National Burger Month
May is National Burger Month - time to celebrate
1793 Bell Tower Ln, Weston
May is National Hamburger Month (Who knew?), and offers are beginning to roll in:
- 5 Napkin Burger, an upscale New York-based chain set to open on Lincoln Road in June, is whetting South Florida appetites with a contest. Its Build the Miami Burger Challenge kicks off Wednesday at 5napkinburger.com/MiamiContest, offering a $1,000 prize. Contestants may submit concepts, recipes, sketches and/or videos for the quintessential Magic City burger through June 1.
- Stop Burgers kicks off a monthlong promotion on Sunday: Buy one original burger plus fries and a soda and get another original burger, a $6.95 value, free.
- Siena Tavern closes after six months in South Beach
- Swine Southern seeks new top chef as Jacob Anaya leaves Miami for California
- Saffron Supper Club lands at Bocce in midtown Miami
- The List: Miami's best foods with Cleo's Danny Elmaleh
- 9beach Fusion Kitchen & Lounge Bar set to open in South Beach
- Former Seaspice chef to oversee food at Fort Lauderdale hotel-condo
- The List: Miami's best eats with Piripi's Najat Kaanache
- Chefs named at new Miami restaurants Centro Taco, Laffa Mediterranean and Zest
- The List: Miami's best food with Sushi Maki's Abe Ng
- Miami's best burgers are getting fired up at Burger Brawl