Feast at 3 new restaurants in the Magic City this month
Loosen your belt & break out your wallet – three new restaurants are officially open for feasting in the Magic City.
- Look for comfort food with a twist at Downtown Miami’s new City Hall restaurant. The spot, opened by Soyka and China Grill Management veteran Steve Haas and former Emeril's chef Tom Azar, specializes in moderately priced classics with a twist like thick-cut bacon with truffle sauce and cheese-studded onion soup dumplings.
- Route 9 brings “American-style cuisine with a bit of Latin and Florida flair” to the Gables. Husband and wife team and first time restaurateurs Paola and Jeremy Goldberg were educated at the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, N.Y., and FIU's School of Hospitality Management, and their combined resumes include stints at Timo, Johnny V Las Olas and Escopazzo. The pair describes their food as "fresh, homey, and comfortable ... with a gourmet touch." Menu highlights include sticky chicken wings, marinara braised mini-meatballs, grilled striped bass and hanger steak.
- The team behind South Miami's Smoke't and Town Kitchen & Bar brings sushi and Asian fusion eats to the Gables at Sake Blue Asian Kitchen & Bar. Located in The Collection building near Village of Merrick Park, Sake Blue’s menu includes sushi rolls, crudos, dumplings, flatbreads and main plates. Look for highlights like basil duck, steak chow fun noodles, seared cobia (pictured) bbq chicken flatbread and pork belly steamed buns.
2004 Biscayne Blvd, Miami
1915 Ponce de Leon Blvd, Coral Gables
Sake Blue Asian Kitchen & Bar
225 Altara Ave, Coral Gables
- Not even a dead body got people out of line for cronuts in New York
- Look like a celebrity and get free food
- A barbecued grilled cheese with Heat -- Miami Heat, that is
- Here's why you should call Dolores ... Miami Smokers for the summer
- We ordered free ice cream from UberEATS. Here's what happened
- South of Spice dining event is a luxurious taste of South Beach
- These 9 Miami food and cocktail events are so good we can't pick just one
- Why this chef wants to bring fine dining to Cuba
- Uber will bring you free ice cream Friday
- Miami Chefs Taking Their Talents to Casa de Campo For a Weekend