National Hotel appoints Gastón Sánchez as new executive chef
Chef Gastón Sánchez will oversee all of the National’s culinary operations
National Hotel Miami Beach
1677 Collins Ave, Miami Beach
The National Hotel gets a fresh taste this month as the Miami Beach hotel appoints Gastón Sánchez as its new executive chef.
Sánchez is part of the hotel's $12 million renovation and will oversee all culinary operations, including Tamara Bistro, poolside Aqua Bar & Grill, the Blues Bar lounge, in-room dining and catering.
A former private chef to Gloria Estefan and Sean Combs, Sánchez was born & raised in Miami to Cuban parents, trained at Johnson & WAles and trained in Peru, Spain, Puerto Rico and North Carolina.
New menu items include steak frite, camarones wild and French ratatouille.
- Dale Talde's top 10 things to eat in Miami
- South Beach sushi pop-up Prey puts invasive species on the menu at 1 Hotel & Homes
- The List: 10 best Miami foods with Batch Gastropub's Kevin Danilo
- 2 new Coral Gables restaurants opening this week: Trust & Co. and Ichimi
- Worth the drive: Clay Conley opens Grato restaurant in West Palm Beach
- A Top Chef's 10 favorite foods in Miami
- Former Zuma chef, manager to open KYU restaurant in Wynwood
- Kris Wessel to open barbecue joint in Miami's Little Haiti
- Is it worth it? Quality Meats Miami Beach debuts $64 Chicken Parm Pizza
- The List: 10 best South Florida restaurants according to Rick Mijares