New chef at Azul, menu at Area 31, brunch at Forge, deals at La Cofradia
Joel Huff, whose resume includes the Tydes Restaurant and Coral Café in Santa Barbara, Calif., and Saam at The Bazaar by José Andrés in Beverly Hills, has been named chef de cuisine at Azul, Mandarin Oriental’s signature restaurant.
The Forge, 432 41st St., Miami Beach, has begun prix-fixe, sit-down brunch service from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sundays. Cost is $55 for adults (with unlimited mimosas and a bloody Mary bar), $32 for children; 305-538-8533.
La Cofradia, 160 Andalusia Ave., Coral Gables, has added a 4-7 p.m. Monday-Friday happy hour, and offers Monday night dinner guests half-off on bottles of wine; 305-914-1300.
- Miami restaurant review: Chef Michael Pirolo speaks a new language at Bazi
- Doubling down: Chefs Jeff McInnis and Janine Booth to open second Miami Beach restaurant
- The Cypress Room in Miami is now Cypress Tavern: See the differences
- Vegan cuisine is in Full Bloom in Miami Beach
- The List: 10 best Miami restaurants with Sugar Factory's chef
- Miami restaurant review: Marion's French glow shines on Brickell
- Miami food events: Pubbelly gets fishy, Vagabond chef Alex Chang cooks at Fooq's
- 9 new Asian restaurants in Miami and Miami Beach
- Former Miami restaurant owner Joshua Woodward pleaded no contest Friday to attempted murder for trying to induce a miscarriage
- 5 restaurant openings to know about in Miami and Fort Lauderdale