New anchor announced for CBS4
New job time!
WFOR-TV/CBS4 has announced that Josh Benson will be the station’s new weekday morning co-anchor.And he's a handsome devil.
Benson, most recently the evening news anchor on WFTV-TV in Orlando, joins co-anchor Rhiannon Ally on CBS4 from 5:00 – 7:00 a.m., starting Monday, August 27. Benson has been in the television news business for more than a decade. Prior to WFTV, he was the morning news anchor at KVOA-TV in Tucson, Arizona. Before that, he was evening news anchor and reporter for KAAL-TV in Austin, Minnesota. A native of Minnesota, he began his career at KSTP-TV in Minneapolis, then moved to CBS4’s sister-station, WCCO-TV, also in Minneapolis.
“We are very excited to introduce Josh Benson to our viewers,” said Liz Roldan, News Director at CBS4. “His on-air presence, energy, and journalism skills will make him a great addition to our morning team.” Benson has covered numerous major news stories: the immigration debate on the Arizona/Mexico border; the Casey Anthony trial in Orlando, and the ongoing Trayvon Martin case in Sanford, Florida. Benson has received several awards, including a Hearst Journalism Award, a Society of Professional Journalists Award, the Eric Sevareid Award, an Associated Press Award and an Emmy Award nomination. Benson attended the University of Colorado and majored in journalism at the University of Minnesota.
On Our Radar
- Gloria Estefan to lead Q&A
- CSI Miami star Omar Miller talks Weekend Fix
- Dwyane Wade getting ready for A Night on the Runwade
- Mr. Olympia Phil Heath gives diet and exercise tips before the holidays
- Pharrell can't sell his Miami condo
- Supermodel Elle Macpherson at opening of Stripsteak
- Eric Trump marries in Palm Beach
- Miami actor Carlos Ponce stays busy
- Jersey Belle star Jaime Sullivan in Miami
- Shireen Sandoval named 'Deco Drive' cohost