Munchkin Fun's 30+ fun things to do in Miami Thanksgiving week
Santa photo-ops, princess camp & ornament workshops...
PLAN YOUR BEST HOLIDAY SEASON EVER WITH THE 2013 MUNCHKIN FUN HOLIDAY GUIDE
We’ve got all the goodies you’ll need for a fun, festive & action-packed holiday season - Santa sightings & photo ops, Chanukah fun, winter camps, family classes, shows, concerts & lots more. Click here to access our holiday guide. Bookmark this page - we’re updating it daily!
MAKE ORNAMENTS WITH THE KIDDOS!
Spend an afternoon creating colorful & unique ornaments for your tree while you & your little one enjoy music, snacks & family fun. The fun runs Saturday, Dec 7 from 2-3:30pm at DeVos Art Academy, a brand new (and super cute) studio on Miami Beach. Tickets are $20 per parent/child combo, click here to buy.
START PLANNING WINTER BREAK - 4 WEEKS TO GO!
Winter break is a two-week opportunity to have family fun, make memories and start traditions. Make this your best break yet.
- Plan some family activities. Get crafty with kids 3-12 at a mommy & me painting class, bake up something delicious in a family cooking class, treat the kids to a holiday card workshop, make holiday ornaments on the Beach, hang with Santa in Hallandale Beach or get sporty with a Saturday practice and play at My Gym Coral Gables. Click here to book & get all the information.
- Treat your kids to a day (or a few) of winter camp. Camp hours vary by location, but generally start around 9am and go through 12pm (half day) or 3-4pm (full day). Options are endless - kids can spend the day cooking, living a princess fantasy, tumbling, doing art, playing sports at the JCC or becoming stage stars. They’ll love it - it’s a perfect complement to school and anecdote to boredom. Click here to get more info or book.
- Schedule yourself some shopping time. Holiday drop & shop might be our favorite new trend. Drop the kids off for an hour or two of holiday fun while you brave the mall solo - so much more fun & efficient. Click here to book time in the Gables, here to book a shopping drop-off in Hallandale Beach or here to book a date in Kendall/Falls.
FIND FREEBIE HOLIDAY FUN
Holiday fun starts NOW! Treat the kids to North Miami’s Winternational Thanksgiving Parade; buy your tree & check out a candy cane parade at Winterfest in Miami Lakes; give Santa an official welcome as he arrives at the Mall of the Americas; light the tree & feast on food trucks at Bayfront Park; treat the kids to snowcones, facepainting & a Nutcracker performance at Cocowalk’s holiday party & tree lighting or celebrate Chanukah in Palmetto Bay. Get these details & SO MANY MORE in our 2013 Holiday Guide.
See and Do
- Ayikodans offers a prayer in the form of dance for its sixth season at the Arsht Center
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Feb. 5-7
- Skateboards and jazz collide this weekend at YoungArts campus
- Actors’ Playhouse Company turns out a dazzling version of the musical ‘West Side Story’
- Latest touring version of the Tony-winning musical 'Book of Mormon' is a delight
- ‘The Nether’ raises provocative questions about the dark side of the web
- Slow Burn Theatre Company’s ‘Violet’ is a musical about the scars we carry
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Jan. 29-31
- 6 reasons Miami's drive-in theater is better than Netflix and chill
- Miami Events - February 2016