Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA)
Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA) at North Miami
770 NE 125th St., North Miami
Open Tue, Thur, Fri, Sat 11am-5pm, Wed 1-9pm, Sun 12-5pm
Admission: adults $5, seniors/students with ID $3, members/North Miami residents/children under 12 free
Special days: last Friday of every month 7-10pm for jazz.
MOCA presents a mix of both local and international artists in its galleries. Local emerging artists, including Jose Bedia, Pablo Cano, Hernan Bas, William Cordova, Robert Chambers and Ruben Torres Llorca have been shown here, with highlights of past exhibits including works by Anna Gaskell, Gianni Versace, Pablo Cano and Salvador Dali.
The art starts at the entrance, where a line of palm trees crosses a round reflection pool, now an interactive wishing well. MOCA's indoor exhibits encompass 1970s film, Mexican modernism, fashion design, architecture, embroidery, animation and much more. Moveable walls in the main gallery allow curators to tailor viewing space to paintings, photography displays, large sculptures and installations of any shape and size. With as many as 10 annual exhibitions, there's always something new on display.
MOCA is also known for its popular programs, including Jazz at MOCA concert series, "MOCA by Moonlight," Arts for All and 5 Minutes of Fame.
The museum also has plans for a 20,000 sq. ft. expansion with more exhibition space, a 2,000 sq. ft. gallery for local artists and a new education wing.
See and Do
- 7 Spots in Miami Even Locals Don’t Know About
- 5 bike events in Miami during May's National Bike Month
- 7 events in Miami for the budget-conscious - April 29-May 1
- 11 events not to miss in Miami in May 2016
- 11 free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - April 22-24
- What if 'Game of Thrones' were recast with famous Floridians?
- 7 things to do with your kids in the Florida Keys
- 5 Reasons to go to Wynwood Life
- Brickell City Centre Brings Farmers Market to Brickell
- 6 free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - April 15-17