National Art Festival
Get your paint on at the National Art Festival this weekend in Fort Lauderdale.
Southeast Corner of Las Olas Blvd. and Andrews Ave.
Fort Lauderdale, 33301
By Solange Reyner
Not interested in Pro Bowl activities or the sure-to-be-packed South Beach scene this weekend? Then head to the Museum of Arts in Fort Lauderdale for the National Art Festival this Saturday and Sunday, January 30 and 31st. The outdoors event features a select group of art work, live performances and music, food, wine, beer, and gourmet coffee.
There's also a Family Art Corner, which highlights the Museum's Studio School program. There, aspiring artists can sketch from the landscape or a live model. It all starts at 10 a.m. and goes until 5 p.m.
There's a suggested donation of $5 for entry - with all of the proceeds going towards the Scholarship Fund and awarded to students as class tuition.
See and Do
- Ayikodans offers a prayer in the form of dance for its sixth season at the Arsht Center
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Feb. 5-7
- Skateboards and jazz collide this weekend at YoungArts campus
- 14 Events You Can't Miss in Miami in March 2016
- Actors’ Playhouse Company turns out a dazzling version of the musical ‘West Side Story’
- Latest touring version of the Tony-winning musical 'Book of Mormon' is a delight
- ‘The Nether’ raises provocative questions about the dark side of the web
- Slow Burn Theatre Company’s ‘Violet’ is a musical about the scars we carry
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Jan. 29-31
- 6 reasons Miami's drive-in theater is better than Netflix and chill