Myron Mixon, chief cook of Jack’s Old South Competition Bar-B-Que Team, opening Wynwood restaurant
Pitmaster champ promises to bring "real BBQ" to Miami
Myron Mixon, chief cook of Jack’s Old South Competition Bar-B-Que Team, is bringing his championship BBQ to Miami in the form of an actual restaurant, Jacks Old South BBQ, opening in Wynwood sometime in September. Mixon, who bills himself as the Don Shula of BBQ, has won over 140 BBQ competitions. He also has cookbooks and his own line of Jack’s Old South products including sauces, rubs, grills and smokers, as well as a Bar-B-Que Cooking School out of his Georgia home.
- Now open: Coconut Grove's Spasso--"Simple, honest, brutal food"
- Food Network UK star Andy Bates brings "refined British pub food" to A&E District with 3-day pop up
- Blair Wilson, Mike Isabella, Jennifer Carroll, George Pagnois headline Surfcomber food fest
- The Bridge Cocktail Bar's December takeover of The Local Craft Food & Drink
- Kevin Cory transforms NAOE sibling into N Shabu Shabu
- Alinea in Residence comes to Miami: Chef Grant Achatz to pop up at Faena Miami Beach
- Former Miami restaurant owner Joshua Woodward pleaded no contest Friday to attempted murder for trying to induce a miscarriage
- Jose Garces planning Miami restaurant
- Update: CANCELED Brooklyn's Pies 'n' Thighs pops up at the Mondrian
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz is out at the Raleigh Hotel on South Beach