Neon Trees plays exclusive free show at Ricochet Bar in Midtown
Popular band plays intimate venue Thursday night before Friday show at Revolution in Fort Lauderdale
To all you die-hard fans of Neon Trees who are excited about Friday's show at Revolution in Fort Lauderdale: Prepare to become even more psyched. The super-hot post-punk band from Utah is performing an exclusive, intimate show Thursday night at Ricochet Bar & Lounge in Midtown Miami for about 200 of their closest South Florida friends.
Wanna be one of them? Here's the deal: You can't buy tickets for this concert - you have to win them, by visiting Ricochet on Facebook (a couple dozen tickets are still available), become a fan by clicking “like,” and then get creative in explaining why you are uniquely deserving of a coveted spot at this one-of-a-kind performance and your wishes just might be granted.
Doors open at 8 p.m.; showtime is at 9 p.m.. The band will take the stage for about 45 minutes, performing hits such as "Animal," "1983" and "Your Surrender," plus "Everybody Talks" and other tracks from their new album "Picture Show." You also might hear some inspired covers, such as Fleetwood Mac's "Dreams," Justin Bieber's "Baby" or even a golden nugget by Hall & Oates.
So, to borrow a line from Neon Trees' song "Animal" - what are you waiting for?
Music in Miami
- Tortuga Music Festival rocks the ocean this weekend
- Aaron Lebos reaches a ‘Turning Point’
- Boney James brings sax appeal to Jazz in the Gardens
- Kelly Rowland spreads her wings
- Anthony Hamilton brings smooth sounds to Jazz in the Gardens 2014
- Max Raabe and the Palast Orchester bring vintage sounds to the Arsht Center
- Travie McCoy performs at the WGC Cadillac Championship this Saturday
- Virginia Key Grassroots Festival offers four days of music, camping, fun
- Charlie Wilson performs in Miami this Saturday
- Julio Iglesias, Latin lion in winter, sings Saturday at AmericanAirlines Arena