New menu additions at Vesper on Miami Beach
Shelborne Hotel’s restaurant unveils a slew of new selections
Vesper American Brasserie
Shelborne South Beach
1801 Collins Ave., Miami Beach
The potential for progress exists even in vintage atmospheres. In this spirit, Vesper American Brasserie, the Shelborne South Beach’s classical James Bond-ian signature eatery, recently unveiled a passel of eclectic new additions to its already wide-ranging menu.
Some high notes from Chef Frank Ferreiro’s fresh additions include sides of Spicy Green Beans flecked with red pepper flakes, Truffle Fries with Aged Parmesan and a Lobster Mac and Cheese dish – either of the latter two are capable of serving as an entrée in their own right. Starters get a boost as well, with a Beef Tenderloin Carpaccio, Mussels and Clams, cool and saliferous Shrimp and Lobster Ceviche, and a Three Way Empanada platter with lobster, spinach and cheese, and Kobe beef.
The main course revamps are all over the map, with a distinctly American take on the Spanish-Caribbean mainstay Ropa Vieja, a Mediterranean homemade sausage Fusilli, JG’s Chicken Parmesan, and a 12 Hour Short Braised Rib so tender it falls apart at the touch.
- New taco shop to open Dec. 29 in Miami Beach
- American Social now open in Brickell
- STK Miami opening delayed after sprinkler accident causes extensive damage
- Freshii: Fast food that's healthy and tastes good
- Cibo Wine Bar expands to South Beach
- New looks for local South Florida craft beers
- Top 10 most popular Miami food/drink places on Instagram in 2014
- The List: The Dutch's Conor Hanlon
- Say 'Opa!' to new Cleo restaurant in the Redbury Hotel in Miami Beach
- Stephen Starr to open second restaurant in Bal Harbour