enjoy mimosas, made with freshly squeezed orange juice and champagne ($5.99); margaritas ($5.99) and sangria ($5.99).
Salsa Fiesta locations are at 2929 Biscayne Blvd. in Miami and 14914 Pines Blvd. in Pembroke Pines. (And coming soon to 18167 Biscayne Blvd. in Aventura).
- No more standing outside: Salty Donut opens permanently Saturday
- There's art inside and outside of this Wywnood Brewing beer bottle
- Art Basel Eats: From Pop-ups to New Openings
- This man loves burgers so much he built a museum to them
- Their restaurants will be neighbors – so these top chefs cooked for each other
- Why ‘Top Chef’ brothers are opening their first restaurant together in Miami
- A Miami Book Fair event for 'Top Chef' fans, book lovers
- Forget cooking: Here's where to eat out for Thanksgiving
- Mignonette oyster dinner features Miami Book Fair author Rowan Jacobsen
- These food celebs, authors are coming to Miami this week