Myron Mixon, chief cook of Jack’s Old South Competition Bar-B-Que Team, opening Wynwood restaurant
Pitmaster champ promises to bring "real BBQ" to Miami
Myron Mixon, chief cook of Jack’s Old South Competition Bar-B-Que Team, is bringing his championship BBQ to Miami in the form of an actual restaurant, Jacks Old South BBQ, opening in Wynwood sometime in September. Mixon, who bills himself as the Don Shula of BBQ, has won over 140 BBQ competitions. He also has cookbooks and his own line of Jack’s Old South products including sauces, rubs, grills and smokers, as well as a Bar-B-Que Cooking School out of his Georgia home.
- Former Miami restaurant owner Joshua Woodward pleaded no contest Friday to attempted murder for trying to induce a miscarriage
- Jose Garces planning Miami restaurant
- Update: CANCELED Brooklyn's Pies 'n' Thighs pops up at the Mondrian
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz is out at the Raleigh Hotel on South Beach
- Raleigh on the sale rack and Restaurant Michael Schwartz out?
- Luther Campbell hosts dinner party at Mignonette on November 11
- Chef Jeremiah & Roel Alcudia team up on gastroDobo, a 1-night Filipino pop-up in Wynwood
- GK Bistronomie bringing 'globally inspired Peruvian' cuisine to Wynwood
- Habit Burger opens in Miami, donates first-week proceeds to charity
- 'Chopped' champ Mathias Gervais opening modern Asian restaurant at The Setai