N*E*R*D listening party
Listen to N*E*R*D's new album, 'Nothing,' a month before it comes out
Excited to hear Nothing, the fourth album from Virgina Beach rock-hip-hop-electro-whatever band N*E*R*D, but don't want to wait till it's released on November 2?
You're in luck: You'll be able to check out the album at The Florida Room at the Delano hotel in Miami Beach on Thursday, October 7 courtesy of good music promoters Giant Step and Svedka Vodka.
Oh yeah, it's free -- as long as you RSVP.
Consisting of superproducer duo The Neptunes (sometime Miami resident Pharrell Williams and Chad Hugo) and high school buddy Shay Haley, the trio has nixed any semblance of genre classification with their three albums In Search Of... , Fly Or Die and Seeing Sounds.
No strangers to Miami, the group has performed in South Florida several times in recent years, including opening for Kanye West's Glow In The Dark Tour in 2008, and smaller shows in Wynwood and the Design District in 2009.
Nothing was preceded by lead single "Hot-N-Fun" with Nelly Furtado, a club-friendly funk-rocker with a delicious bassline. N*E*R*D recently debuted a new track, "Hypnotize U," on The Late Show With David Letterman. The song is a throwback '80s synthpop jam produced by legendary French house duo Daft Punk.
Doors for the N*E*R*D listening party open at 10 p.m. Make sure to RSVP at GiantStep.net/nerd
N*E*R*D Listening Party
October 7, 2010
The Florida Room at Delano
1685 Collins Ave.
Miami Beach, FL
Tickets: Free, but must RSVP at GiantStep.net/nerd
Music in Miami
- 11 South Florida musical acts you should know
- Top 10 pop music concerts in South Florida
- Nu Deco Ensemble, Miami's 21st Century Orchestra, announces second season and it is massive
- Miami Latin funk band Suenalo to play free concert at Ball & Chain
- Miami Soul weekend guide: DanceAfrica Miami Reception, Juneteenth Miami Music Festival, Colors of the Caribbean
- Best of the Best returns for the tenth year with dancehall and reggae stars
- 2016 Summer Music Concert Guide for South Florida
- 7 reasons to see Andy Grammer at the Fontainebleau this Saturday
- Up-and-coming country star Kelsea Ballerini ready to take Tortuga Music Festival by storm this week
- Concert Review: Pearl Jam Packs a Punch at American Airlines Arena