Myron Mixon, chief cook of Jack’s Old South Competition Bar-B-Que Team, opening Wynwood restaurant
Pitmaster champ promises to bring "real BBQ" to Miami
Myron Mixon, chief cook of Jack’s Old South Competition Bar-B-Que Team, is bringing his championship BBQ to Miami in the form of an actual restaurant, Jacks Old South BBQ, opening in Wynwood sometime in September. Mixon, who bills himself as the Don Shula of BBQ, has won over 140 BBQ competitions. He also has cookbooks and his own line of Jack’s Old South products including sauces, rubs, grills and smokers, as well as a Bar-B-Que Cooking School out of his Georgia home.
- Chef Jeremiah opening in Aventura Mall & joining Grant Achatz's restaurant rez system Tock
- BREAKING: Hedy Goldsmith leaving The Genuine Hospitality Group, relocating to LA
- STK's 'more accessible' sibling STK Rebel opening in downtown Miami
- Crumb on Parchment alum Nicole Votano tapped as Fooq's executive chef
- Chef Art Smith is giving away #101GayWeddings at James Royal Palm during #SOBEWFF
- Lucky Strike bowling lanes on Miami Beach closes; Trader Joe's moving in?
- Armadillo Cafe to open in Boca Raton
- New taco shop to open Dec. 29 in Miami Beach
- STK Miami opening delayed after sprinkler accident causes extensive damage
- ROK: BGR hosts Fall Beer Festival this Wednesday