New menu choices at Salsa Fiesta include tortas, brunch
Sandwiches pack a punch, brunch features hangover cure
The tortas have arrived at Salsa Fiesta Urban Mexican Grill.
What is a Salsa Fiesta Torta? An array of homemade Mexican griddled telera bread sandwiches such as the Zocalo – grilled chicken, avocado, chipotle black beans, poblano rajas, Chihuahua cheese, creamy cilantro salsa and arugula.
(Yeah, it's that good.)
There is also the Cubana, which comes loaded with carnitas, the Pepito (steak and mushrooms), and Ole Ole for the vegetarian's in the house (think Spanish omlette).
The tortas range in price between $8.99 - $9.89 and come with chips, tamale salsa and an Arugula side salad. (Hello, lunch!).
Also new to Salsa Fiesta is the Sunday Brunch, which takes place every Saturday and Sundat from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Dishes start as low as $4.99, and include such classics as "hangover" tortilla soup with a fried egg (a.k.a. "Levanta Muerto"), huevos rancheros, enchilada omelette and a glutten-free Mexican style waffle (made with almond flour, dusted with Azteca cinnamon sugar, topped with fresh seasonal berries and whipped cream, served with organic blue agave nectar syrup and guava dipping sauce - $8.99). To drink, guests can enjoy mimosas, made with freshly squeezed orange juice and champagne ($5.99); margaritas ($5.99) and sangria ($5.99).
Salsa Fiesta locations are at 2929 Biscayne Blvd. in Miami and 14914 Pines Blvd. in Pembroke Pines. (And coming soon to 18167 Biscayne Blvd. in Aventura).
- Pubbelly's L'echon Brasserie closes in Miami Beach
- The List: Best food in Miami with Palme d'Or's Gregory Pugin
- Is Thomas Keller opening a restaurant in Miami?
- Azul names Benjamin Murray chef de cuisine
- La Moderna Italian restaurant and bar opens in Sunset Harbour
- Kids Eat Free July 1-31: Feast on Munchkin Eats
- Michael Schwartz to close Cayman Islands outpost of Michael's Genuine Food & Drink
- The Dutch's BBQ series returns July 1
- The List: 10 best bets for Father's Day dining in South Florida
- Macchialina team to open BaZi modern Asian restaurant in South Beach's Marlin Hotel