Coral Gables Museum hosts Party on the Plaza
Second annual Party on the Plaza art exhibition returns to Coral Gables Museum on Nov. 2.
The Coral Gables Museum’s Young Associates host the second annual Party on The Plaza
Coral Gables Museum, 285 Aragon Ave.
7 to 11:30 p.m. Nov. 2.
Pre-sale tickets are $25 before October 15. The price will go up to $30 after the date. For more information: 305-603-8067
The Coral Gables Museum’s Young Associates will host their second annual Party on The Plaza featuring works from new artists at the Coral Gables Museum, 285 Aragon Avenue, from 7 to 11:30 p.m. November 2. Pre-sale tickets are for $25 before Oct. 15. The price will go up to $30 after the date.
The president of the Young Associates, Cristina Mas, said the event will give an opportunity for artists to make themselves known. “A lot of upcoming artists are always looking for a different venue to showcase their work, and we offer the museum to them free of charge,” she said. “It also let’s them show their art to people who might not necessarily venture out to the Wynwood area.” The Wynwood area in Miami has a growing reputation for its studios and galleries.
Featured artists at the Gables event will include Victor Alarcon, Christiaan Lopez-Miro, Alex Mijares, Paul Ramirez, Raul Boesel Jr., Gaudi Castro, and Michael Halley. All proceeds will benefit the museum. Last year, the event collected over $25,000. About 500 people attended.
Founded less than a year ago, the Young Associates is a group of professionals and art enthusiasts under the age of 40. They host events every month to raise awareness for the group and the museum. Those in attendance will have a chance to meet the artists and ask questions about their work. “The artists will be there the night of the event and will be able to speak with every patron that walks in,” Mas said. “We want the artists to be able to talk about their work and promote themselves while promoting the museum.”
Mijares, 27, displayed his work last year and noticed positive results. He credits the event for his success. “This was the first show I ever did that had a lot of people,” he said in a phone interview. “Since then, my art career has been taking off.” Mijares will have on display a piece titled Alter Ego featuring two women on each side with one dressed elegantly and the other wearing risqué attire. The backdrop is of a tropical scene and it was inspired by a trip to Spain. He plans on exhibiting three art works.
The event will primarily be held outdoors on the museum’s limestone plaza, where there will be hors d’ouevres and drinks. There will also be music and a photo booth.
See and Do
- Regent Cocktail Club in Miami Beach teams up with Bookleggers Mobile Library for cocktail night
- Frost Museum to hold its inaugural Science Art Cinema event
- Mad Cat’s ‘Lazy Fair’ at Miami Theater Center reunites partners in crime
- 15 things to do with the kids in Miami Aug 24-30: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- PAMM Third Thursdays: Poplife Social featuring Million Young
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Aug. 21-23
- Munchkin Fun's top picks for family fun Aug 17-23
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Aug. 14-16
- "Weird Al" Yankovic brings his masterful musical parody to South Florida
- 'Cirque du soleil: Varekai' heads to South Florida to weave a personal story with classic myth