Feast at 3 new restaurants in the Magic City this month
2004 Biscayne Blvd, Miami
1915 Ponce de Leon Blvd, Coral Gables
Sake Blue Asian Kitchen & Bar
225 Altara Ave, Coral Gables
Loosen your belt & break out your wallet – three new restaurants are officially open for feasting in the Magic City.
- Look for comfort food with a twist at Downtown Miami’s new City Hall restaurant. The spot, opened by Soyka and China Grill Management veteran Steve Haas and former Emeril's chef Tom Azar, specializes in moderately priced classics with a twist like thick-cut bacon with truffle sauce and cheese-studded onion soup dumplings.
- Route 9 brings “American-style cuisine with a bit of Latin and Florida flair” to the Gables. Husband and wife team and first time restaurateurs Paola and Jeremy Goldberg were educated at the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, N.Y., and FIU's School of Hospitality Management, and their combined resumes include stints at Timo, Johnny V Las Olas and Escopazzo. The pair describes their food as "fresh, homey, and comfortable ... with a gourmet touch." Menu highlights include sticky chicken wings, marinara braised mini-meatballs, grilled striped bass and hanger steak.
- The team behind South Miami's Smoke't and Town Kitchen & Bar brings sushi and Asian fusion eats to the Gables at Sake Blue Asian Kitchen & Bar. Located in The Collection building near Village of Merrick Park, Sake Blue’s menu includes sushi rolls, crudos, dumplings, flatbreads and main plates. Look for highlights like basil duck, steak chow fun noodles, seared cobia (pictured) bbq chicken flatbread and pork belly steamed buns.
- BRIO celebrates National Ravioli Day with 50% off select dishes on March 18
- Swine celebrates its first anniversary with $5 burgers & $2 old fashioneds March 24
- 10th annual Deering Seafood Festival slated for March 30
- 660 at the Angler's updates weekend brunch
- I Know the Chef app delivers restaurant reservations, preferred seating & perks beginning March 13
- Chicago's Bar Toma debuts a pop-up brunch at Lorenzo on South Beach
- New restaurants coming to South Beach, Brickell
- St. Patrick's Day 2014: Where to toast the luck of the Irish this weekend
- Cecconi’s Miami Beach debuts a “4 to 7” happy hour Tuesday-Saturday
- Grille 401 debuts sushi & sake bar on Las Olas