National Yoga Month
September is National Yoga Month and studios all over Miami want to bend you back to health.
September is National Yoga Month and studios all over Miami are offering deals, specials and classes to align your chakras, stretch your body and get you in your happy place.
Celebrate the end of National Yoga Month with a class led by Christy Nones. $10 suggested donation, proceeds to benefit 305 Spiritual Gangsters.
September 28, 6 p.m.-8p.m. The Standard, 41 Island Ave., Miami Beach; rsvp to Miamiyoga@standardhotel.com.
Green Monkey Mat Crawl
Starting on September 1 Green Monkey is challenging all yoga lovers to participate in a “mat crawl.” For every five classes you take with participating instructors, you win a prize. The grand prize is a free year-long membership to Green Monkey for students that make it up to thirty. Call for schedules or visit www.greenmonkey.net.
Green Monkey’s Tree House locations 5792 Sunset Drive. South Miami; 305-669-4949 or 1827 Purdy Avenue Miami Beach; 305-397-8566.
Ayama Yoga Center
Ayama Yoga celebrates National Yoga Month by offering free classes. New students can drop in for any morning, evening or weekend class free. New students can get 30% percent off all packages (including 10, 20 and unlimited weekly or monthly classes). For a schedule of classes, click here.
Ayama Yoga Center, 2624 N.E. 188th St., North Miami Beach; 305-932-7755
Equinox South Beach
Members of Equinox South Beach can bring one guest to participate in the Vinyasa Global Mala with instructor Narween Otto.
Celebrate the Autumnal Equinox and discover how to translate a feeling of community, seva (service) and unity into everyday life. Complimentary healthy refreshments will be provided and there will also be a live DJ in the club that evening.
Thursday, September 23, 6:45 p.m.-8 p.m. Equinox South Beach, 520 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 305-673-1172
Dharma Studio offers two innovative classes to get your chakras flowing:
- Forrest Yoga® 101 w/ Liza Pitsirilos
Created by Ana Forrest, this system involves deep abdominal work, intensely focused breathing and challenging asana sequences.
Saturday September 11th, 2.30-5p, $35 in advance $40 at the door.
- FUN-damentals of AcroYoga w/Arianne Traverso
Surrender to gravity and to the support of a partner, identify and release unnecessary holding patterns, cultivate trust, strength & flexibility.
Saturday, September 25th, 2:30 p.m.-5 p.m. $25 in advance, $30 at the door
Dharma Studio, 3170 Commodore Plaza, Coconut Grove; 305-461-1777 or dharmastudio.com and ariyoga.com
For the entire month in September, the Yogilates Mat Class on Fridays at 10 a.m. is free if you bring a friend. Guests must register on line at www.sobepilates or by calling 305-763-8868. The class combines Yoga and Pilates focusing on strengthening the core (abdominals, back and hips) as well as stretching the muscles and aligning the spine.
Fridays at 10 a.m. Sobe Pilates, 950 Arthur Godfrey Road, Miami Beach; 305-763-8868 or www.sobepilates.com.
See and Do
- Discover Miami's Historic MiMo District on Biscayne Boulevard
- Little Haiti's galleries, shops and bars
- Discover Miami's Little Haiti neighbhorhood
- He was told as a boy he'd have to go to a deaf school—but he grew up to help make the music to Hamilton
- Las Olas Art Fair takes over the streets of Fort Lauderdale this weekend
- Coral Gables Hispanic Cultural Festival takes over the streets of City Beautiful
- 5 reasons you should check out the Mammography Art Initiative in Wynwood this weekend
- 7 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Oct. 21-23
- Miami's cultural itinerary courtesy of Prism Creative Group - Oct. 16-31
- Find your happy place at the Modern Life Mindfulness Festival