Feast at 3 new restaurants in the Magic City this month
2004 Biscayne Blvd, Miami
1915 Ponce de Leon Blvd, Coral Gables
Sake Blue Asian Kitchen & Bar
225 Altara Ave, Coral Gables
Loosen your belt & break out your wallet – three new restaurants are officially open for feasting in the Magic City.
- Look for comfort food with a twist at Downtown Miami’s new City Hall restaurant. The spot, opened by Soyka and China Grill Management veteran Steve Haas and former Emeril's chef Tom Azar, specializes in moderately priced classics with a twist like thick-cut bacon with truffle sauce and cheese-studded onion soup dumplings.
- Route 9 brings “American-style cuisine with a bit of Latin and Florida flair” to the Gables. Husband and wife team and first time restaurateurs Paola and Jeremy Goldberg were educated at the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, N.Y., and FIU's School of Hospitality Management, and their combined resumes include stints at Timo, Johnny V Las Olas and Escopazzo. The pair describes their food as "fresh, homey, and comfortable ... with a gourmet touch." Menu highlights include sticky chicken wings, marinara braised mini-meatballs, grilled striped bass and hanger steak.
- The team behind South Miami's Smoke't and Town Kitchen & Bar brings sushi and Asian fusion eats to the Gables at Sake Blue Asian Kitchen & Bar. Located in The Collection building near Village of Merrick Park, Sake Blue’s menu includes sushi rolls, crudos, dumplings, flatbreads and main plates. Look for highlights like basil duck, steak chow fun noodles, seared cobia (pictured) bbq chicken flatbread and pork belly steamed buns.
- The List: Top bites in Miami with Finka's Eileen Andrade
- Chef Danny Grant and John Kunkel's 50 Eggs part ways
- Guess where we're eating, win tickets to see Robert Irvine Live
- New Spanish restaurant Piripi to open March 30 in Coral Gables
- Taste of Tennis to pair pro players and Miami chefs
- Bombay Darbar moving to bigger space in Coconut Grove
- The List: Eating in Miami with Azul chef William Crandall
- Texas de Brazil, Basil Thai now open at Dadeland Mall
- Jugofresh adds coffee drinks to Miami menus
- The Best St. Patrick's Day events