New Era Introducing
New Era showcases the creative minds who participated in its Global Creative Challenge.
New Era Introducing Gallery
719 Lincoln Rd., Miami Beach
11 a.m.-7 p.m. Saturday-Sunday
Best known as the official on-field cap brand for Major League Baseball, New Era is now dedicated to showcasing and recognizing the creative minds of tomorrow via its Global Creative Project. The challenge was issued to 100 artists: Take a white baseball cap and go wild. The results were exhibition-worthy submissions from artists whose masterpieces ranged from a diorama-like woodlands scene to a quirky pig face to an homage to the now-obsolete typewriter.
The winning submission by Marconi Calindas (pictured) and many others are on display from noon to 7p.m. throughout the weekend at the New Era Introducing Gallery, 719 Lincoln Rd., Miami Beach.
See and Do
- Accessible Art: Caribbean-centric exhibition by Haitian artist, Locust Projects wins first NEA grant, and is the Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale expanding?
- Munchkin Fun's 22 fun things to do with the kids Dec 16-21
- 'We Will Rock You' is a guilty pleasure for Queen fans
- Cheech and Chong perform this Sunday at the Hard Rock Live
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Dec. 13-15
- 'Making God Laugh' mines sobering truths
- Found Footage Festival keeps videotape alive
- ‘We Will Rock You’ is built on Queen’s flamboyant rock music
- Accessible Art: Art Basel sets attendance record, color in time and space with Carlos Cruz-Diez, and the Bakehouse Art Complex builds first public metal-casting foundry
- Munchkin Fun's 22 fun things to do with the kids Dec 9-14