Before you had money to go "botel" hopping, you were a motel misfit ("Botel" is this writer's word for "boutique hotel"). Tell us about your favorite motel misfit moment.
As an old friend and I cruised down Biscayne Boulevard, we talked about motel mischief. In high school, she used the Vagabond motel parking lot to transform from a Catholic school notebook-nibbler to a North Miami Senior High misfit. Bye-bye school uniform. Hello daisy dukes. lol It made me think of my first motel moment at the Vagabond, back when Biscayne Boulevard was naughty by nature and a weekend at Holiday Inn was considered high class. Tell us about your mischievous motel moment.
- Four Seasons offers $132,000 golf vacation jet-setting from Miami to Costa Rica & West Indies
- How to step inside your favorite Baz Luhrmann movie at the new Faena Hotel Miami Beach
- Where do Miami's top hospitality pros want to travel in 2016?
- Alan Faena on life as an artistic expression, storytelling & his new Miami Beach hotel
- Miami hotel openings on the horizon for 2016
- Deck the halls with these holiday & winter hotel deals
- Inside The Hall South Beach, Joie de Vivre's first east coast property
- Aboard Norwegian Escape's maiden voyage
- Mark your calendars! Cyber Monday is Back
- James Bond-inspired hotel stays in time for 'Spectre' release