New menu additions at Vesper on Miami Beach
Shelborne Hotel’s restaurant unveils a slew of new selections
The potential for progress exists even in vintage atmospheres. In this spirit, Vesper American Brasserie, the Shelborne South Beach’s classical James Bond-ian signature eatery, recently unveiled a passel of eclectic new additions to its already wide-ranging menu.
Some high notes from Chef Frank Ferreiro’s fresh additions include sides of Spicy Green Beans flecked with red pepper flakes, Truffle Fries with Aged Parmesan and a Lobster Mac and Cheese dish – either of the latter two are capable of serving as an entrée in their own right. Starters get a boost as well, with a Beef Tenderloin Carpaccio, Mussels and Clams, cool and saliferous Shrimp and Lobster Ceviche, and a Three Way Empanada platter with lobster, spinach and cheese, and Kobe beef.
The main course revamps are all over the map, with a distinctly American take on the Spanish-Caribbean mainstay Ropa Vieja, a Mediterranean homemade sausage Fusilli, JG’s Chicken Parmesan, and a 12 Hour Short Braised Rib so tender it falls apart at the touch.
Vesper American Brasserie
Shelborne South Beach
1801 Collins Ave., Miami Beach
- Where to eat in Miami's Historic MiMo District on Biscayne Boulevard
- Why this iconic South Beach Italian spot changed locations
- President Hello Kitty? She's got cookies to convince you
- South Beach Seafood Festival 2016 highlights top seafood chefs, restaurants
- Get yours: stone crab season starts Saturday
- Is this the best black-owned food truck in South Florida?
- South Florida just got another serious steakhouse
- Food just got a lot better at Heat's American Airlines Arena
- Phuc Yea pops up for good
- Luke's Diner will be a real place Wednesday. Here's where to get free coffee: