Feast at 3 new restaurants in the Magic City this month
2004 Biscayne Blvd, Miami
1915 Ponce de Leon Blvd, Coral Gables
Sake Blue Asian Kitchen & Bar
225 Altara Ave, Coral Gables
Loosen your belt & break out your wallet – three new restaurants are officially open for feasting in the Magic City.
- Look for comfort food with a twist at Downtown Miami’s new City Hall restaurant. The spot, opened by Soyka and China Grill Management veteran Steve Haas and former Emeril's chef Tom Azar, specializes in moderately priced classics with a twist like thick-cut bacon with truffle sauce and cheese-studded onion soup dumplings.
- Route 9 brings “American-style cuisine with a bit of Latin and Florida flair” to the Gables. Husband and wife team and first time restaurateurs Paola and Jeremy Goldberg were educated at the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, N.Y., and FIU's School of Hospitality Management, and their combined resumes include stints at Timo, Johnny V Las Olas and Escopazzo. The pair describes their food as "fresh, homey, and comfortable ... with a gourmet touch." Menu highlights include sticky chicken wings, marinara braised mini-meatballs, grilled striped bass and hanger steak.
- The team behind South Miami's Smoke't and Town Kitchen & Bar brings sushi and Asian fusion eats to the Gables at Sake Blue Asian Kitchen & Bar. Located in The Collection building near Village of Merrick Park, Sake Blue’s menu includes sushi rolls, crudos, dumplings, flatbreads and main plates. Look for highlights like basil duck, steak chow fun noodles, seared cobia (pictured) bbq chicken flatbread and pork belly steamed buns.
- Harry's Pizzeria by Michael Schwartz opens Wednesday in Coconut Grove
- The List: Miami's best foods with chef Bernie Matz
- Miami chef Cindy Hutson to be honored Oct. 10
- LIV nightclub founder David Grutman to open Komodo restaurant in Brickell
- New TiramesU restaurant opening Oct. 6 in South Beach
- Chef Jeremiah's Pork Is Good festival returns to Wynwood in November
- Chefs leave top kitchen posts at Miami Beach restaurants Seagrape, Michael Mina 74
- The List: Miami's 10 best foods, according to Stripsteak's Derrick Roberts
- Change is on the menu at Michael Schwartz's The Cypress Room in Miami
- Spanish food market to pop up at Bayfront Park