Neon Trees to light up Miami Beach
The pop-punk synth group is doing a concert at the W South Beach for the hotel's one year anniversary.
Neon Trees has come a long way from Provo, Utah.
The synth-pop band started getting noticed two years ago when they toured with The Killers; their song Animal hit the big time when Jimmy Kimmel and Jay Leno invited the foursome -- Tyler Glenn (frontman, keyboardist), Chris Allen (lead guitarist), Branden Campbell (bass) and Elaine Bradley (drums) -- to play it on their late night shows. The catchy hit struck a chord with the young and hip set when it was featured on CW’s Melrose Place.
The former high school band will do a set Sunday in the Symmetry Live concert as part of the W South Beach Hotel’s one-year and swim-week celebrations. Glenn -- he's the one with the mohawky punk cut -- gave us a few minutes:
So what is your news?
We are touring on our Bang the Gong tour with Paper Tongues and Civil Twilight, then Lollapalooza and another tour after that. Our album [Habits] is out for all to hear, and we want to annihilate everything!
Who's on your iPod right now?
Too much, but what I'm listening to most right now is the new Robyn record. Also the new DJ Kaskade record, the new National record and Power, Corruption and Lies by New Order.
Where do you hang out when you're in Miami?
We love Jerry's Deli in South Beach; The Claridge -- a rad boutique hotel with this Spanish Villa vibe; Simons shoe store in Miami Gardens; and of course the beaches with their unbelievably clear water and white sand.
On Our Radar
- Luis Miguel takes a bath in real estate deal
- Michael Buble's Instagram post criticized
- Estefans’ star search is over for ‘On Your Feet’
- Artist Romero Britto sues Apple
- Dave Chappelle parties, Bow Wow holds court
- Mario Lopez serves as grand marshal at Miami Beach Gay Pride parade
- Here's your chance to audition for 'La Banda"
- Scott Eastwood talks 'The Longest Ride' from ranch in Davie
- Shaggy talks new single, Brian Williams and state of reggae
- Justin Bieber joins Ariana Grande on stage