Muse of the month: Haitian-born, Miami-based artist Edouard Duval-Carrié
Each month, visit Miami.com for a spark of stimulation from local artists.
"Edouard Duval-Carrié: Imagined Landscapes" at PAMM
Thursday, March 13 from 7 - 9 p.m.: Conversation: "Imagined Landscapes" with Edouard Duval Carrié and Tobias Ostrander
pamm.org or 305-375-3000
Inspired Art | Muse of the Month
Title: "After Church - Mystic Lagoon," 2013 by Edouard Duval-Carrié
Medium: Mixed media on aluminum
Size: 96 x 144
About this piece: Haitian-born, Miami-based artist Edouard Duval-Carrié will discuss this large-scale painting and others displayed in his solo exhibition at the Pérez Art Museum Miami involving a series of new works generated over the past year with PAMM Chief Curator Tobias Ostrander on Thursday, March 13 from 7 - 9 p.m. The event is open to the public and free with museum admission. Space is limited. First come, first served.
Duval-Carrié is known for his innovative adaptions of traditional Haitian iconography, which he engages to address contemporary social and political conditions and in order to explore the manner in which the tropics of the Caribbean and Florida continue to be sold as tropical paradises in ways that often obscure economic and social disparities that continue to be perpetuated. Contrasting his signature use of strong colors, this project presents works executed in black and silver glitter.
See it with your own eyes: The exhibition is entitled "Edouard Duval-Carrié: Imagined Landscapes" and is on view at the Pérez Art Museum Miami, 1103 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; Thursday, March 13 – August 31, 2014.
- Bakehouse Art Complex introduces Wynwood Green & Art Market, the neighborhood's first farmers market
- Accessible Art: Mexican masterworks featuring Frida Kahlo at NSU Museum of Art and Tameka Norris' 'Recovery' at Emerson Dorsch
- Accessible Art: Chinese artist Xu Bing at Frost Art Museum and Life is Art's mixer for emerging artists and grant makers
- Art Review: Peter Marino ‘One Way’ at Miami Beach’s Bass Museum
- Accessible Art: MDC Museum of Art + Design’s Director’s Previews, Art/Tuesdays hosts 'Galleries Under Fire' panel discussion, and a street and urban art auction
- On view now: Group exhibitions at ICA Miami and Primary Projects
- Accessible Art: Federico Uribe talks business for breakfast and William Sweetlove's animal sculptures come to Miami Ironside
- Accessible Art: Knight Arts Challenge hosts kickoff at Gramps and works by Red Wolf pop up at Kelley Roy Gallery
- 5 reasons why we’re excited about the new Vagabond Restaurant & Bar
- AIRIE in the Garden supports 'Wild Billboards'