National Hotel appoints Gastón Sánchez as new executive chef
Chef Gastón Sánchez will oversee all of the National’s culinary operations
National Hotel Miami Beach
1677 Collins Ave, Miami Beach
The National Hotel gets a fresh taste this month as the Miami Beach hotel appoints Gastón Sánchez as its new executive chef.
Sánchez is part of the hotel's $12 million renovation and will oversee all culinary operations, including Tamara Bistro, poolside Aqua Bar & Grill, the Blues Bar lounge, in-room dining and catering.
A former private chef to Gloria Estefan and Sean Combs, Sánchez was born & raised in Miami to Cuban parents, trained at Johnson & WAles and trained in Peru, Spain, Puerto Rico and North Carolina.
New menu items include steak frite, camarones wild and French ratatouille.
- The List: Michael Mina's Miami restaurant picks
- Cvi.Che 105 set to open in South Beach
- 50 Eggs guest chef dinner features Macchialina's Michael Pirolo
- Michael Mina's Stripsteak opening next month in Fontainebleau Miami Beach
- Harry's Pizzeria to open in Coconut Grove
- Joe's Stone Crab, Prime 112 among top-grossing U.S. restaurants
- Chef Katsuya Uechi hosts pop-up dinner at the SLS South Beach
- South Florida's 5 strictest restaurants
- The List: Carla Pellegrino's Miami restaurant picks
- SooWoo brings Korean & teppanyaki to South Beach