Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA)
Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA) at North Miami
770 NE 125th St., North Miami
Open Tue, Thur, Fri, Sat 11am-5pm, Wed 1-9pm, Sun 12-5pm
Admission: adults $5, seniors/students with ID $3, members/North Miami residents/children under 12 free
Special days: last Friday of every month 7-10pm for jazz.
MOCA presents a mix of both local and international artists in its galleries. Local emerging artists, including Jose Bedia, Pablo Cano, Hernan Bas, William Cordova, Robert Chambers and Ruben Torres Llorca have been shown here, with highlights of past exhibits including works by Anna Gaskell, Gianni Versace, Pablo Cano and Salvador Dali.
The art starts at the entrance, where a line of palm trees crosses a round reflection pool, now an interactive wishing well. MOCA's indoor exhibits encompass 1970s film, Mexican modernism, fashion design, architecture, embroidery, animation and much more. Moveable walls in the main gallery allow curators to tailor viewing space to paintings, photography displays, large sculptures and installations of any shape and size. With as many as 10 annual exhibitions, there's always something new on display.
MOCA is also known for its popular programs, including Jazz at MOCA concert series, "MOCA by Moonlight," Arts for All and 5 Minutes of Fame.
The museum also has plans for a 20,000 sq. ft. expansion with more exhibition space, a 2,000 sq. ft. gallery for local artists and a new education wing.
See and Do
- Third Thursdays at Perez Art Museum Miami brings music and drinks
- Memorial Day Weekend Events - 2015
- Haitian Book Fair to celebrate Caribbean culture for 3rd year
- Annie, Open Play & Freebie Fun: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks for Memorial Day Week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - May 15-17
- Haitian Compas Festival encores at Sun Life Stadium with System Band and many more
- Siempre Flamenco hosts Cafe Cantante at the South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center
- The Rhythm Foundation's Dance Band Night kicks off with The French Horn
- What if Works presents Chekhov's 'The Cherry Orchard'
- S'mores, the Hunger Games & Annie: Munchkin Fun's Top picks May 11-17