New & noteworthy: Peacock Garden Cafe, Vita by Baoli
4/13/2011From the team behind Jaguar and Talavera, the Peacock Garden Cafe, 2889 McFarlane Rd., Coconut Grove, is open daily for lunch (or weekend brunch) and dinner. The small, locally focused menu includes such entrees ($18-$30) as fresh fish casserole with fennel, herbs, white wine and tomato and, harkening back to the Grove’s founding, Munroe’s bone-in beef short rib with caramelized vegetables and fingerling potatoes; 305-774-3332, www.peacockspot.com.Open for dinner nightly, Vita by Bâoli, 1906 Collins Ave., Miami Beach, features a menu by executive chef Marc Debas (Acqualina Resort) with such entrees as branzino with lemon, sautéed vegetables and sauce vierge ($34), grilled rack of lamb with portobello mushrooms, Provençal tomatoes and red wine sauce ($42) and Black Angus tenderloin with black truffle and foie gras ($55); 305-674-8822, www.baoli-group.com.
- Big shucking scallops at Oceanaire in Miami this weekend
- Treat yourself to Sushi Samba & a movie July 22
- Mignonette oyster bar in Miami's Edgwater slated for Aug. 1 opening and we have the menu!
- Big Pink gets bigger: Miami Beach-themed burgers added to menu
- Cantina la Veinte debuts at Icon Brickell July 28
- North Miami's Great Harvest meets customers' kneads
- The List: Eating around Miami with Macchialina's Michael Pirolo
- Brew in Miami: J Wakefield Brewing gets ready to open in Wynwood
- 3 stars for Taperia Raca's fresh take on classic tapas in Miami
- New restaurants move in to Miami: Il Mulino, Bistro BE, Mignonette