Munchkin Fun's 22 fun things to do with the kids Dec 9-14
Holiday activities, freebie fun & movies under the stars
By Munchkin Fun
December is in full swing and holiday mania is upon us! Click here for a listing of winter camps, here for a master list of holiday fun and here for a round-up of local Nutcracker productions (start a sugar plum fairy family tradition!). Don't forget to sign up for the Munchkin Fun newsletter to get weekly picks delivered right to your inbox.
Make a winter wonderland snow globe at Michael’s, explore the sounds of nature in North Miami, get dramatic with a holiday creative workshop for kids 7-13 at Rising Stars Studio near the Falls, have dinner with Santa in Homestead or treat the kids to the Nutcracker in North Miami. Get all the details here.
FIND FREEBIE FUN
Check out an al fresco screening of Man of Steel on Miami Beach, treat little ones to character storytime at Aventura Mall, sing along with a free Silly Monkeys Music Together class in Kennedy Park, celebrate the holidays at the South Miami Library, get festive with Reindeer Races in Midtown or explore the brand new Perez Art Museum Miami at free Second Saturdays. Get all the details here.
Join Miami Children’s Hospital’s Trauma Services Team for a Saturday morning bike & child safety event at Kohl’s Kendall. Guest can enjoy informational sessions, safety instructions, giveaways (while supplies last) and family-friendly entertainment. Click here for address & timing details and call the Miami Children’s Hospital Trauma Services Department at 786-624-4639 for additional info. Get all the details here.
Spend Friday night with the family al fresco at Barnacle Under the Stars, treat the kids to a family movie at flashlight tour at Pinecrest Gardens, bring back the Basel vibe with Second Saturday in the Design District & Mini Gallery Night at Play In, check out the Three Mess-keteers in South Miami, get bookish with Polar Express storytime at MCM, have milk & cookies with Santa at the Falls or get crafty at a Mommy, Daddy & Me Art Class in Midtown Miami. Get all the details here.
See and Do
- Las Olas Art Fair takes over the streets of Fort Lauderdale this weekend
- 5 reasons you should check out the Mammography Art Initiative in Wynwood this weekend
- 7 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Oct. 21-23
- Miami's cultural itinerary courtesy of Prism Creative Group - Oct. 16-31
- Find your happy place at the Modern Life Mindfulness Festival
- Grovetoberfest Celebrates Six Years of Craft Beer
- Can this Miami political roast Make America Laugh Again? Let's hope so
- Are these places haunted? October is a great month to explore Miami's ghost stories
- Where to go bowling in Miami
- The Underline is popping up for a day on Saturday