Muse of the Month: Artist Ernesto Kunde
Each month, visit Miami.com for a spark of stimulation from local artists.
Inspired Art | Muse of the Month
Title: "Habitat," 2014, by Ernesto Kunde
Medium: Acrylic on canvas
Size: 36 x 60
About this piece: Brazilian-born, Miami-based painter Ernesto Kunde transforms the 600-square-foot Swenson Gallery of the Bakehouse Art Complex into an immersive experience with this large-scale piece and dozens of others featured in his solo exhibition titled "Symbiotic Promise."
"Habitat represents a new direction I've taken with the Mangrove Series I started two years ago. The large size is a big challenge for me, but I've managed to carry the bright colors through in all of my work," said Kunde.
Kunde draws a parallel to the symbiotic relationship between people and nature with the sculptural overlaying of his paintings in the gallery. A site-specific installation with a mural and projection will also express the his heightened awareness of the urgent need to take care of the environment.
See if with your own eyes: "Habitat" and the entire "Symbiotic Promise" exhibition by Ernesto Kunde is on view from May 9 - June 8, 2014 in the Swenson Gallery at the Bakehouse Art Complex, 561 NW 32 St., Miami.
- Accessible Art: Arsht Center unveils Kenny Scharf print for 10@10 and a Jeff Koons sculpture arrives at Bal Harbour Shops
- Accessible Art: The Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU seeks nominees for Breaking the Glass Ceiling Awards and Yo Miami presents "Body & Soul"
- Accessible Art: Nari Ward retrospective opens at PAMM and The Art and Culture Center of Hollywood unveils five new exhibits
- Accessible Art: DCOTA in Dania Beach hosts interior design expo and ArtSpace/Virginia Miller Galleries celebrates 42nd season
- Accessible Art: The Art of Transformation kicks off in Opa-locka and Winter Park's Art on the Green spotlights seven Miami artists
- Accessible Art: A sleepover at PAMM and Katsuya unveils Japanese-inspired mural by Jose Mertz
- NEWT Miami: Experiments in Light, Color & Sound debuts in November
- Accessible Art: A Benjamin Cañas show at New World Gallery and #Saveartspace announces open call
- Accessible Art: Advance tickets go on sale for Science Art Cinema: Fear and Philodendron opens at The Wolfsonian-FIU
- Accessible Art: Faena Art Open Call and new exhibits at Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens