Navigating the TransAtlantic Music Festival
By Rayme Samuels
Promoters look forward to welcoming a diverse and plentiful crowd to each concert during the Heineken TransAtlantic Music Festival. Most shows will run from 7 - 7:30 p.m. to 11 p.m., so arrive early to get a good spot close to the stage.
A festival pass is available for $60 and can be purchased on the Rhythm Foundation website for one admission to each show. Sales of the festival pass will end on April 17th.
You can also purchase individual advance tickets around town at the following retailers: Sweat Records (5501 NE 2nd Avenue, Miami), Books & Books Coral Gables (265 Aragon Avenue, Coral Gables), BASE (939 Lincoln Road, Miami Beach).
Individual tickets to shows at the North Beach Bandshell are $20 in advance or $25 at the door. However, the Launch Party featuring Zizek Urban Beats at News Lounge, the curated listening event with Globesonic DJ Fabian Alsutany at New Lounge, and the after-show parties at Boteco are all free and open to the public. Outside food and drinks will not be allowed in any venue.
Children under the age of 12 years old can enter shows at the North Beach Bandshell for free.
TRANSPORTATION AND LODGING
The bulk of the shows will take place at the North Beach Bandshell (7275 Collins Avenue), so staying at any hotel on Miami Beach will put you close to the action. Prices vary according to your tastes and needs.
Local buses and taxis are plentiful and can transport you to each venue. For those who choose to drive, street parking is available at the North Beach Bandshell and in North Miami at the News Lounge and Boteco.
As all major concerts will take place on the beach, casual attire is permitted. Feel free to get as creative as you want with your outfit and take into account the cool evening breezes coming off of the ocean. For those attending events at the News Lounge or the after-show parties at Boteco, that attire there is also casual.
Visit the links above to see Miami.com’s best bets around town for each day of the festival. For more information call the festival info line at 305-672-5202 or visit The Rhythm Foundation website at www.rhythmfoundation.com.
- 13 events in Miami this weekend that you should not miss - May 6-8
- 13 events you can't miss in Miami this weekend - April 29-May 1
- 12 Spots in South Florida to get your Cinco de Mayo on
- 9 events not to miss in Miami this weekend - April 22-24
- Discounted drinks & designer duds, Yandel & Gadiel for free, missing matzo, and an ode to Drake
- 13 events you can't miss in Miami this weekend - April 15-17
- New Pubbelly venture: PB Station in downtown
- 12 events not to miss in Miami this weekend - April 8-10
- Piano playing in Wynwood, Macy's parading at Icon, pop culture on the Gale rooftop & Led Zep yoga @ Anatomy at 1220
- 12 Best Events in Miami this Weekend - April 1-3