Muse of the Month: Artist Ernesto Kunde
Each month, visit Miami.com for a spark of stimulation from local artists.
Inspired Art | Muse of the Month
Title: "Habitat," 2014, by Ernesto Kunde
Medium: Acrylic on canvas
Size: 36 x 60
About this piece: Brazilian-born, Miami-based painter Ernesto Kunde transforms the 600-square-foot Swenson Gallery of the Bakehouse Art Complex into an immersive experience with this large-scale piece and dozens of others featured in his solo exhibition titled "Symbiotic Promise."
"Habitat represents a new direction I've taken with the Mangrove Series I started two years ago. The large size is a big challenge for me, but I've managed to carry the bright colors through in all of my work," said Kunde.
Kunde draws a parallel to the symbiotic relationship between people and nature with the sculptural overlaying of his paintings in the gallery. A site-specific installation with a mural and projection will also express the his heightened awareness of the urgent need to take care of the environment.
See if with your own eyes: "Habitat" and the entire "Symbiotic Promise" exhibition by Ernesto Kunde is on view from May 9 - June 8, 2014 in the Swenson Gallery at the Bakehouse Art Complex, 561 NW 32 St., Miami.
- Accessible Art: Tickets for YoungArts Week and Tea and Art History at NSU Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale
- Accessible Art: Compelling new works at Emerson Dorsch Gallery and Broward Cultural Division’s major call to artists
- For art aficionados, a new Wynwood emerges to the north
- Accessible Art: Ruth and Marvin Sackner awarded Ordre des Arts et des Lettres and Jorge Blanco exhibits at O. Ascanio Gallery in Wynwood
- Artist Daniel Arsham predicts the future at Locust Projects
- Accessible Art: Meetinghouse gallery opens downtown, Curators come together at the Bass Museum, and Seth Browarnik's photography reveals the art of rum-making
- Rediscover 'The Lost Art of Letter Writing' at Vizcaya Museum and Gardens
- Accessible Art: The Scholl Lecture Series at PAMM welcomes NY artist Gary Simmons and an 'Urban MATERs' anti-gala fundraiser pops up in Wynwood
- Accessible Art: Prominent collector Martin Z. Margulies shares photography archives at NSU Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale and Sebastiao Salgado tackles preservation at Dina Mitrani Gallery in Wynwood
- Buying art is just the first step. You have to make it last.