Nathan Sawaya: The Art of the Brick closing this weekend
This weekend is your last chance to view the LEGO brick art of Nathan Sawaya, on display through Sunday at the Art & Culture Center of Hollywood.
This weekend is the last chance to see the incredible works of art created by attorney turned LEGO Master Model Builder, Nathan Sawaya at the Art and Culture Center of Hollywood (1650 Harrison St., Hollywood).
His early works include a 7-foot-long reproduction of the Brooklyn Bridge and a replica of photographer Joe Rosenthal’s famous Battle of Iwo Jima photograph (now on permanent display at the National Museum of the Marine Corps). He has since experimented with producing more emotional content using LEGO bricks and has become a master at creating the human form.
Visitors can see several of Sawaya’s LEGO masterpieces on display as well as works by local artists who submitted to the Florida BRICK Creation Challenge. An awards ceremony will take place on Sunday at 2 p.m. for winners of the Challenge.
Gallery hours are Monday-Saturday 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Sunday noon-5 p.m. Admission is $10 for adults; $6 for students, seniors and children ages 4 to 17; and free to Center members as well as children age 3 or younger.
See and Do
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Feb. 27-March 1
- South Beach Comedy Festival 2015 announces line-up
- Disney Live, Mommy’s Night Out, Food Trucks & Skating: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks Feb 23-29
- Things to Do in Miami this Weekend - Feb. 20-22
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Feb. 14-16
- President’s Day Weekend Guide 2015
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Feb. 13-15
- Valentine’s Day events in Miami for sweeties, singles and families
- Cupid's Carnival, Pirates, Festivals & Freebie Fun: Top Picks: Feb 9-15
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Feb. 6-8