New & noteworthy: Peacock Garden Cafe, Vita by Baoli
4/13/2011From the team behind Jaguar and Talavera, the Peacock Garden Cafe, 2889 McFarlane Rd., Coconut Grove, is open daily for lunch (or weekend brunch) and dinner. The small, locally focused menu includes such entrees ($18-$30) as fresh fish casserole with fennel, herbs, white wine and tomato and, harkening back to the Grove’s founding, Munroe’s bone-in beef short rib with caramelized vegetables and fingerling potatoes; 305-774-3332, www.peacockspot.com.Open for dinner nightly, Vita by Bâoli, 1906 Collins Ave., Miami Beach, features a menu by executive chef Marc Debas (Acqualina Resort) with such entrees as branzino with lemon, sautéed vegetables and sauce vierge ($34), grilled rack of lamb with portobello mushrooms, Provençal tomatoes and red wine sauce ($42) and Black Angus tenderloin with black truffle and foie gras ($55); 305-674-8822, www.baoli-group.com.
- Where to eat in Miami's Historic MiMo District on Biscayne Boulevard
- Why this iconic South Beach Italian spot changed locations
- President Hello Kitty? She's got cookies to convince you
- South Beach Seafood Festival 2016 highlights top seafood chefs, restaurants
- Get yours: stone crab season starts Saturday
- Is this the best black-owned food truck in South Florida?
- South Florida just got another serious steakhouse
- Food just got a lot better at Heat's American Airlines Arena
- Phuc Yea pops up for good
- Luke's Diner will be a real place Wednesday. Here's where to get free coffee: