Munchkin Fun's 17 fun things to do with the kids Jan 13-19
Family fitness, bike safety, Art Deco fun & maternity giveaways: Munchkin Fun's top picks for Jan 13-19
Happy new week - we’re diving into week two of re-SOLUTION month at Munchkin Fun Miami. Jan 13-20 is all about getting fit as a family. Read on for tips to get your little ones moving & grooving…
re-SOLUTION Week 2: GET FIT AS A FAMILY
Make 2014 your year of family fitness! It’s never been a more fun - or important - time to treat your kids to the benefits and lasting value of a good sweat. Take a pajama walk, do a family 5k, treat the kids to a family CrossFit or yoga class or plan a backyard Olympics.
Join Miami Children’s Hospital’s Trauma Services Team for a Saturday morning bike & child safety event at Kohl’s Hialeah. Guest can enjoy informational sessions, safety instructions, giveaways (while supplies last) and family-friendly entertainment. Click here for address & timing details or call the Miami Children’s Hospital Trauma Services Department at 786-624-4639 for additional info.
Get musical at Faichild’s Garden Music Festival, treat kids 3.5-6 to science discovery in North Miami, get crafty in art for kids in Pembroke Pines, practice DIY bookmaking techniques in Kendale Lakes or catch a Friday night movie in North Beach.
PLAY BIG AT ART DECO WEEKEND
Treat the kids - and yourself - to two days of music, games and fun at Miami Beach Art Deco Weekend. The Playground is open from 12-5pm Saturday and Sunday at Lummus Park (8th St & Ocean Dr) and is loaded with 10 hours of dancing, parades, live performances and movies. Don’t forget to pop by the Munchkin Fun Miami booth!
YOU CAN STILL WIN TICKETS TO BABY SHOWER MIAMI
Treat yourself - or your favorite mommy to be - to seminars, samples, info, games & Miami’s best pregnancy resources at the Big City Moms Biggest Baby Shower on Feb 4 at Jungle Island. Test drive a new stroller, take a breastfeeding seminar, sip a mocktail & prep for baby with over 100 vendors & experts (including Munchkin Fun Miami!). Tickets range from $35-$150. Click here to buy tickets & here to enter to win a free couples pass ($125 value).
CELEBRATE MLK DAY
Celebrate Martin Luther King Jr’s birthday with crafts & stories in South Miami or Coconut Grove. Have to go to the office? Treat the kids to a teacher planning day camp at Play-In, a day or two of fun at My Gym Doral, City Trekker camp at the Coral Gables Museum, art camp at Baby Posh Garage or teacher planning day at Math Monkey of Pinecrest.
See and Do
- 7 Worst Traffic Nightmares of Miami
- 6 ways to tap into the Miami-London love affair
- 5 Worst Visitors People in Miami Receive in the Winter
- Ayikodans offers a prayer in the form of dance for its sixth season at the Arsht Center
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Feb. 5-7
- Skateboards and jazz collide this weekend at YoungArts campus
- 14 Events You Can't Miss in Miami in March 2016
- Actors’ Playhouse Company turns out a dazzling version of the musical ‘West Side Story’
- Latest touring version of the Tony-winning musical 'Book of Mormon' is a delight
- ‘The Nether’ raises provocative questions about the dark side of the web