National Burger Month
May is National Burger Month - time to celebrate
May is National Hamburger Month (Who knew?), and offers are beginning to roll in:
- 5 Napkin Burger, an upscale New York-based chain set to open on Lincoln Road in June, is whetting South Florida appetites with a contest. Its Build the Miami Burger Challenge kicks off Wednesday at 5napkinburger.com/MiamiContest, offering a $1,000 prize. Contestants may submit concepts, recipes, sketches and/or videos for the quintessential Magic City burger through June 1.
- Stop Burgers kicks off a monthlong promotion on Sunday: Buy one original burger plus fries and a soda and get another original burger, a $6.95 value, free.
1793 Bell Tower Ln, Weston
- This man loves burgers so much he built a museum to them
- Their restaurants will be neighbors – so these top chefs cooked for each other
- Why ‘Top Chef’ brothers are opening their first restaurant together in Miami
- A Miami Book Fair event for 'Top Chef' fans, book lovers
- Forget cooking: Here's where to eat out for Thanksgiving
- Mignonette oyster dinner features Miami Book Fair author Rowan Jacobsen
- These food celebs, authors are coming to Miami this week
- Miami's favorite al fresco dining spots, according to Yelp
- Wiener (not the politician) gets spotlight at Wiener Bash
- Bands, drinks and Chipotle at Bayfront Park