National Hotel appoints Gastón Sánchez as new executive chef
Chef Gastón Sánchez will oversee all of the National’s culinary operations
National Hotel Miami Beach
1677 Collins Ave, Miami Beach
The National Hotel gets a fresh taste this month as the Miami Beach hotel appoints Gastón Sánchez as its new executive chef.
Sánchez is part of the hotel's $12 million renovation and will oversee all culinary operations, including Tamara Bistro, poolside Aqua Bar & Grill, the Blues Bar lounge, in-room dining and catering.
A former private chef to Gloria Estefan and Sean Combs, Sánchez was born & raised in Miami to Cuban parents, trained at Johnson & WAles and trained in Peru, Spain, Puerto Rico and North Carolina.
New menu items include steak frite, camarones wild and French ratatouille.
- Doubling down: Chefs Jeff McInnis and Janine Booth to open second Miami Beach restaurant
- The List: 10 best Miami restaurants with Sugar Factory's chef
- Miami food events: Pubbelly gets fishy, Vagabond chef Alex Chang cooks at Fooq's
- 9 new Asian restaurants in Miami and Miami Beach
- 5 restaurant openings to know about in Miami and Fort Lauderdale
- Miami's 10 best restaurants with chef Jimmy Carey of Jimmy'z Kitchen
- 51 restaurants serving Thanksgiving in Miami and Fort Lauderdale
- Taste of Design gala is Saturday at the Moore Building in Miami
- Miami's 10 best restaurants with chef Makoto Okuwa
- Giveaway: Win tickets to Savor the Season party in Brickell