Myron Mixon, chief cook of Jack’s Old South Competition Bar-B-Que Team, opening Wynwood restaurant
Pitmaster champ promises to bring "real BBQ" to Miami
Myron Mixon, chief cook of Jack’s Old South Competition Bar-B-Que Team, is bringing his championship BBQ to Miami in the form of an actual restaurant, Jacks Old South BBQ, opening in Wynwood sometime in September. Mixon, who bills himself as the Don Shula of BBQ, has won over 140 BBQ competitions. He also has cookbooks and his own line of Jack’s Old South products including sauces, rubs, grills and smokers, as well as a Bar-B-Que Cooking School out of his Georgia home.
2808 North Miami Avenue
- These are the most popular Indian restaurants in Miami
- How to get gourmet clean eating in South Beach
- RIP Randazzo's Little Italy in Coral Gables
- Who has Miami's favorite acai bowls? Yelp! weighs in
- Tap 42 opening second Miami location in ex-Aperio space in Midtown
- Nibble + Squeak dining club for "parents with pipsqueaks" launches in Miami August 24 at Mignonette
- The Rumor Mill: Murmurs of more Miami restaurant, market closings and chef firings . . .
- 305 Brews beer and coffee bar opening in August in Midtown Miami
- Alex Chang leaves The Vagabond, which will re-debut with new chef, new name
- Food Network chef Ben Vaughn joins Swine Southern Table & Bar for 2-month takeover