Muse of the Month: Artist Ernesto Kunde
Each month, visit Miami.com for a spark of stimulation from local artists.
Inspired Art | Muse of the Month
Title: "Habitat," 2014, by Ernesto Kunde
Medium: Acrylic on canvas
Size: 36 x 60
About this piece: Brazilian-born, Miami-based painter Ernesto Kunde transforms the 600-square-foot Swenson Gallery of the Bakehouse Art Complex into an immersive experience with this large-scale piece and dozens of others featured in his solo exhibition titled "Symbiotic Promise."
"Habitat represents a new direction I've taken with the Mangrove Series I started two years ago. The large size is a big challenge for me, but I've managed to carry the bright colors through in all of my work," said Kunde.
Kunde draws a parallel to the symbiotic relationship between people and nature with the sculptural overlaying of his paintings in the gallery. A site-specific installation with a mural and projection will also express the his heightened awareness of the urgent need to take care of the environment.
See if with your own eyes: "Habitat" and the entire "Symbiotic Promise" exhibition by Ernesto Kunde is on view from May 9 - June 8, 2014 in the Swenson Gallery at the Bakehouse Art Complex, 561 NW 32 St., Miami.
- 6 things you can't miss at the Coconut Grove Arts Festival and Art Wynwood (plus a bonus event!)
- 5 best art events this week
- Accessible Art: Spinello Projects unveils Farley Aguilar show and 'Zionismus' opens with the Consul General of Germany at MDC
- Accessible Art: Sacred mandalas at Coral Springs Museum of Art and The Art of Video Games at the Frost
- Accessible Art: Art and architecture in San Miguel de Allende and new paintings by Brandon "Wizz Dumb" Deener
- Accessible Art: Village of Biscayne Park launches sculpture competition and YogArt rocks the Miami Design District
- Accessible Art: Contemporary French artists at France Pavilion and the GMCVB presents Art of Black Miami
- Accessible Art: Arsht Center unveils Kenny Scharf print for 10@10 and a Jeff Koons sculpture arrives at Bal Harbour Shops
- Accessible Art: The Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU seeks nominees for Breaking the Glass Ceiling Awards and Yo Miami presents "Body & Soul"
- Accessible Art: Nari Ward retrospective opens at PAMM and The Art and Culture Center of Hollywood unveils five new exhibits