New & noteworthy: Peacock Garden Cafe, Vita by Baoli
4/13/2011From the team behind Jaguar and Talavera, the Peacock Garden Cafe, 2889 McFarlane Rd., Coconut Grove, is open daily for lunch (or weekend brunch) and dinner. The small, locally focused menu includes such entrees ($18-$30) as fresh fish casserole with fennel, herbs, white wine and tomato and, harkening back to the Grove’s founding, Munroe’s bone-in beef short rib with caramelized vegetables and fingerling potatoes; 305-774-3332, www.peacockspot.com.Open for dinner nightly, Vita by Bâoli, 1906 Collins Ave., Miami Beach, features a menu by executive chef Marc Debas (Acqualina Resort) with such entrees as branzino with lemon, sautéed vegetables and sauce vierge ($34), grilled rack of lamb with portobello mushrooms, Provençal tomatoes and red wine sauce ($42) and Black Angus tenderloin with black truffle and foie gras ($55); 305-674-8822, www.baoli-group.com.
- Outrageous desserts and American classics at Sugar Factory
- Craft Beer of the Week: Keybilly Island Ale
- Burrito San rolls oversize sushi in downtown Miami
- Pubbelly's L'echon Brasserie closes in Miami Beach
- Five restaurants put Miami's fried chicken on the map
- Red Ginger rolls sushi and izakaya small plates in SoFi
- The List: Best food in Miami with Palme d'Or's Gregory Pugin
- Eat the best of the wurst at Bavaria Haus in Bayside Marketplace
- Is Thomas Keller opening a restaurant in Miami?
- Azul names Benjamin Murray chef de cuisine