National Hotel appoints Gastón Sánchez as new executive chef
Chef Gastón Sánchez will oversee all of the National’s culinary operations
National Hotel Miami Beach
1677 Collins Ave, Miami Beach
The National Hotel gets a fresh taste this month as the Miami Beach hotel appoints Gastón Sánchez as its new executive chef.
Sánchez is part of the hotel's $12 million renovation and will oversee all culinary operations, including Tamara Bistro, poolside Aqua Bar & Grill, the Blues Bar lounge, in-room dining and catering.
A former private chef to Gloria Estefan and Sean Combs, Sánchez was born & raised in Miami to Cuban parents, trained at Johnson & WAles and trained in Peru, Spain, Puerto Rico and North Carolina.
New menu items include steak frite, camarones wild and French ratatouille.
- Tom Colicchio's top chef in Miami has South Florida roots
- The List: BC Tacos' Brett Chiavari
- The List: Valentino's Giovanni Rocchio
- Lime closes in South Beach, BTW opening in its place
- Shikany restaurant in Miami closed until further notice
- Veuve Clicquot celebrates Carnaval at the Thompson Miami Beach
- The List: The Federal's Ani Meinhold and Cesar Zapata
- My Ceviche owners to open Laffa Mediterranean Kitchen in Miami
- Slow Food's Ark of Taste at Paraiso Bay
- The List: Oceanaire's Kareem Anguin