Myron Mixon, chief cook of Jack’s Old South Competition Bar-B-Que Team, opening Wynwood restaurant
Pitmaster champ promises to bring "real BBQ" to Miami
Myron Mixon, chief cook of Jack’s Old South Competition Bar-B-Que Team, is bringing his championship BBQ to Miami in the form of an actual restaurant, Jacks Old South BBQ, opening in Wynwood sometime in September. Mixon, who bills himself as the Don Shula of BBQ, has won over 140 BBQ competitions. He also has cookbooks and his own line of Jack’s Old South products including sauces, rubs, grills and smokers, as well as a Bar-B-Que Cooking School out of his Georgia home.
- Jerry's Famous Deli on South Beach is now closed
- Now open: N by Naoe, Kevin Cory's new Brickell Key prix fixe lunch spot
- Ibiza club and Señor Frog's opening in South Beach?
- Umami Burger in Miami Beach closed; Blue Collar has new chef de cuisine; Phillip Bryant leaves Swine
- Khong River House experiments with new menu items
- Closed for "summer vacation": La Maison Miami
- CATCH is closed and allegedly moving to a new Miami location
- NYC-based the Chef Agency expands to Miami
- The Rumor Mill: Bal Harbour's La Goulue on way out, Stephen Starr in
- Slice of Brazil comes to life on urban farm in Fort Lauderdale