N*E*R*D listening party
Listen to N*E*R*D's new album, 'Nothing,' a month before it comes out
N*E*R*D Listening Party
October 7, 2010
The Florida Room at Delano
1685 Collins Ave.
Miami Beach, FL
Tickets: Free, but must RSVP at GiantStep.net/nerd
Excited to hear Nothing, the fourth album from Virgina Beach rock-hip-hop-electro-whatever band N*E*R*D, but don't want to wait till it's released on November 2?
You're in luck: You'll be able to check out the album at The Florida Room at the Delano hotel in Miami Beach on Thursday, October 7 courtesy of good music promoters Giant Step and Svedka Vodka.
Oh yeah, it's free -- as long as you RSVP.
Consisting of superproducer duo The Neptunes (sometime Miami resident Pharrell Williams and Chad Hugo) and high school buddy Shay Haley, the trio has nixed any semblance of genre classification with their three albums In Search Of... , Fly Or Die and Seeing Sounds.
No strangers to Miami, the group has performed in South Florida several times in recent years, including opening for Kanye West's Glow In The Dark Tour in 2008, and smaller shows in Wynwood and the Design District in 2009.
Nothing was preceded by lead single "Hot-N-Fun" with Nelly Furtado, a club-friendly funk-rocker with a delicious bassline. N*E*R*D recently debuted a new track, "Hypnotize U," on The Late Show With David Letterman. The song is a throwback '80s synthpop jam produced by legendary French house duo Daft Punk.
Doors for the N*E*R*D listening party open at 10 p.m. Make sure to RSVP at GiantStep.net/nerd
Music in Miami
- Mayer Hawthorne headlines free concert in Miami for Mercedes-Benz Evolution Tour tonight
- Afro Roots World Music Festival boasts a bounty of genres
- Revew: Ray Lamontagne pours his blues-filled soul over Miami Beach
- J-Lo, Neon Trees and sexy summer bodies ruled Saturday night's iHeartRadio Ultimate Pool Party
- Review: Beyonce and Jay Z concert is an expert exercise in fabulosity and pop myth-making.
- Review: Romeo Santos seduces Miami at AmericanAirlines Arena concert
- Review: Morrissey shows his talents remain in fine form at sold-out concert at Arsht Center
- Neon Trees performs in South Florida
- Review: Lady Antebellum swoons crowd at Seminole Hard Rock concert
- Indie-rockers The Head and The Heart in Miami