New & noteworthy: Peacock Garden Cafe, Vita by Baoli
4/13/2011From the team behind Jaguar and Talavera, the Peacock Garden Cafe, 2889 McFarlane Rd., Coconut Grove, is open daily for lunch (or weekend brunch) and dinner. The small, locally focused menu includes such entrees ($18-$30) as fresh fish casserole with fennel, herbs, white wine and tomato and, harkening back to the Grove’s founding, Munroe’s bone-in beef short rib with caramelized vegetables and fingerling potatoes; 305-774-3332, www.peacockspot.com.Open for dinner nightly, Vita by Bâoli, 1906 Collins Ave., Miami Beach, features a menu by executive chef Marc Debas (Acqualina Resort) with such entrees as branzino with lemon, sautéed vegetables and sauce vierge ($34), grilled rack of lamb with portobello mushrooms, Provençal tomatoes and red wine sauce ($42) and Black Angus tenderloin with black truffle and foie gras ($55); 305-674-8822, www.baoli-group.com.
- Morimoto South Beach opening October 1 and we have the menu!
- Miami's Best Pizza to close after 44 years in Coral Gables
- Vintro Kitchen emphasizes seafood in Miami Beach boutique hotel
- Follow your nose to Blue Willy's Barbecue in Pompano Beach
- Miami food to star on Bravo's 'Best New Restaurant'
- The Miami Spice List: 10 Best Off-the-Beaten-Path Restaurants
- What's the Best? 5 Miami Coffee Shops
- Truffles and caviar on menu at Haven craft beer dinner in Miami Beach
- Brew in Miami: Buckets of craft beer at Pubbelly in Miami Beach
- Two stars for Tap 79's affordable and comforting pub fare