New chef at Azul, menu at Area 31, brunch at Forge, deals at La Cofradia
Joel Huff, whose resume includes the Tydes Restaurant and Coral Café in Santa Barbara, Calif., and Saam at The Bazaar by José Andrés in Beverly Hills, has been named chef de cuisine at Azul, Mandarin Oriental’s signature restaurant.
The Forge, 432 41st St., Miami Beach, has begun prix-fixe, sit-down brunch service from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sundays. Cost is $55 for adults (with unlimited mimosas and a bloody Mary bar), $32 for children; 305-538-8533.
La Cofradia, 160 Andalusia Ave., Coral Gables, has added a 4-7 p.m. Monday-Friday happy hour, and offers Monday night dinner guests half-off on bottles of wine; 305-914-1300.
- Jefe's Original Soul Shack officially open in North Miami
- Tongue & Cheek brings back Kitchen Collab chef series Monday, July 14
- The List: Where a Jean-Georges chef eats in Miami
- Kitchen change-up at Miami's Taperia Raca
- db Bistro brings back dbQ July 8
- Shikany debuts 10-course tasting menu on July 11
- Uncle Tom's Barbecue celebrates grand reopening
- Peruvian import Embarcadero 41 Fusion opens in downtown Miami
- Italian gelato and popsicle shop opens in downtown Miami
- L'echon Brasserie blends French classics with Pubbelly twists in Miami Beach