Neon Trees plays exclusive free show at Ricochet Bar in Midtown
Popular band plays intimate venue Thursday night before Friday show at Revolution in Fort Lauderdale
To all you die-hard fans of Neon Trees who are excited about Friday's show at Revolution in Fort Lauderdale: Prepare to become even more psyched. The super-hot post-punk band from Utah is performing an exclusive, intimate show Thursday night at Ricochet Bar & Lounge in Midtown Miami for about 200 of their closest South Florida friends.
Wanna be one of them? Here's the deal: You can't buy tickets for this concert - you have to win them, by visiting Ricochet on Facebook (a couple dozen tickets are still available), become a fan by clicking “like,” and then get creative in explaining why you are uniquely deserving of a coveted spot at this one-of-a-kind performance and your wishes just might be granted.
Doors open at 8 p.m.; showtime is at 9 p.m.. The band will take the stage for about 45 minutes, performing hits such as "Animal," "1983" and "Your Surrender," plus "Everybody Talks" and other tracks from their new album "Picture Show." You also might hear some inspired covers, such as Fleetwood Mac's "Dreams," Justin Bieber's "Baby" or even a golden nugget by Hall & Oates.
So, to borrow a line from Neon Trees' song "Animal" - what are you waiting for?
Music in Miami
- Gloria Estefan headlines Miami Beach Centennial Concert on Thursday night
- Jazz In The Gardens: RUN-DMC storms the stage Sunday
- Jazz In The Gardens: Erykah Badu performs Sunday night
- Piano Guys bring pop-classical medleys to the Arsht Center
- Erykah Badu, Run DMC and Sheila E. highlight Jazz in the Gardens 10th anniversary line-up
- Roberto Rodriguez Quartet performs at the Olympia Theater's jazz series
- Virginia Key GrassRoots Festival Announces Lineup
- Jazz legends to light up New World Center
- Jacob Jeffries performs Wednesday at CANVAS in downtown Miami
- Fleetwood Mac’s reunion with Christine McVie akin to ‘performance art,’ band’s founder says