Munchkin Fun's 22 fun things to do with the kids August 19-25
Make it a busy, fun-filled week with a Barbie giveaway, ballet, storytime and mommy & me art
Happy first week of school! Ease the transition with a healthy, grab & go dinner (you deserve the break this week) and by winning four tickets to the Barbie Dreamhouse experience (we couldn’t resist one more contest for all the Barbie lovers!).
Sign Up for Class
We’re excited to welcome Thomas Armour Youth Ballet (best ballet in South Miami!), Furia Flamenca (mommy & me and beginning flamenco in Key Biscayne & Coral Gables) and Perfect Balance (focused, family-run martial arts in Kendall, Doral & South Miami) to the Munchkin Fun family. We’ve personally visited and fallen in love with each of them - and know you will too. Book a class now!
Start Mommy & Me this Week
School’s in session for the little kids too - today is prime time to book a mommy & me class - we’ve got over 80 to choose from. Learn, play & bond with your little one at family-friendly Zumba in Wynwood, innovative music on Miami Beach, Yupi Tots’ crafts & clay in Midtown, all-encompassing mommy & me in Aventura or pajama-rama music perfect for working parents in Midtown. Sign up today.
Work off the summer pounds with a Flywheel back to school ride with our favorite instructor and MF member Erica; buy, sell & trade gently used kids clothes & toys with Buzzy Kids; check out yoga for kids in the Grove; or get bookish with a summer special preschool storytime in the Gables. Get all the details here.
Celebrate the season with a back to school bash at Pinecrest Gardens, explore education & health services at the Children’s Trust family expo, craft with Morgen Chesonis in the Gables, sing & celebrate Rosh Hashana on Miami Beach, explore science in Pinecrest or score free admission to a national park. Start planning your weekend here.
See and Do
- 7 Worst Traffic Nightmares of Miami
- 5 Worst Visitors People in Miami Receive in the Winter
- Ayikodans offers a prayer in the form of dance for its sixth season at the Arsht Center
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Feb. 5-7
- Skateboards and jazz collide this weekend at YoungArts campus
- 14 Events You Can't Miss in Miami in March 2016
- Actors’ Playhouse Company turns out a dazzling version of the musical ‘West Side Story’
- Latest touring version of the Tony-winning musical 'Book of Mormon' is a delight
- ‘The Nether’ raises provocative questions about the dark side of the web
- Slow Burn Theatre Company’s ‘Violet’ is a musical about the scars we carry