New & noteworthy: Peacock Garden Cafe, Vita by Baoli
4/13/2011From the team behind Jaguar and Talavera, the Peacock Garden Cafe, 2889 McFarlane Rd., Coconut Grove, is open daily for lunch (or weekend brunch) and dinner. The small, locally focused menu includes such entrees ($18-$30) as fresh fish casserole with fennel, herbs, white wine and tomato and, harkening back to the Grove’s founding, Munroe’s bone-in beef short rib with caramelized vegetables and fingerling potatoes; 305-774-3332, www.peacockspot.com.Open for dinner nightly, Vita by Bâoli, 1906 Collins Ave., Miami Beach, features a menu by executive chef Marc Debas (Acqualina Resort) with such entrees as branzino with lemon, sautéed vegetables and sauce vierge ($34), grilled rack of lamb with portobello mushrooms, Provençal tomatoes and red wine sauce ($42) and Black Angus tenderloin with black truffle and foie gras ($55); 305-674-8822, www.baoli-group.com.
- The List: Corsair's Scott Conant
- Jean-Georges turns to Latino cooking at new Matador Room in Miami Beach
- New Year's beer: Anderson Valley Blood Orange Gose
- Armadillo Cafe to open in Boca Raton
- Hoffman's Chocolates engineers sweet treats for the holidays
- Chef changes at Verde, Steak 954, Makoto
- The List: Casa D'Angelo's Angelo Elia
- Michelle Bernstein's Seagrape serves upscale elegance in new Thompson Hotel
- Miami restaurant review: Is Iron Chef Morimoto up to the South Beach challenge?
- South Beach openings: Soho Bay, David's Cafe, a new Dewey's, Bodega, Chicken Kitchen, La Savina