National Art Festival
Get your paint on at the National Art Festival this weekend in Fort Lauderdale.
Southeast Corner of Las Olas Blvd. and Andrews Ave.
Fort Lauderdale, 33301
By Solange Reyner
Not interested in Pro Bowl activities or the sure-to-be-packed South Beach scene this weekend? Then head to the Museum of Arts in Fort Lauderdale for the National Art Festival this Saturday and Sunday, January 30 and 31st. The outdoors event features a select group of art work, live performances and music, food, wine, beer, and gourmet coffee.
There's also a Family Art Corner, which highlights the Museum's Studio School program. There, aspiring artists can sketch from the landscape or a live model. It all starts at 10 a.m. and goes until 5 p.m.
There's a suggested donation of $5 for entry - with all of the proceeds going towards the Scholarship Fund and awarded to students as class tuition.
See and Do
- Shrek, Legos, Cinco de Mayo & Mother’s Day Treats: Munchkin Fun's Top picks May 4-10
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - May 1-3
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - May 1-3
- Pee Wee’s Big Adventure, Parachutes & Doktor Kaboom: Munchkin Fun's Top picks Apr 27 - May 3
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - April 24-26
- ‘MythBusters’ duo gets Miami audience involved in science hijinks
- Little Havana Visitor Center opens on Calle Ocho
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 24-26
- Festivals of Speed brings luxury to Museum Park
- Island City delivers the laughs and the bite in ‘Little Dog Laughed’