N*E*R*D listening party
Listen to N*E*R*D's new album, 'Nothing,' a month before it comes out
Excited to hear Nothing, the fourth album from Virgina Beach rock-hip-hop-electro-whatever band N*E*R*D, but don't want to wait till it's released on November 2?
You're in luck: You'll be able to check out the album at The Florida Room at the Delano hotel in Miami Beach on Thursday, October 7 courtesy of good music promoters Giant Step and Svedka Vodka.
Oh yeah, it's free -- as long as you RSVP.
Consisting of superproducer duo The Neptunes (sometime Miami resident Pharrell Williams and Chad Hugo) and high school buddy Shay Haley, the trio has nixed any semblance of genre classification with their three albums In Search Of... , Fly Or Die and Seeing Sounds.
No strangers to Miami, the group has performed in South Florida several times in recent years, including opening for Kanye West's Glow In The Dark Tour in 2008, and smaller shows in Wynwood and the Design District in 2009.
Nothing was preceded by lead single "Hot-N-Fun" with Nelly Furtado, a club-friendly funk-rocker with a delicious bassline. N*E*R*D recently debuted a new track, "Hypnotize U," on The Late Show With David Letterman. The song is a throwback '80s synthpop jam produced by legendary French house duo Daft Punk.
Doors for the N*E*R*D listening party open at 10 p.m. Make sure to RSVP at GiantStep.net/nerd
N*E*R*D Listening Party
October 7, 2010
The Florida Room at Delano
1685 Collins Ave.
Miami Beach, FL
Tickets: Free, but must RSVP at GiantStep.net/nerd
Music in Miami
- After Haitian konpa band CaRiMi broke up, Richard Cave started fresh in South Florida
- Flaming Lips' Wayne Coyne on their wild shows: 'Something like a Walt Disney cartoon meets Led Zeppelin'
- The Flaming Lips in Miami for House of Creatives Music Festival at the North Beach Bandshell
- Boy George performs in Miami weeks before his debut on 'The New Celebrity Apprentice'
- SunGhosts to perform at VetFest 2016, a concert dedicated to veterans
- Red Hot Chili Peppers coming to Miami
- R.E.M. bassist Mike Mills blurs the boundaries between rock and classical music
- Cee-Lo Green headlines the Adrienne Arsht Center's 10th Anniversary Concert
- 11 South Florida musical acts you should know
- Top 10 pop music concerts in South Florida