New chef at Azul, menu at Area 31, brunch at Forge, deals at La Cofradia
Joel Huff, whose resume includes the Tydes Restaurant and Coral Café in Santa Barbara, Calif., and Saam at The Bazaar by José Andrés in Beverly Hills, has been named chef de cuisine at Azul, Mandarin Oriental’s signature restaurant.
The Forge, 432 41st St., Miami Beach, has begun prix-fixe, sit-down brunch service from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sundays. Cost is $55 for adults (with unlimited mimosas and a bloody Mary bar), $32 for children; 305-538-8533.
La Cofradia, 160 Andalusia Ave., Coral Gables, has added a 4-7 p.m. Monday-Friday happy hour, and offers Monday night dinner guests half-off on bottles of wine; 305-914-1300.
- The List: Best food in Miami with Palme d'Or's Gregory Pugin
- Eat the best of the wurst at Bavaria Haus in Bayside Marketplace
- Is Thomas Keller opening a restaurant in Miami?
- Azul names Benjamin Murray chef de cuisine
- La Moderna Italian restaurant and bar opens in Sunset Harbour
- Kids Eat Free July 1-31: Feast on Munchkin Eats
- Michael Schwartz to close Cayman Islands outpost of Michael's Genuine Food & Drink
- The Dutch's BBQ series returns July 1
- Tom Colicchio's Beachcraft opens with earnest seasonal cooking
- The Annex in Wynwood is a specialist in comforting bites, beer and brunch