New Era Introducing
New Era showcases the creative minds who participated in its Global Creative Challenge.
New Era Introducing Gallery
719 Lincoln Rd., Miami Beach
11 a.m.-7 p.m. Saturday-Sunday
Best known as the official on-field cap brand for Major League Baseball, New Era is now dedicated to showcasing and recognizing the creative minds of tomorrow via its Global Creative Project. The challenge was issued to 100 artists: Take a white baseball cap and go wild. The results were exhibition-worthy submissions from artists whose masterpieces ranged from a diorama-like woodlands scene to a quirky pig face to an homage to the now-obsolete typewriter.
The winning submission by Marconi Calindas (pictured) and many others are on display from noon to 7p.m. throughout the weekend at the New Era Introducing Gallery, 719 Lincoln Rd., Miami Beach.
See and Do
- Skateboards and jazz collide this weekend at YoungArts campus
- Actors’ Playhouse Company turns out a dazzling version of the musical ‘West Side Story’
- Latest touring version of the Tony-winning musical 'Book of Mormon' is a delight
- ‘The Nether’ raises provocative questions about the dark side of the web
- Slow Burn Theatre Company’s ‘Violet’ is a musical about the scars we carry
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Jan. 29-31
- 6 reasons Miami's drive-in theater is better than Netflix and chill
- Miami Events - February 2016
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Jan. 22-24
- 'Peppa Pig’ makes a splash with live shows in South Florida