Museum owner tapped to speak at conference
Naomi Wilzig, owner of Miami Beach’s World Erotic Art Museum, has been tapped by the First Amendment Lawyers Association (FALA) to be featured speaker at its 3-day meeting, July 10-13 in Philadelphia. Normally limited to such “outside” speakers as judges and law professors, Wilzig has been cited as one of FALA’s “Heroes of the First Amendment,” those few who put themselves on the line to further the free expression values that Americans enjoy but with few taking concrete risks. Titled “Banned on the Beach,” Wilzig, whose WEAM is now in its 7th year, will recount the years of struggle with the establishment in high profile cities.
On Our Radar
- Are Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie coming to Art Basel?
- Celebrity doctor's Grove home sells
- Miami teen hits the big time
- Inside details of Sofia Vergara's wedding
- DWTS cast members will present SWAY: A Dance Trilogy at Olympia Theater
- Trey Songz and friends spend the day giving back.
- Recap: Miami.com Experience - Pop-Up Dinner at Bocce with Sugarcane
- Tiger Woods' ex holds dinner in Palm Beach
- Jamaican pop star OMI at club opening
- Miami's (wannabe) adopted son David Beckham is 'Sexiest Man'