Neon Trees to light up Miami Beach
The pop-punk synth group is doing a concert at the W South Beach for the hotel's one year anniversary.
Neon Trees has come a long way from Provo, Utah.
The synth-pop band started getting noticed two years ago when they toured with The Killers; their song Animal hit the big time when Jimmy Kimmel and Jay Leno invited the foursome -- Tyler Glenn (frontman, keyboardist), Chris Allen (lead guitarist), Branden Campbell (bass) and Elaine Bradley (drums) -- to play it on their late night shows. The catchy hit struck a chord with the young and hip set when it was featured on CW’s Melrose Place.
The former high school band will do a set Sunday in the Symmetry Live concert as part of the W South Beach Hotel’s one-year and swim-week celebrations. Glenn -- he's the one with the mohawky punk cut -- gave us a few minutes:
So what is your news?
We are touring on our Bang the Gong tour with Paper Tongues and Civil Twilight, then Lollapalooza and another tour after that. Our album [Habits] is out for all to hear, and we want to annihilate everything!
Who's on your iPod right now?
Too much, but what I'm listening to most right now is the new Robyn record. Also the new DJ Kaskade record, the new National record and Power, Corruption and Lies by New Order.
Where do you hang out when you're in Miami?
We love Jerry's Deli in South Beach; The Claridge -- a rad boutique hotel with this Spanish Villa vibe; Simons shoe store in Miami Gardens; and of course the beaches with their unbelievably clear water and white sand.
On Our Radar
- Armand Assante remembers 'Mambo Kings' premiere
- Zika cases found in Miami Beach, pregnant women warned to stay away by CDC
- Kanye West's Life of Pablo pop up shop in Miami
- Miami hurdler Brianna Rollins rules!
- Disney princess Aimee Carrero a Miami girl
- Are Anna Kournikova and Enrique Iglesias married?
- 6 things to do so you don't get Zika
- Refrain From Ever Becoming A Plastic Surgery Nightmare with Dr. Nassif's Beauty Tips
- Cristiano Ronaldo spied out in Miami
- Ex Housewife Ana Quincoces fails to win Next Food Network Star