New Era Introducing
New Era showcases the creative minds who participated in its Global Creative Challenge.
New Era Introducing Gallery
719 Lincoln Rd., Miami Beach
11 a.m.-7 p.m. Saturday-Sunday
Best known as the official on-field cap brand for Major League Baseball, New Era is now dedicated to showcasing and recognizing the creative minds of tomorrow via its Global Creative Project. The challenge was issued to 100 artists: Take a white baseball cap and go wild. The results were exhibition-worthy submissions from artists whose masterpieces ranged from a diorama-like woodlands scene to a quirky pig face to an homage to the now-obsolete typewriter.
The winning submission by Marconi Calindas (pictured) and many others are on display from noon to 7p.m. throughout the weekend at the New Era Introducing Gallery, 719 Lincoln Rd., Miami Beach.
See and Do
- Little Havana Visitor Center opens on Calle Ocho
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 24-26
- Festivals of Speed brings luxury to Museum Park
- Island City delivers the laughs and the bite in ‘Little Dog Laughed’
- Outdoor Movies, Earth Day Goodies, Summer Camp & Giveaways: Munchkin Fun's Top picks Apr 20-26
- No 'pleading the fifth' for Andy Cohen in Miami
- Anderson Cooper comes to Miami for an intimate conversation
- Miami Science Museum hosts annual Galaxy Gala and Big Bang fundraiser
- Dennis Watkins brings magic back to the Arsht in ‘The Magnificents’
- South Beach Comedy Festival celebrates a decade of jokes