National Hotel appoints Gastón Sánchez as new executive chef
Chef Gastón Sánchez will oversee all of the National’s culinary operations
National Hotel Miami Beach
1677 Collins Ave, Miami Beach
The National Hotel gets a fresh taste this month as the Miami Beach hotel appoints Gastón Sánchez as its new executive chef.
Sánchez is part of the hotel's $12 million renovation and will oversee all culinary operations, including Tamara Bistro, poolside Aqua Bar & Grill, the Blues Bar lounge, in-room dining and catering.
A former private chef to Gloria Estefan and Sean Combs, Sánchez was born & raised in Miami to Cuban parents, trained at Johnson & WAles and trained in Peru, Spain, Puerto Rico and North Carolina.
New menu items include steak frite, camarones wild and French ratatouille.
- The List: Miami's best foods with chef Bernie Matz
- Miami chef Cindy Hutson to be honored Oct. 10
- New TiramesU restaurant opening Oct. 6 in South Beach
- Chef Jeremiah's Pork Is Good festival returns to Wynwood in November
- Chefs leave top kitchen posts at Miami Beach restaurants Seagrape, Michael Mina 74
- The List: Miami's 10 best foods, according to Stripsteak's Derrick Roberts
- Change is on the menu at Michael Schwartz's The Cypress Room in Miami
- Spanish food market to pop up at Bayfront Park
- Miami Spice 2015: Best of the best Miami Spice restaurants
- Gianni's at the Villa to open in former Versace Mansion in South Beach