New BLT Prime gets Trump treatment in Doral
Get your steak on while overlooking the Blue Monster.
4400 NW 87th Ave., Doral
Hours: Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
The who: Yes, it's another steakhouse, and yes, it’s similar to BLT Steak (the letters stand for Bistro Laurent Tourondel, the star chef who is no longer a partner at the restaurant empire that still bears his initials), the meatery that opened in The Betsy South Beach five years ago. But this outpost, BLT Prime, is way off the beach (think Doral) and helmed by chefs Dustin Ward and Paul Niedermann.
The space: A plush dining room overlooking the iconic Blue Monster golf course at the newly renovated Trump National Doral. The indoor dining room is awash in walnut, leather and suede while the outdoor patio offers sweeping vistas of the golf course offset by towering Corinthian columns and ornate handcrafted railings. Make no mistake: We are in Trump territory.
The dishes: Classic steakhouse with some French-inspired seafood and sides. BLT Prime doesn't veer far from the chophouse formula with beef, about 10 different sauces and five prepartions of potatoes. Prices skew high with starters $10-$18 and mains $30-$92.
Wonderfully large (and free) popovers start each meal, along with a ramekin of chicken liver spread with toast.
Steaks include a New York strip dry-aged for 28 days, a Kansas City bone-in strip and a porterhouse for two. Pescetarians can turn to Dover sole or branzino over artichokes. Desserts feature steakhouse fare like peanut butter chocolate mousse and modern twists like carrot cake with ginger ice cream.
The bottom line: The newest Miami outlet of the booming BLT franchise is a doppelgänger of BLT Steak but also offers golf course views and a luxury hotel atmosphere.
- Red Ginger rolls sushi and izakaya small plates in SoFi
- Tom Colicchio's Beachcraft opens with earnest seasonal cooking
- Tantalize tempts with dancers and churrasco
- Michelle Bernstein is back at her flagship, now called Cena
- Brad Kilgore wants to alter your perceptions at Alter
- Fancy Asian tapas and umami cocktails beckon at Kuro
- Get your frites on: Bistro Cassis opens in midtown Miami
- Take a swim with Soho Bay's fresh fish dishes
- Coral Gables gets buzzy over new Spanish restaurant Piripi
- Icy-cool crudo and rocket-hot rocks at Modern Garden in Miami