Museum owner tapped to speak at conference
Naomi Wilzig, owner of Miami Beach’s World Erotic Art Museum, has been tapped by the First Amendment Lawyers Association (FALA) to be featured speaker at its 3-day meeting, July 10-13 in Philadelphia. Normally limited to such “outside” speakers as judges and law professors, Wilzig has been cited as one of FALA’s “Heroes of the First Amendment,” those few who put themselves on the line to further the free expression values that Americans enjoy but with few taking concrete risks. Titled “Banned on the Beach,” Wilzig, whose WEAM is now in its 7th year, will recount the years of struggle with the establishment in high profile cities.
On Our Radar
- Ivanka Trump, on fashion, work, motherhood, Miami
- Giant un-retouched selfie at The Mondrian
- Madonna is kicking off her 35-city tour in Miami
- Hank Azaria playing emcee at local gala on Sunday night
- Talking to Ana Maria in Novela Land star
- Chazz Palminteri tells his 'Bronx Tale'
- Athletes seen partying in Miami
- Is Miami Heat star Chris Bosh OK?
- Latin stars come together for Premios Lo Nuestro
- William Levy front and center at rum event