Museum owner tapped to speak at conference
Naomi Wilzig, owner of Miami Beach’s World Erotic Art Museum, has been tapped by the First Amendment Lawyers Association (FALA) to be featured speaker at its 3-day meeting, July 10-13 in Philadelphia. Normally limited to such “outside” speakers as judges and law professors, Wilzig has been cited as one of FALA’s “Heroes of the First Amendment,” those few who put themselves on the line to further the free expression values that Americans enjoy but with few taking concrete risks. Titled “Banned on the Beach,” Wilzig, whose WEAM is now in its 7th year, will recount the years of struggle with the establishment in high profile cities.
On Our Radar
- Florida has better taste in Halloween candy than most other states, says survey
- Phil Collins: 'I don’t like Miami particularly'
- DJ Irie gets put in the hot seat this Saturday at his own celebrity roast
- King Tide floods the streets of South Florida
- Jose Fernandez may get his own Miami street
- Orange is the New Black star gets her drink on
- Where to get hurricane updates without a TV
- Leonardo DiCaprio, Mark Ruffalo at “Before the Flood” screening
- What's closed in Miami because of Hurricane Matthew
- La La Anthony in Miami trying out cocktails