New-look AltaMare toasts summer with a new happy hour
Longtime Miami Beach Italian seafood spot AltaMare has a new decor and new happy hour.
For the first time in AltaMare's 12-year history on South Beach, chef-owner Claudio Giordano's Italian seafood restaurant is offering a daily happy hour bar menu with specials on oysters, crudo, prosecco and more.
What's the cause for celebration, Claudio?
After four years in AltaMare's current location, on the western part of Lincoln Road, the restaurant just got a full interior redesign. The new-look AltaMare has an airy and nautical vibe, with a copper-tile ceiling, portholes to the kitchen and an ocean-wave mural.
Offered every day from 5 to 7 p.m., AltaMare's new happy hour includes half-price oysters, whole fried snapper ($9), wahoo crudo ($7), grouper cakes ($7), fish 'n' chips ($10) and Giordano's popular goat cheese-and-short rib lasagnette ($8). House wines, cocktails and prosecco are $6.
You can also check out more of AltaMare's menu during Miami Spice, which runs Aug. 1 through Sept. 30. Giordano is sweetening the deal by including a glass of prosecco and an oyster to start off every diner's $39 prix fixe menu.
- Pubbelly goes vegan Oct 2
- Eat well & do good at OTC Sept 22
- Updated: Miami restaurant openings, closings and more
- Miami's Best Pizza to close after 44 years in Coral Gables
- Miami food to star on Bravo's 'Best New Restaurant'
- What's the Best? 5 Miami Coffee Shops
- Truffles and caviar on menu at Haven craft beer dinner in Miami Beach
- Interactive brunch benefits United Way of Miami-Dade
- Scott Conant of Scarpetta to open restaurant in Turnberry Isle in Aventura
- Zuma partners to open Tamarina restaurant in Miami