New anchor announced for CBS4
New job time!
WFOR-TV/CBS4 has announced that Josh Benson will be the station’s new weekday morning co-anchor.And he's a handsome devil.
Benson, most recently the evening news anchor on WFTV-TV in Orlando, joins co-anchor Rhiannon Ally on CBS4 from 5:00 – 7:00 a.m., starting Monday, August 27. Benson has been in the television news business for more than a decade. Prior to WFTV, he was the morning news anchor at KVOA-TV in Tucson, Arizona. Before that, he was evening news anchor and reporter for KAAL-TV in Austin, Minnesota. A native of Minnesota, he began his career at KSTP-TV in Minneapolis, then moved to CBS4’s sister-station, WCCO-TV, also in Minneapolis.
“We are very excited to introduce Josh Benson to our viewers,” said Liz Roldan, News Director at CBS4. “His on-air presence, energy, and journalism skills will make him a great addition to our morning team.” Benson has covered numerous major news stories: the immigration debate on the Arizona/Mexico border; the Casey Anthony trial in Orlando, and the ongoing Trayvon Martin case in Sanford, Florida. Benson has received several awards, including a Hearst Journalism Award, a Society of Professional Journalists Award, the Eric Sevareid Award, an Associated Press Award and an Emmy Award nomination. Benson attended the University of Colorado and majored in journalism at the University of Minnesota.
On Our Radar
- Kesley Grammer and wife spotted in Miami Beach
- Enrique Iglesias faces misdemeanor charges
- Jason Derulo talks new album, influences
- It's decision time for Dwyane Wade
- Launch party for Moscai hosted at The W
- Soccer player Cristiano Ronaldo spotted at W Hotel
- Magic Mike XXL stars at Miami Walk of Fame ceremony
- Irie Weekend a success
- Report: Prince Royce needs to pay up
- Real Housewives couple sue