New menu additions at Vesper on Miami Beach
Shelborne Hotel’s restaurant unveils a slew of new selections
The potential for progress exists even in vintage atmospheres. In this spirit, Vesper American Brasserie, the Shelborne South Beach’s classical James Bond-ian signature eatery, recently unveiled a passel of eclectic new additions to its already wide-ranging menu.
Some high notes from Chef Frank Ferreiro’s fresh additions include sides of Spicy Green Beans flecked with red pepper flakes, Truffle Fries with Aged Parmesan and a Lobster Mac and Cheese dish – either of the latter two are capable of serving as an entrée in their own right. Starters get a boost as well, with a Beef Tenderloin Carpaccio, Mussels and Clams, cool and saliferous Shrimp and Lobster Ceviche, and a Three Way Empanada platter with lobster, spinach and cheese, and Kobe beef.
The main course revamps are all over the map, with a distinctly American take on the Spanish-Caribbean mainstay Ropa Vieja, a Mediterranean homemade sausage Fusilli, JG’s Chicken Parmesan, and a 12 Hour Short Braised Rib so tender it falls apart at the touch.
Vesper American Brasserie
Shelborne South Beach
1801 Collins Ave., Miami Beach
- A Miami Spice Weekly Planner
- Not even a dead body got people out of line for cronuts in New York
- Look like a celebrity and get free food
- Where to find artisanal chocolate in South Florida
- 7 Great Choices for Families during Miami Spice
- Where to Eat Lunch in South Beach Right Now
- Where to Eat Lunch in South Miami Right Now
- This Cuban-American landmark is as good as it gets for Miami flavors
- This brewery wants to prove your abuelita's domino game is strong
- These are the most popular Indian restaurants in Miami