New chef at Azul, menu at Area 31, brunch at Forge, deals at La Cofradia
Joel Huff, whose resume includes the Tydes Restaurant and Coral Café in Santa Barbara, Calif., and Saam at The Bazaar by José Andrés in Beverly Hills, has been named chef de cuisine at Azul, Mandarin Oriental’s signature restaurant.
The Forge, 432 41st St., Miami Beach, has begun prix-fixe, sit-down brunch service from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sundays. Cost is $55 for adults (with unlimited mimosas and a bloody Mary bar), $32 for children; 305-538-8533.
La Cofradia, 160 Andalusia Ave., Coral Gables, has added a 4-7 p.m. Monday-Friday happy hour, and offers Monday night dinner guests half-off on bottles of wine; 305-914-1300.
- Brickell and Miami's Design District are getting new Italian restaurants
- Las Olas gets a new Italian restaurant
- Sip with the experts at La Cave d'Azur's weekly wine tasting
- Feast on a 2lb lobster at Morton's Aug 22
- 7 Peruvian seafood restaurants in Miami to try now
- What's the Best? 5 Cool Ice Cream Shops
- Southern Swank Kitchen in Davie does Southern fare right
- The Miami Spice List: 10 Best Hotel Restaurants
- Brew in Miami: The secret behind one-off beers
- Struggling Lorenzo calls it quits in Miami Beach