Museum owner tapped to speak at conference
Naomi Wilzig, owner of Miami Beach’s World Erotic Art Museum, has been tapped by the First Amendment Lawyers Association (FALA) to be featured speaker at its 3-day meeting, July 10-13 in Philadelphia. Normally limited to such “outside” speakers as judges and law professors, Wilzig has been cited as one of FALA’s “Heroes of the First Amendment,” those few who put themselves on the line to further the free expression values that Americans enjoy but with few taking concrete risks. Titled “Banned on the Beach,” Wilzig, whose WEAM is now in its 7th year, will recount the years of struggle with the establishment in high profile cities.
On Our Radar
- Rick Ross celebrates 10 years of 'Port of Miami'
- 5 reasons why everyone should watch Premios Tu Mundo
- Ricky Martin in Miami Beach with Maluma
- Armand Assante remembers 'Mambo Kings' premiere
- Zika cases found in Miami Beach, pregnant women warned to stay away by CDC
- Kanye West's Life of Pablo pop up shop in Miami
- Miami hurdler Brianna Rollins rules!
- Disney princess Aimee Carrero a Miami girl
- Are Anna Kournikova and Enrique Iglesias married?
- 6 things to do so you don't get Zika