New menu additions at Vesper on Miami Beach
Shelborne Hotel’s restaurant unveils a slew of new selections
The potential for progress exists even in vintage atmospheres. In this spirit, Vesper American Brasserie, the Shelborne South Beach’s classical James Bond-ian signature eatery, recently unveiled a passel of eclectic new additions to its already wide-ranging menu.
Some high notes from Chef Frank Ferreiro’s fresh additions include sides of Spicy Green Beans flecked with red pepper flakes, Truffle Fries with Aged Parmesan and a Lobster Mac and Cheese dish – either of the latter two are capable of serving as an entrée in their own right. Starters get a boost as well, with a Beef Tenderloin Carpaccio, Mussels and Clams, cool and saliferous Shrimp and Lobster Ceviche, and a Three Way Empanada platter with lobster, spinach and cheese, and Kobe beef.
The main course revamps are all over the map, with a distinctly American take on the Spanish-Caribbean mainstay Ropa Vieja, a Mediterranean homemade sausage Fusilli, JG’s Chicken Parmesan, and a 12 Hour Short Braised Rib so tender it falls apart at the touch.
Vesper American Brasserie
Shelborne South Beach
1801 Collins Ave., Miami Beach
- A night of dishing on Miami's culinary scene at Wynwood Yard
- Get the details on Brickell City Centre's major dining game
- Zak the Baker closed, reopens Friday
- Wynwood Brewing releases special beer
- First Look: 1111 Peruvian Bistro brings polished Peruvian to Brickell
- "Celebrity" status won't get you into Eating House's sold-out 4/20 dinner
- 10 New Restaurants Coming Soon to Downtown Doral
- 15 Amazing, Vegetarian-Friendly Restaurants in Miami
- Game of Thrones-inspired dishes at Beaker & Gray
- Izzy’s Fish & Oyster is an authentic lobster shack on South Beach