National Art Festival
Get your paint on at the National Art Festival this weekend in Fort Lauderdale.
By Solange Reyner
Not interested in Pro Bowl activities or the sure-to-be-packed South Beach scene this weekend? Then head to the Museum of Arts in Fort Lauderdale for the National Art Festival this Saturday and Sunday, January 30 and 31st. The outdoors event features a select group of art work, live performances and music, food, wine, beer, and gourmet coffee.
There's also a Family Art Corner, which highlights the Museum's Studio School program. There, aspiring artists can sketch from the landscape or a live model. It all starts at 10 a.m. and goes until 5 p.m.
There's a suggested donation of $5 for entry - with all of the proceeds going towards the Scholarship Fund and awarded to students as class tuition.
Southeast Corner of Las Olas Blvd. and Andrews Ave.
Fort Lauderdale, 33301
See and Do
- Discover Miami's Little Haiti neighbhorhood
- He was told as a boy he'd have to go to a deaf school—but he grew up to help make the music to Hamilton
- Las Olas Art Fair takes over the streets of Fort Lauderdale this weekend
- Coral Gables Hispanic Cultural Festival takes over the streets of City Beautiful
- 5 reasons you should check out the Mammography Art Initiative in Wynwood this weekend
- 7 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Oct. 21-23
- Miami's cultural itinerary courtesy of Prism Creative Group - Oct. 16-31
- Find your happy place at the Modern Life Mindfulness Festival
- Grovetoberfest Celebrates Six Years of Craft Beer
- Can this Miami political roast Make America Laugh Again? Let's hope so