New Era Introducing
New Era showcases the creative minds who participated in its Global Creative Challenge.
New Era Introducing Gallery
719 Lincoln Rd., Miami Beach
11 a.m.-7 p.m. Saturday-Sunday
Best known as the official on-field cap brand for Major League Baseball, New Era is now dedicated to showcasing and recognizing the creative minds of tomorrow via its Global Creative Project. The challenge was issued to 100 artists: Take a white baseball cap and go wild. The results were exhibition-worthy submissions from artists whose masterpieces ranged from a diorama-like woodlands scene to a quirky pig face to an homage to the now-obsolete typewriter.
The winning submission by Marconi Calindas (pictured) and many others are on display from noon to 7p.m. throughout the weekend at the New Era Introducing Gallery, 719 Lincoln Rd., Miami Beach.
See and Do
- A Day Trip to the Florida Keys
- Vizcaya’s Secret Garden restored to its natural splendor
- Stories, school fun & Munchkin Fun's 10 top picks for this week
- Hess Select South Beach Seafood Festival arrives Oct. 22-25 on Miami Beach
- Hialeah Park Casino celebrates one year with busy weekend
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Aug. 15-17
- Monster truck driver Debrah Miceli proves that Monster Jam is not just a boy’s club
- Wayans brothers bring their comedy act to Seminole Hard Rock on Friday, Aug 15.
- South Florida Firefighters Calendar is a family affair
- Miami Children’s Museum debuts ‘My Green Home’ exhibit