Mulata Daiquiri @ Sra. Martinez
A frothy drink with tastes of rum and tangy lime? This must be the Mulata Daiquiri.
4000 NE Second Ave.
The Mulata Daiquiri is around $14
The cozy upstairs bar at Sra. Martinez – Michelle Bernstein’s tapas spot – is like a secretive lab where concoctions are made from fresh juices and ingredients on a daily basis. Ask the bartender to make you a Mulata Daiquiri. The delightfully frothy drink with tastes of rum and tangy lime will have you asking for seconds.
Prepare a chilled, round cocktail goblet
Prepare a cocktail shaker filled with ice
Add 2 ounces of Atlantico Rum
Add 1 ounce of fresh squeezed lime juice
Add ½ an ounce of simple syrup
Strain into the glass
Top with a daiquiri foam (Made blended, by hand, in a cocktail shaker with the same ingredients and 2 egg whites)
Garnish with a lime
- Go Drink This: Tropical Hot Tea Toddy
- Mixologist Carlos Morales digs into the state of cocktail culture in Miami
- Go Drink This: Proper Rum and Coke
- Date night? Try Lique Miami
- Go Drink This: Evergreen Eggnog
- Dinner Lab returns to Miami December 18
- Go Drink This: The five best Miami cocktails of 2015
- Go Drink This: Gas Me Up Punch
- Get your bourbon on at Shula's 347 Grill December 8
- Go Drink This: Dirty Pickle