New menu additions at Vesper on Miami Beach
Shelborne Hotel’s restaurant unveils a slew of new selections
Vesper American Brasserie
Shelborne South Beach
1801 Collins Ave., Miami Beach
The potential for progress exists even in vintage atmospheres. In this spirit, Vesper American Brasserie, the Shelborne South Beach’s classical James Bond-ian signature eatery, recently unveiled a passel of eclectic new additions to its already wide-ranging menu.
Some high notes from Chef Frank Ferreiro’s fresh additions include sides of Spicy Green Beans flecked with red pepper flakes, Truffle Fries with Aged Parmesan and a Lobster Mac and Cheese dish – either of the latter two are capable of serving as an entrée in their own right. Starters get a boost as well, with a Beef Tenderloin Carpaccio, Mussels and Clams, cool and saliferous Shrimp and Lobster Ceviche, and a Three Way Empanada platter with lobster, spinach and cheese, and Kobe beef.
The main course revamps are all over the map, with a distinctly American take on the Spanish-Caribbean mainstay Ropa Vieja, a Mediterranean homemade sausage Fusilli, JG’s Chicken Parmesan, and a 12 Hour Short Braised Rib so tender it falls apart at the touch.
- The List: Miami's best bites with Sugarcane's Timon Balloo
- Joël Robuchon to open three restaurants in Miami's Design District
- The Gang in midtown Miami goes long on flair, falls short on fare
- New-look STK in Miami Beach is off to a sexy, meaty start
- The List: Finding Miami's best food with Quality Meats' Craig Koketsu
- Find a taste of Portugal at Lisboa Grill in Key Biscayne
- Miami's Momi doubles down with downtown dumpling den
- Restaurant-season slowdown hits Miami
- Crust Pizza evolves into Crust Restaurant, opening this month in Miami
- Munch, munch, pass: 4/20 dinner sparks up at Eating House in Coral Gables