Muse of the Month: Artist Ernesto Kunde
Each month, visit Miami.com for a spark of stimulation from local artists.
Inspired Art | Muse of the Month
Title: "Habitat," 2014, by Ernesto Kunde
Medium: Acrylic on canvas
Size: 36 x 60
About this piece: Brazilian-born, Miami-based painter Ernesto Kunde transforms the 600-square-foot Swenson Gallery of the Bakehouse Art Complex into an immersive experience with this large-scale piece and dozens of others featured in his solo exhibition titled "Symbiotic Promise."
"Habitat represents a new direction I've taken with the Mangrove Series I started two years ago. The large size is a big challenge for me, but I've managed to carry the bright colors through in all of my work," said Kunde.
Kunde draws a parallel to the symbiotic relationship between people and nature with the sculptural overlaying of his paintings in the gallery. A site-specific installation with a mural and projection will also express the his heightened awareness of the urgent need to take care of the environment.
See if with your own eyes: "Habitat" and the entire "Symbiotic Promise" exhibition by Ernesto Kunde is on view from May 9 - June 8, 2014 in the Swenson Gallery at the Bakehouse Art Complex, 561 NW 32 St., Miami.
- Paint-by-Number: How Miami artist Magnus Sodamin created 'Infinity Split'
- Wynwood Life: Art, Food, Fashion, Music
- Accessible Art: Nicolas Lobo's The Leisure Pit opens at PAMM and Cuban artist Sandra Ramos exhibits at Tub Gallery
- Accessible Art: John Sanchez and Jean-Paul Mallozzi unveil show in Hallandale Beach and Fashion Project FP01 opens experimental pop-up at Bal Harbour Shops
- Could Miami become a buoyant city after all?
- Venezuelan pop artist Fer Sucre brings his colorful work to Wynwood
- Art Review: Vik Muniz's Poetics of Perception at the Lowe Art Museum
- Accessible Art: artist Joana Fischer explores overconsumption at the Bakehouse Art Complex and Deering Estate hosts Festival of the Arts
- Accessible Art: Jewish Museum of Florida celebrates 20 years with new exhibition and ArtServe presents 'Art = Antidote to Hate' in Fort Lauderdale
- Learn how to sketch at The Wolfsonian-FIU museum in South Beach