Nas & Damian Marley
The rapper and reggae singer duo will perform on August 22 at Pompano Beach Amphitheatre.
It's still summer time, but by the end of August, rapper Nas and reggae singer Damian "Jr. Gong" Marley will have shared the stage in South Florida four times in 2010.
The duo will perform at Pompano Beach Amphitheatre on August 22 as part of their ongoing tour in support of their first group album, Distant Relatives. They previously performed at SunFest in West Palm Beach in May, Ultra Music Festival in Miami in March, and the Adrienne Arsht Center in February.
Nas and Damian's performance, much like their new album, is heavy on musicianship. The live band perfectly recreates the African influence of songs like "As We Enter" and "Dispear," as well as the more studio produced sounds of Nas' hits like "Hate Me Now" and "Nas Is Like."
Jamaican reggae and dancehall singer Gyptian, whose "Hold You" has dominated reggae charts as of late, will open the show.
Tickets for the show are available now at Live Nation, and will set you back $36 for general admission seats.
Nas and Damian Marley
Sunday, August 22
Pompano Beach Amphitheatre
1801 NE 6th Street
Pompano Beach, FL 33060
- As We Enter (Intro)
- Tribal War
- Nah Mean
- Nas Is Like
- Hip-Hop Is Dead
- Street Dreams
- If I Ruled The World
- Count Your Blessings
- Land of Promise
- The Mission
- No More Trouble (Bob Marley cover)
- Exodus (Bob Marley cover)
- Strong Will Continue
- Hate Me Now
- Got Yourself A Gun
- Made You Look
- Welcome to Jamrock
- Road to Zion
- Africa Must Wake Up
- As We Enter
- One Mic
- Could You Be Loved (Bob Marley cover)
Music in Miami
- Review: Beyoncé slays on Formation tour’s opening night in Miami
- 7 reasons to see Andy Grammer at the Fontainebleau this Saturday
- Up-and-coming country star Kelsea Ballerini ready to take Tortuga Music Festival by storm this week
- Concert Review: Pearl Jam Packs a Punch at American Airlines Arena
- Tortuga Music Festival announces lineup, ticket sales
- A 7-year-old reviews Bruce Springsteen’s ‘The River Tour’ concert
- Concert Review: Bruce Springsteen captivates with a performance that displays a depth of emotions
- 9 signs you’re addicted to Bruce Springsteen
- Aretha Franklin joins Usher, Janelle Monae at 2016 Jazz in the Gardens Music Festival
- 5 Things You Didn’t Know about Iggy Pop