New & noteworthy: Peacock Garden Cafe, Vita by Baoli
4/13/2011From the team behind Jaguar and Talavera, the Peacock Garden Cafe, 2889 McFarlane Rd., Coconut Grove, is open daily for lunch (or weekend brunch) and dinner. The small, locally focused menu includes such entrees ($18-$30) as fresh fish casserole with fennel, herbs, white wine and tomato and, harkening back to the Grove’s founding, Munroe’s bone-in beef short rib with caramelized vegetables and fingerling potatoes; 305-774-3332, www.peacockspot.com.Open for dinner nightly, Vita by Bâoli, 1906 Collins Ave., Miami Beach, features a menu by executive chef Marc Debas (Acqualina Resort) with such entrees as branzino with lemon, sautéed vegetables and sauce vierge ($34), grilled rack of lamb with portobello mushrooms, Provençal tomatoes and red wine sauce ($42) and Black Angus tenderloin with black truffle and foie gras ($55); 305-674-8822, www.baoli-group.com.
- Chefs named at new Miami restaurants Centro Taco, Laffa Mediterranean and Zest
- DB Bistro Moderne Miami goes casual for the summer
- Get your frites on: Bistro Cassis opens in midtown Miami
- The List: Miami's best food with Sushi Maki's Abe Ng
- Bold & cold: Tio Gazpacho bottles the good stuff
- In Miami Beach, Klima's exquisite food is a study in simplicity
- Miami's best burgers are getting fired up at Burger Brawl
- Brew in Miami: Mother Earth Cali Creamin'
- Take a swim with Soho Bay's fresh fish dishes
- The List: Miami's best foods with Cantina La Veinte's Santiago Gómez