National Art Festival
Get your paint on at the National Art Festival this weekend in Fort Lauderdale.
Southeast Corner of Las Olas Blvd. and Andrews Ave.
Fort Lauderdale, 33301
By Solange Reyner
Not interested in Pro Bowl activities or the sure-to-be-packed South Beach scene this weekend? Then head to the Museum of Arts in Fort Lauderdale for the National Art Festival this Saturday and Sunday, January 30 and 31st. The outdoors event features a select group of art work, live performances and music, food, wine, beer, and gourmet coffee.
There's also a Family Art Corner, which highlights the Museum's Studio School program. There, aspiring artists can sketch from the landscape or a live model. It all starts at 10 a.m. and goes until 5 p.m.
There's a suggested donation of $5 for entry - with all of the proceeds going towards the Scholarship Fund and awarded to students as class tuition.
See and Do
- Disney on Ice giveaways, kids cooking & freebie fun: Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week
- PAMM hosts monthly Free Second Saturdays event
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Sept. 12-14
- Jungle Island plans giant transformation
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Sept. 5-7
- Free admission to Jungle Island for South Florida kids through September
- Coral Gables Museum hosts 'The Big One', a collection of Hurricane Andrew photos
- Copperbridge festival of Cuban culture in Miami offers engagement with island artists
- Stage Door explores the songs of the 1960s with ‘What’s New Pussycat?’
- Food to try at Miami Dolphins home games