Museum owner tapped to speak at conference
Naomi Wilzig, owner of Miami Beach’s World Erotic Art Museum, has been tapped by the First Amendment Lawyers Association (FALA) to be featured speaker at its 3-day meeting, July 10-13 in Philadelphia. Normally limited to such “outside” speakers as judges and law professors, Wilzig has been cited as one of FALA’s “Heroes of the First Amendment,” those few who put themselves on the line to further the free expression values that Americans enjoy but with few taking concrete risks. Titled “Banned on the Beach,” Wilzig, whose WEAM is now in its 7th year, will recount the years of struggle with the establishment in high profile cities.
On Our Radar
- Demi Lovato: Eating disorder started when I was toddler
- Rap mogul Birdman dating Toni Braxton
- Sarah Jessica Parker popping in to Bloomingdale's Aventura
- 3 rare pre-embargo Cuban cigars to buy in Miami
- How to get the celebrity bikini body you crave
- Luis Guzman in Miami: Spanish is easier than French
- Miami artist Becky Rosa unveils massive public art installation at Wynwood gallery
- Antonio Banderas: I have an attachment to Miami
- Runway Reviews from Miami Fashion Week 2016
- Do you live in one of the most stressed out places in Florida?