Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA)
Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA) at North Miami
770 NE 125th St., North Miami
Open Tue, Thur, Fri, Sat 11am-5pm, Wed 1-9pm, Sun 12-5pm
Admission: adults $5, seniors/students with ID $3, members/North Miami residents/children under 12 free
Special days: last Friday of every month 7-10pm for jazz.
MOCA presents a mix of both local and international artists in its galleries. Local emerging artists, including Jose Bedia, Pablo Cano, Hernan Bas, William Cordova, Robert Chambers and Ruben Torres Llorca have been shown here, with highlights of past exhibits including works by Anna Gaskell, Gianni Versace, Pablo Cano and Salvador Dali.
The art starts at the entrance, where a line of palm trees crosses a round reflection pool, now an interactive wishing well. MOCA's indoor exhibits encompass 1970s film, Mexican modernism, fashion design, architecture, embroidery, animation and much more. Moveable walls in the main gallery allow curators to tailor viewing space to paintings, photography displays, large sculptures and installations of any shape and size. With as many as 10 annual exhibitions, there's always something new on display.
MOCA is also known for its popular programs, including Jazz at MOCA concert series, "MOCA by Moonlight," Arts for All and 5 Minutes of Fame.
The museum also has plans for a 20,000 sq. ft. expansion with more exhibition space, a 2,000 sq. ft. gallery for local artists and a new education wing.
See and Do
- A Day Trip to the Florida Keys
- Vizcaya’s Secret Garden restored to its natural splendor
- Stories, school fun & Munchkin Fun's 10 top picks for this week
- Hess Select South Beach Seafood Festival arrives Oct. 22-25 on Miami Beach
- Hialeah Park Casino celebrates one year with busy weekend
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Aug. 15-17
- Monster truck driver Debrah Miceli proves that Monster Jam is not just a boy’s club
- Wayans brothers bring their comedy act to Seminole Hard Rock on Friday, Aug 15.
- South Florida Firefighters Calendar is a family affair
- Miami Children’s Museum debuts ‘My Green Home’ exhibit