Musical Culture Clash at Miami Broward One Carnival
Four music collectives representing Miami's musical styles compete for Red Bull Music Academy event's top spot judged by the crowd
After much success in London and Los Angeles, Red Bull Music Academy Culture Clash will make its East Coast debut during Miami Broward Carnival on Sunday at Sun Life Stadium (347 Don Shula Dr., Miami Gardens).
Four music collectives will battle to be named winner by the crowd. The collectives will be Black Chiney DJ Collective, Beauty & The Beats with House Arrest, Soulfrito DJ Collective, and the Uncle Luke Allstars.
Hosted by Papa Keith and Vanessa James, the collectives represent genres in the Miami music scene: reggae, chutney, house, dubstep, soca and calypso, Latin, and Miami bass.
Each collective will bring in their own sound system and will set up shop on one of four individual stages. The format of the show will be broken into four rounds and the crowd will vote after each round, their applause and cheers measured by a decibel meter. The first round will be the “selection round,” where each collective will be voted upon based on their selection of music. The second will be the “entertainment round” where each collective will bring a special guest to their stage. The third “I can do what you do better” round will challenge each collective to stray from their norm and play a different sound system’s genre of music on their own. The fourth and final round is the “banger round” as each stage will pull out their biggest and baddest tunes to win over the crowd once and for all.
Gates open at 11 a.m. and the show starts at 3:30 p.m. Admission to Red Bull Music Academy Culture Clash is included in the Miami Broward Carnival ticket.
- Miami Soul Memorial Day weekend guide: PAMM Memorial Day BBQ, Palm Beach Jerk & Caribbean Culture Festival, and more
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Kinfolks SoulFood Music Festival and other events around South Florida
- Haitian Heritage Cultural Month Celebrations Around South Florida
- Miami Soul weekend guide: RonDayVu Day Party, Taste the Islands, Wireless Headphone Party Experience, and more
- Natural History Museum of Jamaica & Patricia and Phillip Frost Museum of Science Host VIP Reception
- Miami Soul weekend guide: American Friends of Jamaica Charity Gala, Miami Under 40, Flow Fridays & more
- Miami Soul giveaway: 25 Pairs of Passes to Experience INSIDIOUS: CHAPTER 3
- Miami Soul weekend music guide: Erica Campbell, Shirley Murdock, Sunshine Anderson, African Disco, and more
- Miami Soul: Perez Art Museum Miami Hosts Reception for the Fund for African-American Art
- The Mane Event: Indique Hair Miami Boutique Grand Opening